What do you LOVE about your gym?

Options
13»

Replies

• Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Its not the flashest of central London gyms, but the staff are great, the clientelle is good and in the main are there to work out hard, and they wash my kit for me every day. I have never come across another gym that will wash your kit, and I hate having to lug kit around with me all day, so for this alone I will never cross over the road and join the flash new Virgin gym.
  • krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    I clearly need to get out more :(

I go to the YMCA - no frills. Still love it though.

that's where I go too :) I love it
  • lickmybaconcakes
    lickmybaconcakes Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    1) there's a pool.
    2) a decent selection of free weights.
    3) they don't get mad when I drop the weights.
    4) It's open late.
    5) most the people are friendly.
  • CrueChix
    CrueChix Posts: 47
    Options
    I love the people that pop in that haven't seen me in a while and go, "Wow! You look great! How much weight have you lost?" Keeps me motivated.
  • LALOCHA34
    LALOCHA34 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I love my home gym.

I have a (FREE) treadmill, loaded with extra goodies (fan, programs, heart rate monitor so on and so forth)! I have my stair stepper, free weights, TV & XBOX & various workout videos.

My kids clear the room when it is my time and I can blast my ipod, watch my DVR shows and sweat my booty off.
    I also have a dog who thinks I am playing with him when I am doing jumping jacks, kickbacks etc. It is funny, he jumps with me and he gets some fitness in too.

All in the comfort of my home.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    I can go in and punch stuff and there is always someone there willing to show me how to better punch stuff.
  • dandelion39
    dandelion39 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I love that it has mirrors everywhere so I can check my makeup.

Just kidding (well, sort of).

Actually, I love that it's never crowded, and that I'm the only one who ever seems to use the squat rack. And that there usually isn't anyone around to laugh at me when I fall off the Swiss ball.

Also, I love the crazy old weightlifting woman who seems to live there (though she clearly leaves at some point to go tan) and talks loudly to herself (curses mainly) as she trains.
  • RonSwanson66
    RonSwanson66 Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    Yoga pants.

And the Good-girl/Bad-girl machine.
  • BikerKevin67
    Options
    Mine is cheap and I love the hot chick that uses the thigh machine wearing loose shorts and no panties every time I use the shoulder press machine. And she's shaved! They really should position it the other way for pervs like me, but I'm not saying a thing. Hey, if she wants to show it, I'll be her audience.
  • MsQt
    MsQt Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    My trainer, the music, the new hardcore machines, and that competitors that I have admired from my NPC Competition workout at the same place. They always keeps me pumped:happy:
  • TitanGM
    TitanGM Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    Nothing, except of the cheap price.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    Mine is cheap and I love the hot chick that uses the thigh machine wearing loose shorts and no panties every time I use the shoulder press machine. And she's shaved! They really should position it the other way for pervs like me, but I'm not saying a thing. Hey, if she wants to show it, I'll be her audience.

Dear Penthouse Forum...
  • sweetsarahj
    sweetsarahj Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Nothing, except of the cheap price.

That sucks!
  • sweetsarahj
    sweetsarahj Posts: 701 Member
    Options

Dear Penthouse Forum...

LMAO!
  • Schraudt814
    Schraudt814 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Cardio Cinema! My gym has a room that's cool and dark and they show movies to run to...It's my heaven for running