Nice arms

Options

Replies

• Amber50lbsDown
    Amber50lbsDown Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Im wondering the same my arms are the last to lose and have always been to flabby and too big for my body.

I dont have access to a gym or money for weights so is there anything I might have in my house I could use to do these exercises.
    Ive tried my toddler but hes too wiggly !!! lol
  • DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I suggest have some more drinks and order P90X. :) I noticed a big diff in my arms after doing this program. It's a little pricey but worth it.

Love this! :P
  • SilkyHotspur
    SilkyHotspur Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    lift heavy! You won't get the "bodybuilder" look if your not taking testosterone! :flowerforyou:

Why are women afraid of big weights?....if you can pickup a weight and throw it at your significant other...probably too light to get a good workout with. You won't bulk up unless you take serious supplements....you're just not built for it.
  • Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Press, squats, lunges, and deadlifts for arms? I don't think so Tim.

Rookies!
  • thirtytwopostcards
    Options
    lift heavy! You won't get the "bodybuilder" look if your not taking testosterone! :flowerforyou:

Why are women afraid of big weights?....if you can pickup a weight and throw it at your significant other...probably too light to get a good workout with. You won't bulk up unless you take serious supplements....you're just not built for it.

I think it's just because if you're like me and don't know much about fitness, you only tend to think of weights as being more of a masculine thing. Obviously this is wrong though.

Haha, no significant other to throw it at but I've got an ex I wouldn't mind throwing a few things at! ;)
  • kingvan
    kingvan Posts: 9
    Options
    I'm pretty much a novice to the whole 'work out' world. I LOVE P90X because of how much I've learned from it, and the workouts are GREAT. You don't have to have prior 'work out knowledge', for lack of a better term. Follow the calendar, watch the the variations and find what works for you. Everything is explained in there. The program is about $120 and then you need to get dumb bells and a pull up bar or some resistance bands.

Would be something that you could easily split with a friend or you might be able to find it online, if you know where to look.
  • palmerig88
    palmerig88 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I go as heavy as I can and do one muscle group each workout. One day would be tricep or shoulder or biceps for example. I choose 3 different types of exercise focus on that muscle and do either 5 sets of 10 if its both arms at the same time or if its one arm at a time 5 sets of 10 for each arm. So a shoulder workout for example totals 250 reps because I only use the overhead press 2 arms at a time. The other exercise like cables or dumbbells I am doing one arm at a time. I have a pic of my arm in profile.
  • Loko_Ino
    Loko_Ino Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Wide curls..on the squat rack work best for me.. =)
    Gives you nice long bicep head
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I've been boxing/kickboxing for 5 years... If you're going to do the boxing thing, it's pretty important to actually be hitting something otherwise it's just cardio
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Strength training and swimming worked for me
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    I'm so proud of all of my MFPeeps who have responded in this thread!

*wipes tear*

Press, squats, lunges, and deadlifts for arms? I don't think so Tim.

This post is the only complete fail I've seen. First, you neglected to include the rows he mentioned. Rows and presses ALONE will give you wicked arms. The other exercises he mentioned invariably require tension in your arms as well (not full contraction and extension of course)...with HEAVY weight.

Yeah...definitely fail.

7434194_7704.jpg

I'd never done a curl in my life when that picture was taken...and while my bodyfat is a bit high there (18% or so), you can see there's plenty of muscle underneath.

Oh and ladies? If you didn't notice, I'm a man. Your arms will NEVER look like that, barring some serious testosterone supplementation =p.
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    I've still got fat on my arms, but I lift weights. It seems to be helping, even if I don't have the best bicep ever, it's still there in the pic :D
  • solarpower03
    solarpower03 Posts: 12,161 Member
    Options
    Want to build Nice Arms...Lift!

Not just Bicep Curls...which really you don't HAVE to do...

Bench, Pull-Ups, Overheard Press, Squats, Lunges, Deadlifts, Row

Do those basic Complex lifts and you will have nice arms in no time

This^^^
  • countdowntotarget
    countdowntotarget Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    bump - so need this :)
  • skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    arm.jpg

try rowing about 2000m on arm days, and see where that takes ya ;)

also, LIFT. THOSE. MOTHERF*$#^@. WEIGHTS. :bigsmile:
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    arm.jpg

:heart:
  • Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    arm.jpg

WOW!:love:
  • amnski
    amnski Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Pick up heavy things, put them back down :) YEA!

Hahahaha!!! And yes, I concur...LIFT heavy :) **In Arnold's voice** I pick things up and put them down :laugh:
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    Just wondering what you ladies (and men) do to get nicely toned arms. I am almost at the point where I have lost enough weight now, and really want to start focusing on toning up and getting stronger. I don't want to go for the body builder look, but something nice and toned like in the picture below.

264023596875023136_GeFc8HqY_f.jpg

At the moment I do boxing on the wii fit and don't laugh at me to much, but after a drink and access to amazon one night I ordered a shake weight haha. I should not be allowed near a computed when intoxicated. So I've been using that but I can only do so much with it. I will be starting to use dumbells soon, just wanted to know how to use them in the most effective way.

Just eat at a maintenance level and just keep working towards but re-composition. Some of the best things you can do for arms are not necessarily arm exercises.

Chest: Rotate between a wide grip and close grip Bench Press (thumbs outside the smooth part)
    Tri's: Dips, Decline Dumbell Extensions, Flat Ez Bar Extensions or Cable Ez Bar Extensions or Rope Extensions

Back: Any form of rowing really gets the biceps going and chin-ups are very good for bicep work.
    Bi's: Preacher curls, hammer curls
  • thirtytwopostcards
    Options
    arm.jpg

Oh, amazing! Well if that is what you do then I am definitely going to give it a go.