Why women shouldn't lift weights

Options

Replies

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    So, after last night at the gym being asked "Aren't those weights too heavy for you? Bc that's the weight Im using"

Now, see... I would have taken that as a compliment. :happy:

My husband is proud as hell that I can lift "like a man."
  • FitBunnyEm
    FitBunnyEm Posts: 320
    Options
    so we have (.)(.) this means we shoulnt lift??? hahaha go and a grow a pair LOL
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I need to stop lifting because my feet have been hurting from kicking so much @$$!
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options

This is why we have ninnies on here crying about bulking up after lifting pastel colored dumbells.

love your comment...no one is going to look like this if they aren't going for this..even then it's next to impossible unless your job is the gym and images like these are why women either lift those pastel colored dumbbells like you said or don't lift at all, it's ridiculous,

i'm sorry but that pic is just really scary and I have pastel dumbells but I only bought them cause they're cute and pretty haha Women need to lift and should lift. I live on my own and I quickly found out who was gonna be carrying in ALL the groceries and parcels from the car, not to mention snow shovelling and the like. I love weight lifting. It rocks!!!
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Stop stealing my weights.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    God forbid I start my own lawnmower.
  • SweetSammie
    SweetSammie Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    It's not just weights... I was carrying a 30 lbs bag of dog food, no cart, because it was all I was buying, and 3 different men asked if i needed help.... ummm, no. I could one-arm it to pay and open my trunk, why would I need help?

I'm excited because I start with a personal trainer and I'm learning to lift starting Monday. The Y I'm a member of has a lot of lady lifters, because the lady PTs lift....
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Women should not lift weight because when I lift I moan and I grunt. It must be annoying for men because at my gym the leave really fast with their towel in front of them.

Not sure why?

:devil:

^^ This. There have been plenty of times I've wanted to make some noise but decided I better not. Oh and I've nipped in front of the mirror before while doing lateral raises. I'm sure the guys loved that. LMAO!!
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options

6288349802_95102dca2e.jpg

I hope that isn't a real picture of her arms or is really a guy in drag ...
    That's real. What exactly is the problem?
  • Liasings
    Liasings Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Alas, I must tell my tale of woe. There is a reason women shouldn't lift and I'm afraid it's too late for me. Take heed. Learn from my mistakes.

I stumbled into the group class at my small gym (stumbled aka being nosy aka wanted to stir things up a bit - WHATEVER you'd like to call it). All women. Bright festive coordinated clothes and at least one long flowing "gym skirt" . Music, 2 lb. hand weights, 5 lb barbells, steps, balls. Evidently that is perpetually the T & T class. They like T & T they told me. Tighten and Tone. I suggested perhaps going with me - lifting some real weights. Most of them had been in there jumping around for the entire year I've been there and haven't really seen much change. Yes, I told them this - perhaps a little nicer - but ok - NOT REALLY. And, I may have been a little hyper and loudish in my enthusiasm to get them OUT OF THAT ROOM.

Anyhoo. They told me that they do indeed LIFT WEIGHTS and that they have no desire to do MAN STUFF in the back of the gym like I do. Wasn't lady-like. I'm sad. I'm banned. Banned from and I quote " the ladies T & T class".

So.. SAVE YOURSELVES. Quit doing MAN STUFF. Get yourselves a gym skirt and hit the nearest T & T class. You won't do any toning or tigtening as far I can tell - but who needs that ? You will look FAB in your gym skirt that you wear over your sweats - AWESOME. Just awesome : )

Such a sad sad story.... on the brighter side less competition in the big boy part of the gym

I'm sorry. What in the name of Sarah Connor is a gym skirt?!? :noway:

I have a BodySolid gym. I have free weights. They are not pink. I use them. I am starting out, but I am increasing the weight. I like muscles. I will be stronger than my couch potato husband. I will be able to haul 30+ pound bags of dog food and take care of myself. And yes, I CAN carry a sammich and a pitcher at the same time! :drinker:
  • Hmrjmr1
    Hmrjmr1 Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Ladies - I can't think of a single reason why you shouldn't, personally I think a woman who can lift and sweat and grunt and push, is a beautiful thing, I do have to comment that some of us open doors for ladies as a measure of respect. Even when my late wife drove the car I would step around and unlock and open the door for her. She certainly could have done it for herself, as she was as physically fit as any I've seen here, guess it goes along with helping over a mud puddle and all the rest that us older guys still do. Just keep in mind all of us know you can, just figure its a way to do a kindness for a stranger.
  • amymarie8709
    amymarie8709 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    So, after last night at the gym being asked "Aren't those weights too heavy for you? Bc that's the weight Im using" It's quite obvious I shouldn't be lifting nor should any women.
    Apparently, lifting weights makes some men feel insecure, and therefor I shouldn't do it. So I ask you, what are some other reasons women shouldn't lift?

Hope you drop kicked that d-bag?

Actually when I went to put my dumbells down, after doing 4 sets with the "too heavy weights" on the rack the idiot had a curl bar spread across so I sarcastically said, uh could you pick that up because THAT is too heavy for me.....he got the hint

lmao!!! love it!!!
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    The only reason I can thing of is how embarrassing it is when you're at the gym lifting and you have a few friends there and you're bragging about how awesome you are and all the "hard work" lifting to get to where you can lift so much.

and then it happens.....

some big guy walks up and asked if your done with those, you smile and say yeah man knock yourself out. then he says thanks and hands them to his petite wife and she laughs not knowing that he just got them from the "tough guy" next to them and says wtf I know I'm a girl.... stop making fun of me and get some real weights BOB!

on an unrelated note...

i-asked-100-women-which-shampoo-they-preferred.jpg
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options

6288349802_95102dca2e.jpg

I hope that isn't a real picture of her arms or is really a guy in drag ...
    That's real. What exactly is the problem?

The real problem is I just found a wrestling partner but have no way to contact her.
  • amymarie8709
    Options

This is why we have ninnies on here crying about bulking up after lifting pastel colored dumbells.

lol
  • DarlingThief
    DarlingThief Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    This has quickly become my new favorite thread!
  • bikechic61
    bikechic61 Posts: 39
    Options
    Uhh, so that the docs will still have osteoporosis patients to treat?
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Us delicate little flowers shouldn't be lifting anything other than our wine glasses, obviously.

But seriously, it makes my day every single time when some dude has to ask me if I'm done with whatever weight I'm using. The other day some teenage football player kid (all the kids from my old high school go to my gym) was staring at the pre-weighted barbells forever before turning and just staring at me and said "Wait...are YOU using that one??? Umm I guess let me know when you're done..." as he sheepishly walked away.
  • amymarie8709
    Options
    big muscles on women means they can carry bigger sammiches AND a pitcher! :)

But seriously, there is nothing worse than a bunch of women taking over the free weights and just leaving uterus' laying around.
    Like we want to see that!
    This just made my day!!
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    A woman should never ever lifts weights, because then how else is the guy meant to feel like a "real man" when there's all these women lifting more than him!
    He might then have to put in some real effort! :noway: