Burned out on Subway

Options

Replies

• Jude1064
    Jude1064 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Not exactly fast food, but Applebees has several options for 550 cals. You can call ahead and do the drive up. Very good!!!
  • jayjrf
    jayjrf Posts: 25
    Options
    Anywhere you eat will have....

Salt
    Sugar
    Fat

One of those in huge abundance. If you eat small from time to time, shouldn't make that much of a difference. Any health issues should be taken into consideration.
  • aftergypsies
    aftergypsies Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I get stuff from Taco Bell fresco menu. Also occasionally I will get a honey bbq sandwich from kfc and either eat it with bun or without. Then an individual side of mashed potatoes or coleslaw. It's less than 500 cals together.
  • TheGimper
    TheGimper Posts: 6
    Options
    Love El Pollo Loco. Small Chicken Tortilla Soup, Grilled Chicken Salad with light Creamy Cilantro Dressing, Loco Side Salad with same dressing, 1 piece Skinless Chicken Breast Combo. All excellent, lo cal choices.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    wendy's chicken wraps
    bk and mcdo's grilled chicken sandwiches
    snacks from the corner store : sunflower seeds/almonds/cashews + fruit + yogurt
    fish tacos with guac and salsa from a food truck

in general if i have to eat fast food, i look for a food truck because it's easier to make adjustments to your order since they're making it right in front of you
  • jerrbear67
    jerrbear67 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    McDonalds has the Tuscan grilled chicken salad that is excellent, if I absolutely need fast food. I liked it soo much I'm starting to make it at home, only down sized it a bit on the dressing and the cheese to save on calories.
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    i try something local if possible. a mom 'n' pop deli. if i'm going to eat out, i'm gonna do it right.
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    No drive thru's at all where I live, how's that for odd. The city wants to keep smog out of our area. (San Luis Obispo, CA) We don't seem to eat out for lunch, but if we're traveling Subway will do in a pinch. Dinner out has been Applebee's recently. They have quite a few yummy dinners under 550 calories. I really like the Sizzling Asian Shrimp & Broccoli dish if anyone has an Applebee's nearby. We pack our lunch for work and cook dinner at home almost always so eating out hasn't been too much of a challenge.

the monterey peninsula is the same. i think there's a ban on fast food restaurants in pacific grove, save one mcdonald's, and i'm not sure how that got in there.

there are a couple places in monterey, but very few. it was quite refreshing to live that way (when i lived there). there aren't many where i live now, either (providence, ri), at least not where i can see them.
  • NicoleSchimmel
    NicoleSchimmel Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Jimmy Johns has some healthy options. I get the vegetarian with no mayo, add extra avocado. good luck!
  • bluegalcc
    bluegalcc Posts: 9
    Options
    Chick-Filet wrap and salads taste good and are better for you than most fast food.....
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I consider Saladworks fast food. I eat there when I am out.
  • shelbiejo
    shelbiejo Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Papa Murphy!!!!!! They have HUGE salads that are so yummy!!!! I always go there to get them because you can get two meals out of them and they are seriously the best thing ever! I also get salads from local small restaurants.
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Burrito bowls from Chipotle with no cheese or sour cream.
    Eat half for lunch, then save the other half for the next day. Filling, fresh and so delicious.

Awesome idea!!
  • KeKy4
    KeKy4 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Chipotle salads, no vinagrette - high calories, no cheese or sour cream. I get Lettuce, Chicken, Corn, Tomato Salsa, Green Salsa and Guacamole.

Jamba Juice

We have places here that make yogurt, acai bowls, etc. Sometimes they're out there, you just have to look! We found it on Yelp!

I eat where ever I want also, I just check the calories first and make the best option I can!
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Cosi is good, but expensive and slow.
  • kayleesays
    kayleesays Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    BK salads, 1/2 dressing, grilled chicken.

BK/McD's grilled chicken sandwiches, no tomatoes or sauce/mayo.
  • Laurakbg
    Laurakbg Posts: 66
    Options
    I think the baja tacos that are offered at a lot of chains and taco trucks are good because they are just meat, corn tortillas, and pico de gallo most often. No cheese or sour cream to rack up calories, and pretty easy to estimate calories
  • andydeluna
    Options
    How about salads? Mcdonalds, Burger King and Jack in the Box offer some great salads with low calories and they are very fulfilling? That's what i go for when I'm in a hurry and I don't have time to pack lunch for work.
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    Subway has more calories and fat in it then some things I've eaten from Burger King lol. Everywhere just about has a grilled chicken sandwich that is a good option. Just go for non-deep fried items.
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Panera. Or, Boloco only as a salad, not a wrap.