As a kid I did _____ and probably burned 1000 cals a day

Options

Replies

• SweetSammie
    SweetSammie Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Roller skated in my basement. Rode a scooter. Climbed trees. Played tag and kick the can.... picked mulberries and plums.
    We went to the community pool every day and would swim and play Marco Polo for hours and hours.
    Plus riding bikes, skipping, jump rope... all of the usual stuff.
    We didn't have cable, only had one TV and had a PACK of kids that lived on our street... I was almost always outside if the weather was even remotely tolerable.

Oh yeah, playing in sprinklers... I remember trying to skip the ones that shoot around in a circle, and running from the ones that are like a huge fan.
  • specialkyc
    specialkyc Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Played outside all day riding my bike, hiking in the woods, walking the city to see what kind of trouble I could get into. Now that I think about it, I don't know how I was still so big as a child doing all of that activity. :huh: C'est la vie
  • cristileigh
    cristileigh Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Roller Skating!
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    Rode bikes, climbed trees and mountains and built swimming holes, rode horses, did heavy farm work (hoeing, mucking barns, etc.) and generally played outdoors. We didn't have a TV, so my entertainment always revolved around the outdoors or books.

As an adult (pre-children), I played volleyball, went whitewater rafting, did rock-climbing, scuba-diving, cycled 10miles every day (for fun), played softball, was on a bowling league, lived aboard a sailboat for a while, took dance classes and went out dancing frequently, was involved in gymnastics, and played pick-up basketball. For one very long year, I worked two jobs, totalling 20 hours per day. I was never overweight and never dieted.

Then kids, desk jobs, computers and the internet came along. And old age. :sad:
  • rcharlee
    rcharlee Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Skateboarded, road my bike, and walked everywhere
  • Foxypoo61287
    Foxypoo61287 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Played Kickball..... "AIRMAIL!!!!"
    Skip- it
    Man Hunt
    swam
    climbed the oak trees in my back yard
    played soccer for 6 years
    Ride my killer bike that looked like a motorcycle ( 1990's) I was trying to find a picture but don't remember the name.
  • CallieM15
    CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I swam. I swam like a freeking fish.

I ran after my sister so she wouldnt tell on me to mom or dad. She is 3 inches taller then me, I ran FAST as a 6 year old...
  • GinaKurtz
    GinaKurtz Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    .... Played basketball all the time, not just at practice
    .... Danced (majorette)
    .... Swam all summer long (competitively & just for fun)
    .... Rode my bike all over the place

No wonder I could eat whatever I wanted & never gain a thing....& my friends all picked on me (bird legs, skinny minnie) & said I had a hole in my stomach. What I wouldn't give to be called those things today! I'd take bird legs over this any time!
  • m60kaf
    m60kaf Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    ran, footy, two part time physical jobs and no time to eat Bernard Matthews bollock burgers lol

All started to slide when I got a car
  • jedibunny
    jedibunny Posts: 321
    Options
    WOW - someone said Capture the Flag, made me remember Girl Scout camping trips! Chalk that up to major cals burned too... hiking, swimming, etc. and tons of active games.
  • mayerel
    mayerel Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Played outside until the streetlights came on!!

Climbed trees, ran around the park, rode bikes, walked EVERYWHERE!

I also danced and did cheerleading from the time I was little through college!
  • wofford16
    wofford16 Posts: 63
    Options
    In my teenage years I would spend hours playing DDR either at home or at the arcade

Sorry for not knowing but what is DDR?
  • dellrio
    dellrio Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Snowboarded, skateboarded, biked, trampolined... I still do these things and I am 29 years old - getting old does not have to mean forgetting the things you enjoy in life.
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Skip-it haha. Also when I was younger (16-18 ish) I would ddr for 4-13 hours a day. I hope to get back to that lmao.

I am actually thinking about buying something like this. Gotta see if my kid will do it with me...
  • Runningirl7284
    Runningirl7284 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Rode my bike, jumped on trampoline, wrestled boys and climbed trees!
  • leeza89
    leeza89 Posts: 9
    Options
    When I was a kid I was always outside, playing frisbee, hide in seek, running jumping, begging to go outside, always eating only to go outside an burn it up riding bycicles #TheGoodLife!
  • EmilyTBD
    EmilyTBD Posts: 8
    Options
    I would make my parents or grandparents time me as I sprinted from one end of the block to the other. I was really into "running fast".

Also, indoor couch parkour, aka "the floor is lava".
  • joanna1014
    joanna1014 Posts: 14
    Options
    Cheerleading (miss it a ton)
    Basket ball
    Walked EVERY WHERE!
  • risskie
    risskie Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I played kickball, softball, dodgeball, jumprope, tag, kick the can, capture the flag and biking from sun up past sun down.
  • mtaylor33557
    mtaylor33557 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    As a young child - riding my bike, jumping on the trampoline, swimming

As a teenager - dance, softball, touch football with friends, walking dirtroads

I WISH I had stayed active through college... It would be easier getting back into it now.