LOOKING FOR WOMEN OVER 40

Options

Replies

• lisamck67
    lisamck67 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi There, yes, I am 44 ! I am having blood pressure issues as well as period issues uggg ! I have not had a weight issue until I hit 40. I use to be able to maintain my weight pretty easily, I have been staying steady at my pregnancy weight, which is 144, and I was last pregnant in 1999 ! I was able to lose the weight after the preganancy and was back to 115 but then lack of exercise and just working, once I hit 40, it just packed on again to that 144, I am currently down to 138 and I am 5'1.
    WE can all use encourangement and motivation, add me too if you like ! All the best to you, you can do it, we can do it !!!! from Oceanside CA !:flowerforyou:
  • Valera0466
    Valera0466 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Sorry to disappoint some of you with the "come on line" but hey it's gotten this post a lot of attention. LOL Thanks everyone for all the invites.
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I recently turned 45 and I lost 112 pounds in one year with diet, exercise and using MFP. Anyone is welcome to add me.
  • jjnt007
    jjnt007 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I am 47 and have 60 more pounds to lose. I started on February 29, 2012 and I have lost 31 pounds. You can add me.
  • hazymary
    hazymary Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm, I'm 54, post menopausal and been heavy all my life. Today I'm in the best shape of my life !! It's all about commitment. Last year I decided enough is enough, I don't ever want to sit on the sidelines and say " I wish I could do that" again. I'm a work in progress, but I will not surrender. So if you want some tough love add me.
  • sbertagnole
    Options
    I'm 42 and can't take off the weight like I used. I lost a significant amount of weight at 38 which creeped back on over the years. The tricks I used then do not work as well at 42.
  • luvmyharley
    Options
    43 and been in menopause for 13yrs. (medical menopause) Just started up again today. Feel free to add me.
  • sweetiebelle
    sweetiebelle Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I'm 41! I'll be 42 in January add me
  • chele1028
    chele1028 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Hi Val, you can add me, I am 41 and it is harder the older we get..but I am doing it this time, it is slowing down now but we can do this!
  • jmart53
    jmart53 Posts: 47
    Options
    Hi Val, I will be 54 this month and I know what you are going through. It's not easy any more. I have 2 herniated disc in my back with some arthritis. A bad Shoulder and a bad knee. My exercise is very limited so this journey has been slow going. Not to mention I work 10 hours a day and don't have much time for anything when I get home. I love the support and motivation on MFP i have tried other things but never stuck with it. I am really giving it my all this time, trying hard to stick with it.
    Please friend me, i would love to support you in your journey.
  • cali798x
    cali798x Posts: 32
    Options
    Add me too. I am seriously there with you. I am 42 (almost 43) and going through the beginning stages of menopause, I have the same symptoms and it is really hard to lose weight. It is very strange that the places I put on weight are not the same that was used to before. Now everything seems to be going to my waist not hips or b-hind :-) Everything seems to be changing, skin is dry, hair is dry, etc. I am sure you know the pain.
  • momof4ts
    momof4ts Posts: 118
    Options
    :flowerforyou: i just started last week now that i am on summer break i HAVE to get serious about yhis 40+ body! I am sure menapause is close!would love to be added to your friend list! I love to encourage and need suport also! Blessings as we go on this journey together!
  • gobraves47
    gobraves47 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'm 44 and definitely feeling like it's harder to lose now than when I was younger.
    :happy:
  • strawberry1969
    strawberry1969 Posts: 1,476 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me too!!ive had menapausal smptoms for about 2 years im nearly 43!!
  • billiestern
    billiestern Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I just turned 52 on Monday, things are different.
  • quill16
    quill16 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I'm 55 and still have not gone thru menopause (any day now .....I'm waiting........) I think the weight loss is tougher as we age, but I don't attribute it to menopause. Stress, family life, and motivation are key issues. That said, I finally got the motivation to lose 177lbs and I have so much energy due to healthy eating and exercise. If I knew I would have felt this good years ago maybe I would have done it long time ago. My doctor kids me and says I have found the foutain of youth!!!!!
  • AngieTheArtist
    Options
    Hi, I am Angie, 47, and finished menopause at age 35. I am blessed to have seen your post. Please add me.
  • Countryslove
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am 45.
  • Shawneb66
    Shawneb66 Posts: 124
    Options
    I am 45 and I have 27lbs. to go! I cannot believe how slow it's going, but I just keep reminding myself that I didn't gain it quickly...therefore, it won't come off quickly!! Feel free to add me...my diary is open, so if you want to look and see if anything helps you feel free!! Good Luck!
  • isabellesgranny
    Options
    :
    happy:
    i wont go thru the change but u can add me if ud like.. im new here and looking for friends.. im 47 and need to lose a ton of weight.. good luck on the long road. but we can do this.. one day one pound at a time..