As a kid I did _____ and probably burned 1000 cals a day

Options

Replies

• AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    -Played baseball (the ball was usually crumpled paper wrapped in duct tape lol)
    -Dodgeball, handball, relay races
    -Biking

Now I look around the sidewalks of NYC and most of the time, I don't see many kids. They must be playing with the game systems that they bought with their own money.

Wait. Kids can't afford PS3's.........
  • SavageFeast
    SavageFeast Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Jumped on a mini trampoline while jumping rope
    Did flips on the couch and cartwheels until I got sick

:smile:
  • RAF_Guy
    RAF_Guy Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Leave the house at 9:00am, find some friends, play football, climb trees, make den's in bushes, try to make an archery bow from a branch and a twig, come home and quickly shove lunch down me so I could go back out and play, ride my bike and try to replicate Evil Kneival stunts down the big hill near our house, fall out with one of my friends, come home for dinner, out again as quick as I could, make friends again with aforemention pal, play some more football, hide and seek and killer, back in the house at 8.00pm for a quick bath and off to bed ready for the next day! No wonder I was so skinny as a kid!!!
  • bekah_ann13
    Options
    I never spent any time in front of the television that is for certain. I did just like every other kid who grew up in the 90's and played outside for hours! I climbed trees, rode my bike, skated a bit, ran around playing "tag," I only went inside to get water, go potty, eat and go to sleep.
  • jryan83
    jryan83 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I wasn't crazy active as a child I just ate like a bird. I never really felt hungry. Small portions and mild activity where all I needed as a kid.

Wasn't until 2nd grade and us getting "lunch tickets" we could spend in the cafeteria that I got cookie crazy (huge ones!) that all my problems began.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Cool question. I swam at my grandparents' house...they lived right next door! I am sure I burned THOUSANDS.
  • johnlatv
    johnlatv Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    played stickball -- for hours
    played tennis
    road my bike
  • Amo_Angelus
    Amo_Angelus Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I rode my bike, roller bladed, climbed rock faces with no safety equipment, walked to and from school (If you saw our hills you'd know why that burned so much) and regulary danced, plus I had a paper route at one point which was killer!
  • Gidgetfrombama
    Options
    Swimming, followed by hours of jumping on the trampoline!
  • quie618
    quie618 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Bicycled all over. When I think about the distance I covered then (about 15 miles at a clip)... I wouldn't be able to do that today!
  • Cschwarze45
    Cschwarze45 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Double Dutch at recess! I could jump forever.
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Made forts out of snow.
  • wofford16
    wofford16 Posts: 63
    Options
    rode my bike, everywhere
    jumped rope for hours at a time
    played basketball, kickball, any sport really
    skateboarded
    ran
    didn't watch ANY T.V. it was too boring.

^^^^ This times 2, I was such a Tomboy as a child, everything the boys did I was right by there side. We had to be in the house before the streetlights came on and trust you me you wouldn't find me in front of a T.V. except for early Saturday morning cartoons.....CURSE YOU CARTOON NETWORK!!!! :devil:
  • supermom2002
    supermom2002 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Oh man, I'd love to be able to do all the kid things again...

riding bikes all day
    capture the flag in the woods behind our house
    competitive figure skating--i lived in that arena...4-5 days a week
    swim team
    scaling across those monkey bars in record time
    pull ups on the bars--doing those flippy over things

and it never seemed to hurt when you fell down--unless there was blood. then game over.
  • TattedInStilettos
    TattedInStilettos Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Played hours of hide n seek, tag, freeze tag & swimming...
  • KimAggie04
    KimAggie04 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Swimming all day long and playing outside. We would barely watch tv. There was too much to do and too many animals to chase and play with.
  • rossi02
    rossi02 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Played outside and in the woods all day, every day in the summer. Only came inside to eat lunch then head back outside.
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Sit up contests with my sister (yea NO joke) had a 2 pack
    rode my bike for HOURS
    walked EVERYWHERE
    Softball practice/games (cardio for 2-3 hours 6 days out of the week!)
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Spent nearly every day outside running around, biking, jumping rope, playing tag. The only times I had to be inside was when it was raining. We were all told to go outside....not allowed in the house when it was nice out. We were very creative about making up things to occupy us ( I didnt start to get heavy until the 6th grade when a lot of the running around stopped),

But all we had was the TV. And that was adult territory most of the time except for a couple shows before bed a couple nights a week and Saturday morning cartoons. :)
  • tyrantduck
    tyrantduck Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Walked a mile uphill to school every day, then at least a mile home, if I didn't go to a friend's house first
    Rollerbladed for hours on end
    Ride my bike to the park and ride it down the giant hill, then push the bike back up and do it again
    Jump rope
    Skip-it
    Ride my bike a mile to the city pool in the summer to go swimming, then ride home after

In my teenage years I would spend hours playing DDR either at home or at the arcade