First day on myfitnesspal today! Lesbian friendly?

Options
124»

Replies

• bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Why are people saying she's looking for lesbian friends? She said she's looking for people who are lesbian-friendly. Seriously, if those were the same thing, I would have turned into a gay man by osmosis long ago . . .
  • slowturtle1
    slowturtle1 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I'm finally in the perfect place in my life to tackle my weight issues and make a serious lifestyle change!

I need all the support I can get on my journey to lose 100 lbs!

Please read my profile and if you think we have similar goals and could help each other, please request me!

I'd like to maybe have a small group of no more than 25 friends so that I can really focus on giving you all support, encouragement, motivating messages, etc. Quality, not quantity :)

Thank you for reading :)

Peace&Love,
    SFgrrl99

Welcome to MFP! I'm not lesbian, but it certainly doesn't bother me if you are. To each her own. I did try to check out your profile, but it's set to friends only. Our weight loss goals are different, but I enjoy being supportive and helping others on this journey. If you want to add me, feel free! I wish you all the best either way! There are a lot of really supportive people here and everyone has a story. I know you'll find the support you're looking for and can't wait to see your success story! :flowerforyou:
  • InvincibleJenks
    Options
    Hello there! I am seriously loving this community! I too am committed to eating the right way to live and loose weight and keep it off. I am here for support of anyone in need of guidance... while what works for me may not work for others at least we can share ideas together that can keep us all motivated and in shape!

Looking forward to reading you often!

Kesha
  • Ryathur
    Ryathur Posts: 16
    Options
    Why are people saying she's looking for lesbian friends? She said she's looking for people who are lesbian-friendly. Seriously, if those were the same thing, I would have turned into a gay man by osmosis long ago . . .

Ah shoot, you're right. I apologize for the mistake. I'll try editing my posts to reflect that (if possible).
  • DeeDel32
    DeeDel32 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    The last time I checked, calories are truly neutral equal opportunity offenders.

Ain't that the truth!

Good luck on your journey OP!
  • ShrinkingShawna
    ShrinkingShawna Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I guess you don't want straight friends. :ohwell:
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options

She didn't say that. She asked for lesbian-friendly friends. There are lots of straight folks who aren't lesbian-friendly. She's hoping to avoid those, I would guess.
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    I'm straight, but I've got about 60 pounds left to loose. feel free to add me :flowerforyou:
  • ShrinkingShawna
    ShrinkingShawna Posts: 186 Member
    Options

She didn't say that. She asked for lesbian-friendly friends. There are lots of straight folks who aren't lesbian-friendly. She's hoping to avoid those, I would guess.

I said that because I sent her a request and she didn't accept it. She did now though :happy:
  • rachelrobinson79
    Options
    Heh heh, look at all the trollololols! :-D Anyways, to me one's sexuality isn't important. So, if that's not important to you either, feel free to add me!
  • DeathIsMyGift
    DeathIsMyGift Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Lesbian friendly!?! Really? Why do you automatically assume that people are going to discriminate against you? This is a weight loss and fitness forum,why would anyone even care about your gayness, anyways? Why even mention it?
    You obviously haven't seen the pure hatred towards gays and lesbians that has appeared on this forum. It was a big thing a while back. Very vile things.

^ This.

I'm family but probably won't be much in the way of encouragement...because I'm lazy. But welcome to MFP nonetheless.
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! I hope no one has scared you are in this thread, meant for welcoming. Good luck on your journey :wink:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    calories dont care who you sleep with and neither do I
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    welcome to a friendly support weight loss site......
  • apreciosa
    apreciosa Posts: 3
    Options
    Welcome! I just found this last week and I love it so far. It's been so easy to keep track of! I'm friendly to everyone who is friendly. I think introducing ANY negativity into a positive goal detracts from it. :flowerforyou: