LOOKING FOR WOMEN OVER 40

Options

Replies

• nursep38
    nursep38 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi, I'm 47 and definitely know what you're experiencing. I'm planning a wedding in November and for some odd reason I've gained thirty(30) pounds. yes 30 pounds. I had lost almost sixty pounds three years ago and had maintained it until about 6 months ago. Please help, I have no desire to look like a stuffed sausage in my wedding dress.
  • jlong1220
    jlong1220 Posts: 3
    Options
    Feel free to add me, too! I am 46 and have been working out diligently and trying to eat healthier since Feb 1 (it is now June 11).
    SLOW going! I am definitely getting stronger and fitter and losing some inches -- but only about 10 pounds in 4 months! I want to lose a total of 40 pounds, so I am 25% of the way there....

Jen L
  • Bealach_Bug
    Options
    Hi there, I'm 42, so anyone with a similar outlook to their fitness please feel free to add me.

I eat healthy, as few processed food as possible, no fast foods, I TRY to keep my carbs fairly low...no breads or pasta, I love lots of veggies and only use full fat dairy (except in my coffee as I can't seem to break the skimmed milk habit)

Love the gym and starting to see some progress, I used to do a lot of hillwalking, so I'd like to get back into that (knees permitting)

Take care all xx
  • Valera0466
    Valera0466 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Could we maybe make a group, then we could each join the group? I am pretty new here...

That would be an awesome idea but I really don't have time to moderate a group. If anyone else does please invite me.
  • sherry9300
    sherry9300 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like. I'm currently switched to maintenance and finding it particularly challenging. It's like still being on a diet, but not. :)
  • gerirojas
    gerirojas Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 41 and I know what you mean, no menopause symptoms but definitely finding it harder to get rid of the 5-8 pounds that I keep gaining and losing, anyone feel free to add me I would love more support
  • cmoreno65
    cmoreno65 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm 46 and just coming back to this site. I'm experiencing the exact same thing. Feel free to add me! :-)
  • LuckBeWithU
    LuckBeWithU Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    46 Here...:smile:

Feel Free To Add Me
  • adbohls
    adbohls Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Im 46 and also finding a lot of changes in my body as I get older. Feel free to add me.
  • ksburge
    ksburge Posts: 11
    Options
    I want to support you. Actually, I need support to. I am 45, 46 in August. Definite body changes. I like connecting out here. This is the first time I have friended people I don't know. It is helping me stay on track. I like the accountability.

Let's be friends. :smile:
  • CanuckTracy
    CanuckTracy Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Hey girl! I'm 42 so certainly qualify :). Feel free to add me...def far more challenging than years ago
  • jyotinaik
    jyotinaik Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi Valerie,
    I completely agree with you. I turned 46 last year and hit menopause. OMG! I had always prided my self in that if I put on weight, it was in the right places. But now, all the weight is on my belly! WTH? I look like a middle aged man. Lost my butt and about to lose my boobs :-(
  • jyotinaik
    jyotinaik Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Could we maybe make a group, then we could each join the group? I am pretty new here...

That would be an awesome idea but I really don't have time to moderate a group. If anyone else does please invite me.

Join this group "40 And Fabulous"
  • ctrygalk
    ctrygalk Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am fifty and fully understand what your talking about. Boy do I lol. Just when you didnt think it would happen to you BAM there it is happening to you. Oy Add me and anyone else that would like to please do.
  • vozie
    vozie Posts: 1
    Options
    PLEASE add me. I turn 41 next week and have just joined MFP this week - I need all the support I can get! I have been declining rapidly over the last year and MUST get a grip. Soooo - TODAY IS THE DAY!!!!
  • SWorthington
    SWorthington Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    45 next week.... you can add me.
  • LindaBS2
    LindaBS2 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi there I'm 56, gone through the menopause, so I know how you feel. I lost loads of weight a few years back, but it's creeping back and I have to exercise like crazy to allow me to eat some food!! Feel free to add me, I'll be with you all the way :))
  • gingersnap401
    Options
    I'm on your "40" & over peri-menapause ship and agree 100% - losing weight the easy way is (slim fast) - those days are over for us! I'm finding that daily excercise helps a lot but who has that kind of time? Not me. :(
  • sandygettingfit
    sandygettingfit Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm 47 and struggling with those issues. Just had a hysterectomy in January and gallbladder removal in March. I hope to stay motivated on MFP and not quit this time.
  • kathleenp518
    kathleenp518 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi Val! I can totally relate. I just turned 45 in May. I thought I was going through pre-menopause but according to my doctor my levels are normal. I feel great when I do exercise, but never seem to stick with it. I am hoping to lose 15 lbs. over the next month or so. I'm going on my first cruise next month and want to feel confident about how I look. I look forward to sharing with you. Thanks!!!