Would you get a massage from...

Options
WickedGarden
WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
a male?

Why or why not?

I ask because I go to massage once a month. I go to a chiropractor's office (was in a car accident) and they asked me if I would object to a male massage therapist. I said no, and was a bit excited since I have never gotten massage by a guy, they are better at deep tissue massage.

The receptionist said he quit so I was bummed, but also said that many of the other clients were really against a male therapist. I thought about it, a massage there is for 'medical purposes' just like a doctor's visit. I've seen a few women on here say they have no issues with a male gyno, so I'm just wondering why the apprehension?

Replies

• Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    I find it strange that they would ask and even more strange that women wouldn't want one from a man. Maybe jealous husbands?
  • GeneveSparkles
    GeneveSparkles Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I've had both. I don't really have a preference as long as they have strong hands and can give it to me deep.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    The place I go to alternates massage therapists, so sometimes I get a male. At first it was awkward to me, then I thought "Eff this, my back is no different than any other back."
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Depends...Happy Ending or not?

If so, always a woman....OK, for me, always a woman.
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I've had both. I don't really have a preference as long as they have strong hands and can give it to me deep.

that's why I was bummed, I really wanted it deep today...:grumble:
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I'm glad my wife wasn't afraid to get a massage from a man. That's how I met her 23 years ago.
  • lickmybaconcakes
    lickmybaconcakes Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Yes, unless I needed a massage around the thigh upper leg area...
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    I work in healthcare so I can tell you we get a variety of reasons and then the flat-out 'only women please'.

Its preference really, and then you have cases where a female patient may have a previous history of being in a domestic-violent situation and would rather have female practitioners. You may have rape victims who come hell or high water, they only want female practitioners.

Then you have cases where female patients had an absolute HORRIBLE experience dealing with a male doctor and that just drew the line for them...

For me? I have a male PCP. Ive known him since I was 15 years old. He knows both my sisters and my mother. He was a regular customer of my mother's when she used to wait tables.... Unfortunately for personal reasons (and rightfully so), he stated that because he knew us outside just as much as inside the office, it was best that he not do any physicals or paps. And I respect him for that.

My paps, I personally prefer a woman - Im much more comfortable knowing that a female is going to be more understanding that we are there in our all naked glory of having a very important, albeit uncomfortable examination and are more understanding if you are emotional...

My Endocrinologist MUST BE FEMALE - OH HELL, I fired the male Endo I had last year. Told him where he could go if he continued to call me a "statistic" and the fact he always had to look at his computer to see what my name was.... OHHHHHH that angered me... he couldnt care less to actually engage in my care to at least remember my first name... SCREW YOU! But my female Endo! Ohhhh she is a doll!!!!! Straight from India, studied in five countries, and actually talks to you like an equal.... now THATS my kind of doctor.

Im incapable of getting pregnant or having children anymore, but if I could, I would go with female. My OBGYN for my first daughter was a total jerk. Was very unpleasant to work with and I got tired of the scapegoats he threw at me (I was 18, pregnant, and a high risk pregnant woman bedridden for almost the entire pregnancy)... Later, after I graduated from med school, I learned that he never did a glucose test on me.... ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im meeting with a female Podiatrist that came highly recommended where I work. I actually do her billing for her. Alot of people love her and thats the kind of feedback I like to hear. So that to me, is important.

My Dermatologist came highly recommended by many fellow patients. A gentleman from Canada who has a practice locally, his wife is also a Dermatologist - and I just love him... Absolutely love him. He is good to me, good to my 19 yr old daughter, and I threaten his wife that Im going to clone him and take him home... His wife simply replies with "why bother cloning him, just take him - it will give me a break!" LOL!!!!!!
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    With the right massage oil and my eyes closed, all hands feel the same on Parrot Jr.
  • _Christine_
    _Christine_ Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    ... as long as they have strong hands and can give it to me deep.

I'm sorry... I should go now. :wink:
  • dinovino_59
    dinovino_59 Posts: 1,700
    Options
    no...tried it once and he tried to give me a happy beginning!
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I have never had a massage, but I am not nearly as comfortable with women as I am with men.

I think I would definitely prefer to get a massage from a man. Plus, bigger hands.
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    DaughterOfTheMostHighKing Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    if he has strong,warm, and muscled hands, arms, and a good solid core, yes. I need a massage that makes me feel every muscle and the person massaging me has to be strong enough and massive enough to really penetrate my muscles. I've had massages by little petite people with bony fingers that hurt and bruise rather than massage and break up the knots. :P they also need to be taller than the table... I don't want someone straddling me. :P
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter. They are professionals (unless you're at THAT kind of massage place).
  • Sugar_Junkie
    Sugar_Junkie Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I would not mind it as long as he knew what he was doing. And there was no tv in site because they are easily distracted
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Absolutely...

But if I were in a relationship... maybe not... I have a tendency to crush hard on men who make me feel good. :embarassed:
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    if its a physical therapy massage i don't care...but if its just a relaxing massage i'd want a woman.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Yes, unless I needed a massage around the thigh upper leg area...

I can help with this. :bigsmile:
  • QueenCat25
    QueenCat25 Posts: 130
    Options
    I can't have a man touch me that way. I get turned on too easily. :blushing:
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    I've had both, typically prefer a male masseuse actually. But I had no problem with a male ob/gyn, either. They both see naked bodies all day long, I doubt mine was anything noteworthy :tongue: