Beachbody

Options
12346»

Replies

• contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I want to reiterate that everyone who takes their fitness seriously should strongly research the science behind it, even if as a hobby. Once you do I think you will find that you can put together a program for your own needs that totally obsoletes any video you've ever done or ever bought.

this is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo true

how and where do you start doing this?

The intarwebz worked for me. Of course separating the broscience from the actual science can be a chore sometimes...
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I want to reiterate that everyone who takes their fitness seriously should strongly research the science behind it, even if as a hobby. Once you do I think you will find that you can put together a program for your own needs that totally obsoletes any video you've ever done or ever bought.

this is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo true

how and where do you start doing this?

The intarwebz worked for me. Of course separating the broscience from the actual science can be a chore sometimes...

I completely agree. Start searching other sites/articles. Knowledge is power! I also agree with those that stated stay away from JM's, BB and various websites that are trying to sell you something to get your knowledge. I started with no clue as to what I was doing. I have learned so much over the past 3 years just from researching and reading, the only thing I've spent money on besides weights, a treadmill, protein powder, vitamins and healthy foods is NROLW (only a $16 purchase I might add) Getting fit and healthy does not have to be costly at all. As for the OP the only BeachBody products I have are Turbofire and RockinBody which I received as gifts, I do like them alot for days I'm in a hurry and need to workout at home real quick. Otherwise I do my own thing.
  • cwhite103
    cwhite103 Posts: 3
    Options
    3 weeks into Insanity and both my husband and I feel like it's made us soft. We were working out before so maybe we're losing the muscle we had first but my thighs are bigger since doing it vs. smaller. Not a fan.
  • Molly182
    Molly182 Posts: 406
    Options
    Turbo fire, love
    Turbo jam, love
    Chalean extreme, like
    Hip hop abs, like
    P90X, boo
  • mama78loosinWeight
    mama78loosinWeight Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    hello,
    I have used their Thin Thighs program after my 1st son years ago and lost all my baby weight in just a matter of months. They really work on those hard to get areas are tone them up. The exercises are hard but they build endurance and you don't have to spend money on a membership to a gym, and generally can get your work out done in a short period of time. I have just dug them back out of the closet again. Although currently I am into Yoga and dance for exercise, I will be adding these dvd's to the mix again.
  • kristen3525
    kristen3525 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    What program were you doing before? I LOVED Insanity, I can't believe the results I got from it. I'm now doing both P90X and TurboFire, but I miss my Shaun T somedays...
  • kristen3525
    kristen3525 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Have you ever completed any Beachbody programs? I have, and I know how great I feel, and the results I've gotten are real. I still have a little to lose. About 10 pounds, not bad since I had 4 kids in 4 years. And I know it's from my beachbody programs. I was a personal trainer, and I know that these programs work. And it's a lot of work, it's not a quick overnight, lose weight thing. It takes dedication and commitment. I love how beachbody lays out the plan for you, if you follow it, you will get results. And as far as people trying to make money of you, maybe that is true of some beachbody coaches, but not all. There are many coaches that are genuinely in it to help people succeed.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Have you ever completed any Beachbody programs? I have, and I know how great I feel, and the results I've gotten are real. I still have a little to lose. About 10 pounds, not bad since I had 4 kids in 4 years. And I know it's from my beachbody programs. I was a personal trainer, and I know that these programs work. And it's a lot of work, it's not a quick overnight, lose weight thing. It takes dedication and commitment. I love how beachbody lays out the plan for you, if you follow it, you will get results. And as far as people trying to make money of you, maybe that is true of some beachbody coaches, but not all. There are many coaches that are genuinely in it to help people succeed.

Beachbody programs I've attempted:

Turbo Jam
    Turbo Fire
    Rockin Body
    Insanity
    P90X
    P90X2
    ChaLean Extreme
    Power 90

The only ones I were able to complete were Power 90 and P90X through motification (had to cut out the Yoga completely and used bands rather tham DBs and a pullup bar). I did see a lot of visible changes in my body after going through the programs but I did not experience any real functional fitness gains. I did not see any noticeable gains in strength or stamina and that was my real goal. I did not so much care about changing my look as I did about getting stronger, faster, fitter.

I attempted Insanity but suffered an injury in week 2 that put me out of commission for a few weeks because I do not have the coordination to do sudden changes in direction like that particular training style demands.
  • dane11235813
    dane11235813 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    3 weeks into Insanity and both my husband and I feel like it's made us soft. We were working out before so maybe we're losing the muscle we had first but my thighs are bigger since doing it vs. smaller. Not a fan.

:laugh:
    wow....all that in 3 weeks?!?!
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    First, I am not a Beachbody coach and I think their supplements are way overpriced due to the fact that everyone in the upline of the seller has to get a cut.

I'm 51y.o. and P90X has gotten me near the best shape in my life. I had no intention of building muscle, but it happened. I've dropped a tad over 20 lbs. so far (I've got 18 days to go), I'm down 4 pants sizes and I'm stronger, more flexible and have more endurance than I've had in years. Basically, it works. I've belonged to gyms, I have good cardio equipment, I've lifted heavily in the past, but I really don't have the time or motivation to do any of that again. All I have to do now is bring in the dumbells from the porch, throw up the chinup bar and press play. You have to follow along.....on bad days working out on your own, I guarantee you won't push that hard workout to workout. You don't have a choice following the DVD. There is no other program that would have produced results this well for me in such a period of time.

I also want to give credit to this site, it's really helped me get my nutrition down.
  • Myobi
    Myobi Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried their fitness products (too expensive), but I have tried their shake mixes.

They're gross. x_x I'd rather get my nutrition from real food.
  • ashfuse
    ashfuse Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have any feedback or info on the Results and Recovery formula they sell? I've tasted it once and it is delicious. Unsure as to whether or not it will really make a difference in terms of recovery and if it would differ at all from some whey protein.

Price is not an issue at all for me, so scratch that off the argument against (for me at least) =)

TIA

I drink the Results and Recovery and I can tell a MAJOR difference. You drink it within an hour of your workout but THEN you are supposed to eat a meal like an hour later. It really keeps me going strong where as before, I'd crash. I <3 it more than Shakeology.

I'm a coach so if you don't have anyone to order through feel free to add me and we can be friends :)
  • ginamc04
    ginamc04 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have any feedback or info on the Results and Recovery formula they sell? I've tasted it once and it is delicious. Unsure as to whether or not it will really make a difference in terms of recovery and if it would differ at all from some whey protein.

Price is not an issue at all for me, so scratch that off the argument against (for me at least) =)

TIA

It's crap but if price is no object to you then have whatever you would like. You can get the same (and better) from other methods for cheaper....but again....price is not an issue to you.

Thanks! But I won't buy "crap" just because I can afford to =)....although my husband would say that I am one lipstick away from being a makeup hoarder ha ha.

I was just wondering if this product was superior to a regular protein shake in any way. I currently drink ON Whey when I am low on protein for the day, and SOMETIMES after a workout just because...

*edited for spelling errors

I use all BB products but I do use ON protein-love that its tasteless!