Tatoo free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options

Replies

• iKapuniai
    iKapuniai Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    To each their own. I understand your point of view and what you're saying.
    Personally, for me, my tattoos aren't for show. Most of my tattoos are almost always hidden because I got them for me, not for anyone else. If others enjoy it, that's great, if not, I don't care because I didn't get it for anyone else but me. Same goes for my scarification. Not for show, but the experience and scar to show for it was for me and me only. Not everyone enjoys that one, but WTF cares? It's what *I* wanted.
    I would assume the same would go for piercings. I'm not a piercing type of girl - don't even have my ears pierced (anymore).
    I think a person is beautiful because they're beautiful. Whether your canvass is blank or insanely colorful, it's beautiful because the PERSON makes it beautiful.

Just my 2 cents. Again, to each their own.

Love and Alohas,
    Ihilani Kapuniai
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options

Maybe its different with girls than it is with guys, most of the guys I know with tattoos just got them to show off and look "cool"

Seriously? Hmmm most of the guys I know got them because they have meaning, I know a few who in the moment of a drunken stupor got one and it may have seemed cool, but ya know that story.
    Mine was to remember my mother and the line of women she came from. Cool has nothing to do with it, it's my personal memory that is mine for as long as it is attached to me. It's also where it can be seen when I want and covered when I don't want it sen.
    Think about it, we strayed away from body adornment as we became more civilized, I believe the increased interest in them lately is to reconnect with our distant rites of passage and mark milestones and memories. Not necessarily a bad thing IMHO.
  • Drenched_N_Motivation
    Drenched_N_Motivation Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Personally, for me, my tattoos aren't for show. Most of my tattoos are almost always hidden because I got them for me, not for anyone else. If others enjoy it, that's great, if not, I don't care because I didn't get it for anyone else but me.

This ^^^^
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    I have several tattoos. I have a burning desire for more. I would never not get one. I think some tattoos are true works of art. I have nothing AGAINST people who aren't tattooed or their dislike for them (need to say this for when the non-tattooed people get up in arms).

I guess I just think that the human body is a blank canvas. An author friend of mine once said "heavily tattooed women can be said to control and subvert the ever-present 'male gaze' by forcing men (and women) to look at their bodies in a manner that exerts control". When I see a woman with a tattoo I am more inclined to notice her ink first (maybe that's what she wants??? dunno). I guess I want people that have tattoos, that is what I like. Notice ME... and my adornments.
  • NYChick84
    NYChick84 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    03-cool-story-bro.jpg

LMFAOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I GIVE YOU A STANDING OVATION!!!!!!!!!! ::CLAPS HANDS!!!:::
  • SoxxEBeotch
    SoxxEBeotch Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU!!!
  • StaceyL76
    StaceyL76 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I always liked the statement that you wouldn't put a bumper sticker on a Bently and tattoos are the same idea..

That being said I do want one small tattoo on my wrist. Its the first line of the Desiderata. Its a poem my mom gave me when I first moved out on my own and its very much how i try to live my life. everyone should check it out :o)

So she told me when I reach my goal weight she will pay for it.

It will say "Go placidly amidst the noise and haste" in her handwriting. :o)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/316096-desiderata-a-very-cool-poem?hl=Desiderata#posts-7634545

Love that poem!
  • bhayes82
    bhayes82 Posts: 37
    Options
    I'm going to get a tattoo that says "I hate people who can't spell".

On my lower back.

With some tribal crap around it.

And maybe some random Chinese characters.
  • Tender78
    Tender78 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    What's that good ol' saying? The only difference between tattooed and non-tattooed people is that tattooed
    people don't mind if you're not tattooed.

Well said!
  • Tender78
    Tender78 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm going to get a tattoo that says "I hate people who can't spell".

On my lower back.

With some tribal crap around it.

And maybe some random Chinese characters.

Hahahaha, you're my hero!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I do not have a tatoo. I have no desire for one. I will never get one.I think some tatoos are true art work. I have nothing AGAINST tatoos or the desire for them (need to say this just in case the tatood people get up in arms).

