Replies

• taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    print_mvw.jpg
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Because my ovaries will become testes if I do...ballsac and everything...

You're off to a grand restart pretty girl, lol.

I love when I see women lifting heavy. Not only does it give me a 'hell yeah!' moment...but it makes me push harder for the rest of the week...cause I'll be damned if I'll let her catch up =p.

:blushing:
  • shoegal517
    shoegal517 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Because it takes time away from Jazzercise class

I figure guys that make comments like that think women should be doing jazzercise....I'm not sure that's even a real thing anymore
  • Karalopolous
    Karalopolous Posts: 574
    Options
    Actually when I went to put my dumbells down, after doing 4 sets with the "too heavy weights" on the rack the idiot had a curl bar spread across so I sarcastically said, uh could you pick that up because THAT is too heavy for me.....he got the hint

Haha, good! That happened to me once. Two guys asked if I needed help deloading some 25lbs from a squat rack, because "that's probably too heavy for you." I said, "Sure, and could you put the 45's on there also?" I did my sets. I added 10 extra pounds. Don't make assumptions, especially regarding the strength of women.

Good! I think that comment is what made me lift so heavy tonight too! I was steamed up when I walked in and decided that I was NOT gonna let some guy decide what I could and couldn't do
  • nikkiprickett
    nikkiprickett Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    there is NO reason a woman shouldn't lift weight...read New Rules of lifting for Women...men that say things like that are ridiculous, undereducated and morons who probably believe women still just belong in the kitchen and stuff like that.
    our muscles are the same as theirs only ours contain more endurance fibers whereas theirs contain more strength fibers which means you've worked wayyy harder to lift that amount :D
  • Sd0510
    Sd0510 Posts: 295 Member
    Options

LMAO!!

Does that mean if I lift more than 2 pound weights I will look like that in a week!? :ohwell: :huh:
  • nikkiprickett
    nikkiprickett Posts: 412 Member
    Options

This is why we have ninnies on here crying about bulking up after lifting pastel colored dumbells.

love your comment...no one is going to look like this if they aren't going for this..even then it's next to impossible unless your job is the gym and images like these are why women either lift those pastel colored dumbbells like you said or don't lift at all, it's ridiculous,
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options

This is why we have ninnies on here crying about bulking up after lifting pastel colored dumbells.

love your comment...no one is going to look like this if they aren't going for this..even then it's next to impossible unless your job is the gym and images like these are why women either lift those pastel colored dumbbells like you said or don't lift at all, it's ridiculous,

Oh c'mon, I can totally get that look after one round of 30DS; I just know I have to keep doing it to maintain the muscle Jillian's helping me build!
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Oh c'mon, I can totally get that look after one round of 30DS; I just know I have to keep doing it to maintain the muscle Jillian's helping me build!

:heart:
  • mamamudbug
    mamamudbug Posts: 572 Member
    Options

Yep, once a week...
  • maddmaddie
    maddmaddie Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Because if women lift weights we would be more physically independent and heaven forbid we make a dude feel less "manly" or incompetent or equal to a woman.

Its one thing to offer help to be nice, but to judge you for the amount of weights you're lifting was rude. If the guy is lifting the same amount of weight you are, perhaps he needs to step up his game to make himself feel more "manly" in the gym.

This is why I like working out in the EARLY mornings (5am). The people in the mornings are there minding their own business and just there to workout. Their not there to judge or show off, I mean really...who gives a crap! People go to a gym for the same reasons, to get in better shape. Stop looking at what others are doing and focus on your own workout.
  • k2quiere
    Options
    I mean really...who gives a crap! People go to a gym for the same reasons, to get in better shape. Stop looking at what others are doing and focus on your own workout.

You madd??
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    big muscles on women means they can carry bigger sammiches AND a pitcher! :)

But seriously, there is nothing worse than a bunch of women taking over the free weights and just leaving uterus' laying around.
    Like we want to see that!
  • k2quiere
    Options

But seriously, there is nothing worse than a bunch of women taking over the free weights and just leaving uterus' laying around.

I'm sorry, did I forget to pick mine up before I left?
  • Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    Options

OMG thanks, I couldn't work out where I left it :drinker:
  • LiviLou2011
    LiviLou2011 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    Lol at this thread!

What a douche that guy is. I think its freakin sexy when girls lift!

I dont have to feel insecure about it as there wouldnt be that many women lifting the same as me, but I am jealous of the some of their perfect form.. and their lifting form. Squats I suck at, I get jealous when I see girls just smashing em out with their awesome hip mobility haha!
  • downsizinghoss
    Options
    actually, the increase in strong women has caused consternation among the highschool coaches of the world.

If there is a lady squatting a volkswagen at one end of the gym, the coach can't rightly accuse you of lifting like a little girly man, now can he?

You females are jeopardizing an gal-darned 'Merican institution! aint right
  • mamamudbug
    mamamudbug Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    actually, the increase in strong women has caused consternation among the highschool coaches of the world.

If there is a lady squatting a volkswagen at one end of the gym, the coach can't rightly accuse you of lifting like a little girly man, now can he?

Jeopardy? I'll take Women Lifting Heavy for $1000, Alex.
  • downsizinghoss
    Options

Jeopardy? I'll take Women Lifting Heavy for $1000, Alex.

Damn. It is cheaper downtown.