Why women shouldn't lift weights

Options

Replies

• PANZERIA
    PANZERIA Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    actually, the increase in strong women has caused consternation among the highschool coaches of the world.

If there is a lady squatting a volkswagen at one end of the gym, the coach can't rightly accuse you of lifting like a little girly man, now can he?

You females are jeopardizing an gal-darned 'Merican institution! aint right

I think I love you, lol.

Also, LOVE THIS THREAD!!!! <3<3<3 So many of my friends are worrying about bulking up after lifting 2lb weights once a week for a month. Ugh, it's sad, lol.
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    God forbid I open my own pickle jar.

Still can't. A guy came up to me and said "are you training for something? You lift heavy as ****!" made my week, however that is another problem, when women lift heavy, we confuse the bystanders into thinking we must be training for an event... Not just to be strong and fit.
  • _Refried_
    _Refried_ Posts: 194
    Options
    I see the ladies in there pumping some damn good weight, lots of the other guys DO get intimidated for sure as they walk off. But I find it hot as hell when she has good forn, knows what she is doing, and has a thick set of legs! Love it i posted the fcked up pics as a joke but really enjoy seeing lifting women
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    lol at my boxing academy one of the assistant coaches COMPLIMENTS us by saying "You hit like a girl" while pointing at this skinny little girl. Reason? That girl have taken out guys twice her size because she hits so freaking hard. You would never in a million years imagine she can hit that hard
  • mamamudbug
    mamamudbug Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I see the ladies in there pumping some damn good weight, lots of the other guys DO get intimidated for sure as they walk off. But I find it hot as hell when she has good forn, knows what she is doing, and has a thick set of legs! Love it i posted the fcked up pics as a joke but really enjoy seeing lifting women

I figured they were. But so many women here get that initial "swole" and think that they are going to end up like the ladies in the pics. Nikki's right, they don't look like that on accident...

Damn. It is cheaper downtown.

That would get you heavy itchin' not heavy liftin'
  • oOTaraOo
    oOTaraOo Posts: 29
    Options
    I got mad before as there is a thread called Nice Arms (under Fitness and Exercise) where there has been at least 2 guys comment that it is near impossible for a female to get biceps like this without taking steriods....

264023596875023136_GeFc8HqY_f.jpg

I recommend any of you ladies who have biceps like this or bigger please go and post them to prove them wrong :P
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    actually, the increase in strong women has caused consternation among the highschool coaches of the world.

If there is a lady squatting a volkswagen at one end of the gym, the coach can't rightly accuse you of lifting like a little girly man, now can he?

You females are jeopardizing an gal-darned 'Merican institution! aint right

I was thinking the coaches might be afraid the cheerleaders are going to take over the weightroom as their role models get stronger!
  • k2quiere
    Options
    Double post :grumble:
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    big muscles on women means they can carry bigger sammiches AND a pitcher! :)

I wasn't going to comment in this thread because I hate having things like this in My Topics, but THIS made me literally laugh out loud. That's awesome.
  • callikia
    callikia Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I had a guy ask to work in with me once...and then he saw what I had loaded and asked if we could unload some because he was "in recovery" from an injury. I love that he needed an excuse. It's okay to just say, "B!tch, you amazing! I can't lift that much!" and move on. ;)
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Women should not lift weight because when I lift I moan and I grunt. It must be annoying for men because at my gym the leave really fast with their towel in front of them.

Not sure why?

:devil:
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Alas, I must tell my tale of woe. There is a reason women shouldn't lift and I'm afraid it's too late for me. Take heed. Learn from my mistakes.

I stumbled into the group class at my small gym (stumbled aka being nosy aka wanted to stir things up a bit - WHATEVER you'd like to call it). All women. Bright festive coordinated clothes and at least one long flowing "gym skirt" . Music, 2 lb. hand weights, 5 lb barbells, steps, balls. Evidently that is perpetually the T & T class. They like T & T they told me. Tighten and Tone. I suggested perhaps going with me - lifting some real weights. Most of them had been in there jumping around for the entire year I've been there and haven't really seen much change. Yes, I told them this - perhaps a little nicer - but ok - NOT REALLY. And, I may have been a little hyper and loudish in my enthusiasm to get them OUT OF THAT ROOM.

Anyhoo. They told me that they do indeed LIFT WEIGHTS and that they have no desire to do MAN STUFF in the back of the gym like I do. Wasn't lady-like. I'm sad. I'm banned. Banned from and I quote " the ladies T & T class".

So.. SAVE YOURSELVES. Quit doing MAN STUFF. Get yourselves a gym skirt and hit the nearest T & T class. You won't do any toning or tigtening as far I can tell - but who needs that ? You will look FAB in your gym skirt that you wear over your sweats - AWESOME. Just awesome : )
  • k2quiere
    Options
    I'm sad. I'm banned. Banned from and I quote " the ladies T & T class".

I'm sorry...women are so catty sometimes!
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    You’ll be able to lift heavy things without asking a man for help, thus upsetting the balance of the universe.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    What a ****nut/
  • TheWinman
    TheWinman Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Actually when I went to put my dumbells down, after doing 4 sets with the "too heavy weights" on the rack the idiot had a curl bar spread across so I sarcastically said, uh could you pick that up because THAT is too heavy for me.....he got the hint

Haha, good! That happened to me once. Two guys asked if I needed help deloading some 25lbs from a squat rack, because "that's probably too heavy for you." I said, "Sure, and could you put the 45's on there also?" I did my sets. I added 10 extra pounds. Don't make assumptions, especially regarding the strength of women.

Boy, doesn't it piss you off when they hold doors too? like you can't open a door. Pffft.

Yeah, that is why guys hold open doors for females! lol
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I'm sad. I'm banned. Banned from and I quote " the ladies T & T class".

I'm sorry...women are so catty sometimes!

T& T?? OMG :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Alas, I must tell my tale of woe. There is a reason women shouldn't lift and I'm afraid it's too late for me. Take heed. Learn from my mistakes.

I stumbled into the group class at my small gym (stumbled aka being nosy aka wanted to stir things up a bit - WHATEVER you'd like to call it). All women. Bright festive coordinated clothes and at least one long flowing "gym skirt" . Music, 2 lb. hand weights, 5 lb barbells, steps, balls. Evidently that is perpetually the T & T class. They like T & T they told me. Tighten and Tone. I suggested perhaps going with me - lifting some real weights. Most of them had been in there jumping around for the entire year I've been there and haven't really seen much change. Yes, I told them this - perhaps a little nicer - but ok - NOT REALLY. And, I may have been a little hyper and loudish in my enthusiasm to get them OUT OF THAT ROOM.

Anyhoo. They told me that they do indeed LIFT WEIGHTS and that they have no desire to do MAN STUFF in the back of the gym like I do. Wasn't lady-like. I'm sad. I'm banned. Banned from and I quote " the ladies T & T class".

So.. SAVE YOURSELVES. Quit doing MAN STUFF. Get yourselves a gym skirt and hit the nearest T & T class. You won't do any toning or tigtening as far I can tell - but who needs that ? You will look FAB in your gym skirt that you wear over your sweats - AWESOME. Just awesome : )

Such a sad sad story.... on the brighter side less competition in the big boy part of the gym
  • boldtsmith
    boldtsmith Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Because the only thing the male of the species has left to contribute to society is a small physical genetic advantage. All men should be nervous for the day that women figure out that the best thing to do with us is to emulate the black widow spider; eat us after we fertilize their eggs as a nutritious meal for the developing offspring :sick:
  • Erica27511
    Erica27511 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    What-I-Really-Do-Women-Who-Lift-Weights-490x509.jpg