LOOKING FOR WOMEN OVER 40

Options

Replies

• Tmoorey
    Tmoorey Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Please add me! I just turned 50, and do I ever understand the roller coaster of aging! I am I guess one would say in the active phase of menopause ~ hot flashes for no reason, followed by freezing to death. Don't get me started on the ability to sleep, which has been gone for about 2 weeks now. What I wouldn't give for 5 hours of uninterrupted sleep. Shoot, after last night, I would settle for two! I have been counting calories, exercising and even decided to 'run' a 5k on Thanksgiving, but my weight has not dropped a single pound in two weeks.
  • Lady_Tilika
    Options
    Hi Valera :) ,

I am a 42 mum of 3 from Australia :) ... Not sure about the menopause bit although it hasn't been diagnosed I think its started grrrrrr .... Not looking forward to it :( ... When I was a kid weight was never a problem but now like you it's a constant struggle (and one I often let the better of me :( ) ... If you wish to add me you are quite welcome too :)

Cheers Shell :)
  • BrewerFan2
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I'm 44 and even though my doctor claims I'm not pre-meopausal he can't seem to explain the symptoms I seem to have that resemble it and the fact that I have seemed to stop gettting my periods. Although that could be the weight gain over the past few years too. Anyway, I have other factors that have been a problem for me for losing the weight, like my oesteoarthritis and such as well. So let's lose this weight together.
  • fitbugfreak
    fitbugfreak Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add - I just turned 47 :laugh:
  • Victoria2448
    Victoria2448 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Please add me!

I am beating down that middle aged *kitten*...it can be done, it's just a bit different now.:laugh:
  • jnaty
    Options
    i'm turnog 50 next week i would like to help you out and encourege you
  • cutchro
    cutchro Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    47 heading to 48 here... lost 40 pounds in 7 months and have maintained it for the past 4 months within a pound or two... It can be done! Add me if ya like.:flowerforyou:
  • luvsfitness
    luvsfitness Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Please...add me.:drinker:
  • Vickiesings
    Options
    I will be 54 in November. Please free to add me.
  • Masil20
    Masil20 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'll send you a friend request. I am over 40 and like to hear from others going through similiar struggles.
  • OK_Girl
    OK_Girl Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I am 38, so I don't meet your age requirement, But do to hormonal issues and lack of functioning ovary (I only have one left) I have been in pre menopause for years. Hot flashes- mood swings, fatigue, irregular periods, you name it. Feel free to add me if you wish.
  • vbutlerb
    vbutlerb Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I just turned 49. I have had metabolic issues all my life. In my twenties I could not gain weight. Now I can...ha! Add me if you like.
  • keenesmom
    keenesmom Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Just sent you a friend request via MFP!
  • strawbrifox
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'll be 41 in a few months and I've definitely noticed I'm not 20 anymore hahaha
  • carolsco
    carolsco Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me to your friends.....Im going to be 41 very soon and alhtough i have no pre-menopausal syptoms yet, i am having thyroid issues and also have very low iron, so low it made me very sick last year.....i am also starting to notice the difficulty in trying to lose weight at this age!! very frustrating!!
  • x_JT_x
    x_JT_x Posts: 364
    Options
    I'm 49 (and not going any further thankyouverymuch) and 2 yrs into the wonderful roller coaster that is menopause thanks to chemo treatments. But, it is what it is and we just need to make the best of it. As my husband is fond of saying when I let it get me down..."Be thankful you're here to complain. Not everyone is that blessed." Don't ya hate when they're right???

Anyone looking for another MFP pal, feel free to add me. The more the merrier :).
  • whosyourmama
    whosyourmama Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 49, feel like I have been on a diet forever. I had been doing well till I went on holiday in July and I have been struggling to get the pounds off since. I am a runner with a very slow metabolism, the older I get the harder it gets to lose and that's with doing all the right things. I would be happy to join your over 40's.
  • onematch
    onematch Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies!
    I'm 42 and the pounds definitely do not drop away like they used to. I'd love the share the uphill battle of the over-the-hill girls :)
  • butterflycutie
    Options
    Hi! I will be 40 in Nov. I've already lost 45 lbs and I'm at my goal weight but might lose a few more. You ladies feel free to add me. We can help motivate eachother.
  • vbutlerb
    vbutlerb Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    My friends list is pretty full so unless you invite me with a message I probably wont be adding others but for those of you in the same boat please invite others who have responded to this post. We can all use lots of support.

Ah! Just saw this..