I guess I just think that the human body is beautiful just as it is. A photographer friend of mine once said "a beautiful woman is her own accessory...clothing and jewellry should complement her..but not take focus from her". When I see a woman with a tatoo I'm more inclined to notice her ink first (maybee that's what she wants??? dunno). I guess I want people to notice ME..not my adornments.

Too late, the tattooed people got up in arms. :ohwell: I don't have any tattoos either and I'm 58 years old. I never plan on getting any and like you, I think people look better without tattoos, but that's just my opinion.

Just for the record, I'm not being judgemental. I just have a different opinion from a lot of other people, but that's ok. I'm not hatin'. :flowerforyou:
  • MacSkillz
    MacSkillz Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I do not have a tatoo. I have no desire for one. I will never get one.I think some tatoos are true art work. I have nothing AGAINST tatoos or the desire for them (need to say this just in case the tatood people get up in arms).

I guess I just think that the human body is beautiful just as it is. A photographer friend of mine once said "a beautiful woman is her own accessory...clothing and jewellry should complement her..but not take focus from her". When I see a woman with a tatoo I'm more inclined to notice her ink first (maybee that's what she wants??? dunno). I guess I want people to notice ME..not my adornments.

Too late, the tattooed people got up in arms. :ohwell: I don't have any tattoos either and I'm 58 years old. I never plan on getting any and like you, I think people look better without tattoos, but that's just my opinion.

Just for the record, I'm not being judgemental. I just have a different opinion from a lot of other people, but that's ok. I'm not hatin'. :flowerforyou:

The reason this "tattooed person" got "up in arms" about it because the entire post is extremely derogatory and I don't appreciate it.

The biggest issue with it is that fact that you are using the word "tattooed" as an adjective. You are labeling "the tattooed people" in a negative way. I don't refer to you as a "non-tattooed person" do I? No. I refer to you as a person, because that's what you are. And guess what? I am a person. I just so happen to a person who has decided to get tattoos. Does that automatically make me an attention seeker, a bad person, or a criminal? Absolutely not. I am a normal person just like you.
    Let me put it this way - Do you enjoy poetry? I do. It's a form of artwork that people use to express themselves. And there are people out there that don't enjoy poetry and that's fine. It's their personal taste. But it's the same with tattoos - a form of artwork that people use to express themselves that not everyone enjoys. And that's fine. Just don't talk about those people in a negative way and don't treat them any differently and you won't have issues like this.

Another issue is that you automatically assumed that "tattooed people" would get upset by your post. You KNEW they would because you were baiting them. You labeled them and made your post derogatory. Wouldn't you get upset if I posted something that was my opinion about your personal choices in a negative way? I think so.
    I'm not saying this to make you change your view on tattoos. You have your opinion and I have mine. I'm just saying it because you obviously have a bad opinion with people who have tattoos. Even though you say that you don't, the way that you worded your post shows that you do. And the way that you stated it is offensive to me and other people who have tattoos.
  • love2cycle
    love2cycle Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I don't like tattoos, and recently I saw a young lady who had posted pictures of herself, after losing weight. She looked so gorgeous, but there were so many tattoos over her whole body, it just looked ugly to me.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    cool.
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Hmmm... I have 2 and it takes absolutely nothing away from me.... but then again I am ME, just saying.
  • TexanThom
    TexanThom Posts: 778
    Options
    WOW...Some of the cool kids got their panties is a wad because someone had the audacity to say something they don't like. Tattoos are nasty....
  • KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    I don't have one, nor do I want one.

You don't put bumper stickers on a Bentley!!!!
  • Rockstar1951
    Options
    @newfette: There goes the Bentley :laugh:
  • LifeOnMars_
    LifeOnMars_ Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Ummm good for you? *pats on head*
  • jsherrill92
    jsherrill92 Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    I just woke up and misread the title. I thought there were free tacos..
This discussion has been closed.