LOOKING FOR WOMEN OVER 40

Options

Replies

• StephGodsPrincess
    StephGodsPrincess Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I'm 44 and definitely notice a huge difference i how quick I am losing as compared to 8 years ago when I had lost weight.
  • MsStorm
    MsStorm Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm turning 46 next month and have fighting for the past 6+ years to lose weight. Whether it's slower metabolism with age, hormones/menopause, etc., it's frustrating and a pain in the butt! Feel free to add me as a Friend - we'll chat.
  • 9jenn9
    9jenn9 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm 47 and have been feeling the effects of hormonal shifts for a few years now. Gone are the days of quick, drop a few pounds diets. It's slow going this time around. I haven't helped myself by yo-yo dieting in the past. Been doing mfp for a few months and I'm in it for the long haul. If you're after slow, steady long term change, I'm happy to support you (and vice versa).:smile:
  • creatinglana
    creatinglana Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too. I have been looking for friends over 40. I'm 39 years old but will be turning 40 in January. I developed hypothyroidism after my last child; he's 3 years old. I took off about 50 lbs immediately after taking medication but then it stopped and I'm having a hard time moving past that point. It's a lot of work and effort than when I was in my twenties.
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for friends around my age too, so feel free to add me! I'm 48 and didn't really have a weight problem until my 40s. I agree that it's different. It's not just the weight, but everything seems to be that bit harder!
  • Valera0466
    Valera0466 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Love all the support on MFP. I don't want to have too many friends or I won't be able to remember who's who. I will check profiles and find the ones I have the most in common with . Thanks you for all the responses. I hope other women come to this topic and find women who fit into their needs. Please don't be hurt if I don't send you a friend request. I wish you all the best and pray you reach your goals. <><
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    DaughterOfTheMostHighKing Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, I'm 47 and invite you to read my profile. If you choose to friend me, please make your profile open to me so I can read it and 'figure' out if I can help and support you to the best of my ability. :) we're all here to improve! WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!

"I am woman hear me rrrrrrrooooooooaaaaaarrrrrrr!!!!!"

or

"I am woman! I am invincible!"

Let's Do This Thing!!!!!
  • carlyhahn
    carlyhahn Posts: 4
    Options
    I am 43, and I have noticed an issue with metabolism for several years. AS we get older we tend to lose muscle, since we need muscle in order to burn fat that is the the reason as we get older we not only want to lose weight but also find a system yo build lean muscle at the same time.

I started the Body By Vi Challenge in January of this year and have lost over 65 pounds. After years of trying every weight loss product out there this is the only system that has produced amazing results for me.
  • katycat24
    katycat24 Posts: 32
    Options
    I'm 42 and struggling as well. Add me!
  • swweis
    swweis Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'll be 49 in a few months and newbie to MFP! Gone are the days of missing a few meals or only eating WW meals to keep my weight in check.
  • scmcgee
    scmcgee Posts: 165
    Options
    I am turning 44 on Friday. Feel free to add me. This is a life style change for me. It is harder to workout at this age then it was 10-15 years ago.:)
  • dirtbikegirl5
    dirtbikegirl5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I will be 41 next month. Please feel free to add me (if you don't already have to many over 40 friends).
  • CleanKim
    CleanKim Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am 46 and understand completely! I am in denial of my premenapausal state, but they are there! Feel free to add me!
  • KIMBAILEYWILLIAMSON
    KIMBAILEYWILLIAMSON Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like. I am 51 and am in perimenopause. I have been using MFP since first of January and have lost 50+ lbs. Best program I have ever used and with eating better (especially portion control) and exercise I have lost more weight than I ever have in my life.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    I am 43 sahm and losing 30 lbs! You can add me.:)
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    I turned 50 this last Jan. and I made the choice I don't are how long it takes me...I want the weight off!! I feel so much better now, and have tons more energy!! I eat healthy, no prosessed food, no fast foods. no sugar, but natural from fruits, no starchy foods....and only natural carbs...no noodles, breads. I have been drpping weight like crazy. I eat lean meats lots of veggies, and fruit.

You just have to keep trying things until you find something that you can live with...and that is working for you!!
  • ChelleA65
    ChelleA65 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am 47. My ticker shows that I have lost 0 pounds, but actually, in the past two years have lost 100 pounds with a 40 pound weight gain. Still a 60 pound loss, but this is a new start for me with new goals.

In the past three years, my life has been insane, but I feel totaly blessed. I went through a terrible divorce after 21 years, but ended up meeting and marrying the man of my dreams.

This was only the beginning. In late November, I went to the Dr. I had been doing so great with weight loss and exercising, but had no energy any longer. My blood work showed that possibly had a cancer looming somewhere. That started an ongoing search. Thank heavens to my amazing new husband who was there through it all. In mid April, I had a bilateral masectomy and they removed a very aggressive form of breast cancer. Fortuneately, it was all contained and they got it all.

I am now 8 weeks post surgery, ready to go again. Started the gym again Monday, hence starting over 0 pounds lost.
  • bellag1962
    Options
    I'm 49 so I can relate. Feel free to add me! :)
  • RunChristyRun
    RunChristyRun Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    40...took the shortcut to menopause in my 30s (hysterectomy)! Feel free to add me! :)
  • pinklily905
    pinklily905 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me al! Will be 43 this year.