Tatoo free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options
I do not have a tatoo. I have no desire for one. I will never get one.I think some tatoos are true art work. I have nothing AGAINST tatoos or the desire for them (need to say this just in case the tatood people get up in arms).

I guess I just think that the human body is beautiful just as it is. A photographer friend of mine once said "a beautiful woman is her own accessory...clothing and jewellry should complement her..but not take focus from her". When I see a woman with a tatoo I'm more inclined to notice her ink first (maybee that's what she wants??? dunno). I guess I want people to notice ME..not my adornments.

Replies

• newfette81
    newfette81 Posts: 185
    Options
    I always liked the statement that you wouldn't put a bumper sticker on a Bently and tattoos are the same idea..

That being said I do want one small tattoo on my wrist. Its the first line of the Desiderata. Its a poem my mom gave me when I first moved out on my own and its very much how i try to live my life. everyone should check it out :o)

So she told me when I reach my goal weight she will pay for it.

It will say "Go placidly amidst the noise and haste" in her handwriting. :o)
  • ndnmomma
    ndnmomma Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I have one got it at 31, and if you would of asked me to get one, up until I actually did, I would have said your crazy. When I lost most of my weight I wanted to do something I never would have done...that was it. Make no mistake I didn't do it on a whim, and it was thought out. I placed it in a place I could cover it up when appropriate and also where I can show it. It has meaning to me, and it's something I can live with. Just learned in life never say never, but I get what you mean. Its not for everyone and that's just fine :)
  • GambinoGirl
    GambinoGirl Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Ehhhh....
  • curvykim78
    curvykim78 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Good thing you don't want one....because if you asked for a 'tatoo' they might not know what you're talking about. It's TATTOO. :) Yeah, I have 2 and love them!
  • CosmicBella
    CosmicBella Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    For the record...it is spelled "tattoo."
  • still_crafty
    still_crafty Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    First, lets get the spelling right . . . its TATTOO
    second . . . nobody out there is getting a tattoo because they are worried about what YOU will think of them
    third . . .tattoos MEAN SOMETHING to those who choose to get them
    fourth . . . tattoos (done well) on either sex are hot and no one will ever convince me otherwise
  • VeganPanda
    VeganPanda Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I don't have any TATTOOS either, but I'm not sure about the point of this topic.

Haha.
  • MLgarcia3
    MLgarcia3 Posts: 503
    Options
    second . . . nobody out there is getting a tattoo because they are worried about what YOU will think of them
    fourth . . . tattoos (done well) on either sex are hot and no one will ever convince me otherwise

:heart: :heart: :heart:
  • melissa_leah
    melissa_leah Posts: 107
    Options
    Don't get one then
  • BelleHeart
    BelleHeart Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Me toooooo!! I think the exact same thing. Everyone is made differently and people are already original.
  • SammyKatt
    SammyKatt Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    And what's the point of your post???

Oh nothing... Well thats nice.
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Love tattoo's. I'll be getting a new one in July, can't wait.
  • cardiokitten
    cardiokitten Posts: 401 Member
    Options

this, this, this.
  • brookepenni
    brookepenni Posts: 787 Member
    Options

:flowerforyou:
  • ceannesjourney
    Options
    I am 47 and have multiple tattoos. I love them and plan on getting more. I don't judge those who don't have tattoos because I think it's personal choice. People either like them or don't. I don't understand why a forum topic needs to be related or this...but that's just my 2 cents worth.
  • missashley884
    missashley884 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    no one cares about your opinion
  • takehimaway
    takehimaway Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I have two to honor a very special person in my life; a small one on my nape, and a large one on my leg, and I don't care whether you like it or not. Thanks for your input though. They're not about or for you.
  • hipsgalore
    hipsgalore Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a Vent- which I like! I have zero, don't really see the point, the human body is beautiful as it is, needs nothing, ladies should stay classy. it's a fad, so much more but I'm quitting now. all of this is my opinion only. my age- 38
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    um..good for you..thanks for sharing? :indifferent:
  • Bettsy_A
    Bettsy_A Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    What's that good ol' saying? The only difference between tattooed and non-tattooed people is that tattooed
    people don't mind if you're not tattooed.
This discussion has been closed.