Runners...what brand shoe do you run in?

Options

Replies

• simmone187
    simmone187 Posts: 12
    Options
    Z-Coil =)
  • labtracks
    labtracks Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I've just started trying to run and don't want to give up on it so I would love to find a pair of shoes that works for me, but I'm not even sure what to look for. Unfortunately I'm in South Korea so I don't think I can find a running store and even if I did they likely wouldn't speak English so I'm kind of on my own. There's all the same brands to choose from, but do I look for something light, with cushion, traction... I have no idea!??? I know it's almost impossible to give advice on this since different things seem to work for different people, but any pointers on what to look for when I'm at the stores would be greatly appreciated!
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Merrill Trail Glove.

Like it better than the previous Vibram Five Fingers.
  • Insanity2bSane
    Insanity2bSane Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I recently switched to Merrel Barefoot Pace glove and they are by far the best running shoes that I have ever owned. I am never going back to another shoe. They are minimialist shoe which I was a little worried about but they do help a lot in correcting your form. Since I have been using them my knees do not hurt anymore which was a constant problem before. I use them for insanity as well and they just feel really light but in a good way. Really recomend them.
  • Insanity2bSane
    Insanity2bSane Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I recently switched to Merrel Barefoot Pace glove and they are by far the best running shoes that I have ever owned. I am never going back to another shoe. They are minimialist shoe which I was a little worried about but they do help a lot in correcting your form. Since I have been using them my knees do not hurt anymore which was a constant problem before. I use them for insanity as well and they just feel really light but in a good way. Really recomend them. I got mine from zappos.com and they have a great retun policy as well as free shipping.
  • annie7hudds
    annie7hudds Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    i have these : http://www.sweatshop.co.uk/details.cfm?ProdID=8656

I did go and get my feet measured/gait analysis - as it is v important to make sure that you aren't compromising your joints etc when doing a lot of running.

My prev pair were Brooks adrenaline - they lasted me almost two years (which is too long folks!) . I bought these a month prior to my Half Marathon as I knew that the old shoes had done their time and weren't as supportive as they should be.

A bonus point is that they are pink :) Oh, and made in the UK - have to support my own country!!
  • Genie30
    Genie30 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I have ASICS as I need a high arch and they seem to be the only ones freely available at a reasonable price in my area. I too have just gone through the 'my favourite model has now been discontinued' bit and I'm not too impressed with the new version as they give me blisters.

I tend to find the high arch support breaks down before the shoe itself so I definately have to buy new trainers every 3-4 months.
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    When I first started a couple of years ago, New Balance's aerie exclusive collection. I generally like NB but they've changed inthe last few years. Last year was Nike LunarGlide and this year is asics' Blur33 - they're like a dream. I didn't think I was going to like them, but they're my fave shoe now!
  • TiaUti
    TiaUti Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Brooks Ariel...on my fourth pair...great support shoe with good cushioning and control.
  • zombiesama
    zombiesama Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I use Brooks, but I don't remember which model :P Guess that means it's time for a new pair!

Edit: They are the Green Silence.
  • ljarnett
    ljarnett Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Aren't Brooks supposed to be really good running shoes as well as the ones mentioned?

I only ever wear Brooks. They are excellent shoes.
  • eliamunch
    eliamunch Posts: 18
    Options
    I have to wear insoles so I take whatever shoe they fit in, beggars can't be choosers and all that... xD lol
  • lbmore33
    lbmore33 Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    I've just started trying to run and don't want to give up on it so I would love to find a pair of shoes that works for me, but I'm not even sure what to look for. Unfortunately I'm in South Korea so I don't think I can find a running store and even if I did they likely wouldn't speak English so I'm kind of on my own. There's all the same brands to choose from, but do I look for something light, with cushion, traction... I have no idea!??? I know it's almost impossible to give advice on this since different things seem to work for different people, but any pointers on what to look for when I'm at the stores would be greatly appreciated!

best case try some on to see what feels right by your feet...I know that may sound lame but we all had to do the same thing when we first started out.
  • piratesaregrand
    piratesaregrand Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I went and got fitted for some running shoes, landed up with new balance 880's they do a wide fitting, so they are perfect for my paddle feet
  • Mabohlale
    Mabohlale Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    My hubby just finished the 89 km Comrades Ultra Marathon in South Africa. He loves his Asics! =)
  • mommajolynn
    mommajolynn Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Just got me a pair of New Balance and I am loving them. Just hope they will last me :-)
  • wattleneurotic
    Options
    I have a pair of New Balance runners but gosh they hurt my feet if I do anything in them that lasts longer than 15 minutes. So I've recently switched to Nike Free 3.0 and they are awesome, like a breath of fresh air...for my feet!
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I run in Saucony Kinvara 2s. They're decently firm, but minimalist, so I work more muscles in my feet and ankles. It took a little while to adjust, but I love them. They're light and great for my knees and come in awesome colors :)

Also if you have wider feet and low-ish arches, Saucony is wonderful. They fit my foot like a glove straight from the box.
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    New Balance Minimus and Nike Air Pegasus (I think).

I liked my previous New Balance but they gave me blisters and I never felt comfortable in Asics. My Nikes were recommended by my local running store and were cheaper were cheaper than the other ones they recommended for me. My only complaint is that I need to get new ones soon because they're so comfortable I want to wear them everywhere.
  • piesbd
    piesbd Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I love the Brooks Glycerin 9. I have been running in Brooks for about 3 years and love them. They gave a wider toe box, which I need from a foot injury.