How did you get proposed to?

Options

Replies

• Alexstrasza
    Alexstrasza Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    We had just finished with the hanky-panky and he left the room. He came back a moment later with one of those shiney pokeballs that you used to be able to get at Burger King.

He slid into the bed next to me and popped it open. Inside was a simple gold band ( I hate fancy jewelry). He then smiled and said "I Choose You.....to be my Wife!!"
  • julwills
    julwills Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    My husband proposed on Christmas Eve 2009. We went to Church and he downed a few beers beforehand which I thought was strange but a proposal was the last thing from my mind so I didn't really think much of it. After church the whole family was over and the tradition is everyone gets to open one gift.

He had fooled me into thinking he had gotten us tickets for a vacation somewhere so that's 100% what I was suspecting. I was last to open my gift and I opened a gift bag in front of my entire family and inside was a medium sized decorated box that said "The very best vacation" inside that was a smaller box that said "I could ever take" and inside that was an envelope that said "would be with you" and then inside the envelope (I'm still thinking they were tickets) was a piece of paper that said "forever" and the ring was taped to it. CUE INSTANT WATERWORKS!!!
  • AmandaCaswell1982
    AmandaCaswell1982 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    During the fireworks they do at Disney's Magic Kingdom at the end of the night. It was great. ♥
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    In light of our own recent beautiful proposal on the forums, I got curious how everyone got proposed to (or proposed) by your fiance/spouse?

My husband is a usually shy guy who doesn't talk much about his feelings. He's very affectionate and loving though. One day, I was making dinner (spaghetti with meat sauce) in our apartment, and he came up to me and simply said, "hey... you wanna go shop for diamonds?" I said, "Well, yeah." So I finished dinner, packed it up in the fridge (no time to eat), and we went and shopped for diamonds. He made me try on every ring in the store then go to another store the next day. Eventually, we came back to the first ring that I really loved, and he got it for me, slipped it on my finger right there at the store, and that was it! :smile:

"Oh by the way, I'm three days late..."

Yeah. Mine was something like "So you're knocked up! You going to marry me now?"
  • ChrissyRMiller
    ChrissyRMiller Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    We started out planning a practicle joke on a friend (she is very old fashion). We went a bought rings and were going to go to Vegas and get our picture taken in front of one of those drive thru chapels. When we got home from the store I was doing some chores and I turn around and he is down on one knee. He said there was no practicle joke, but he wanted to spend the rest of our lives laughing together. The entire time I really thought we were going to play a joke on our friend since we are both big practicle jokers. Now looking back I wouldn't have planned it any better! We just celebrated our first year of marrage on May 28 this year and I can't wait for many more years to come.
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    My husband waited until 12:01 on Christmas day, sat beside me where I laid in bed, told me how much he loved me and pulled out the box. Of course I cried and of course I said yes when he asked me to marry him. It'll be 8 years married this Tuesday and 10 years together total. I've never been happier, especially because we're both doing this whole get-fit-lose-weight-build-muscle thing together. We're going kayaking for the first time this Saturday!!

Oh, and congrats, 34!!
  • Liasings
    Liasings Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    We'd been ring shopping, so that was no surprise. The surprise was that he waited until I was sick with a fever of 102 and could barely crawl from the couch to the bed. He got down on one knee, said that marriage was for better or worse, in sickness and in health and pulled the ring out. I picked the least wavy of the three men in front of me, said yes to him, and collapsed into a flu coma.
  • April192013
    Options
    I feel so cheated...lol! He didn't actually propose. We had been together for three years and had talked about marriage often. So, around valentines day, we went looking for rings. Got one specially ordered and had it shipped to me, so when I got the mail it was there. ......lol then, he asked me if I would marry him.
  • mkrainville7409
    mkrainville7409 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    We had a proposal on here? I missed that.
    Beau put a ring on our pillow. I found it. :smile:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/624649-how-mfp-changed-my-life

SO beautiful
  • Alexstrasza
    Alexstrasza Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    We'd been ring shopping, so that was no surprise. The surprise was that he waited until I was sick with a fever of 102 and could barely crawl from the couch to the bed. He got down on one knee, said that marriage was for better or worse, in sickness and in health and pulled the ring out. I picked the least wavy of the three men in front of me, said yes to him, and collapsed into a flu coma.

So full of win.
  • BethHanson
    BethHanson Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My husband took me to the restaurant where we first hit things off at.. It is in an older part of town with little shops and brick sidewalks and streets. we were walking up to the restaurant for dinner (nothing special) and he said, "hey look at that" pointing to the ground. I turned and looked and wasn't sure what he was talking about and i looked back at him and he was down on one knee, he told me to look again and pointed at a brick that he had engraved with "dear lil' bug will you marry me" (little bug is his pet name for me). The brick is right in front of "our" restaurant. I do have to admit, i never saw the brick until after we ate dinner, in fact i thought he was just distracting me so he could get down on one knee. It wasn't until we were eating that he said something about the brick and how he didn't get to pick where it was placed and that it just worked out that it was right in front of our restaurant, and then i realized i needed to go back and see it lol.
  • dward2011
    dward2011 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I came home from work and he had my bags packed for a surprise trip. We ended up in Chicago at an very swank hotel (huge suite). He asked me to take a walk with him and we ended up at Navy Pier. We bought tickets to ride the Ferris wheel so I could get some photos of the skyline and beach. I start snapping pics as soon as we are in the bucket. He starts saying my name and poking me... trying to get my attention. I finally turned around and snapped What?! And he was down on both knees at the bottom of the bucket, no color in his face, with a death grip on the rails (he is terrified of heights). He says, Will you marry me? And shoves a blue ring box into my lap. I open the box and find a GORGEOUS ring and just starting bouncing around... shouting.... laughing... ooohhhing and aaaahhhing over the ring. He is all Stop making it swing! Stop ! We were off the Ferris wheel and walking back down Navy Pier before I even realized that I did not answer him. So I stopped him and said Of course I'm marrying you!
  • Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    My husband proposed at the top of Mt Kosciosko, which is Australia's highest peak (though not very high by any other countris standards)... I had an inkling it was going to happen because he packed wine and cheese and nibbles and even proper wine glasses... not usual for a hike lol.
  • angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
    Options
    What's the link to the proposal on the forum?
  • trishgrace
    trishgrace Posts: 285
    Options
    This is going to sound cheesy. lol. I was 17 and it was our 3rd Christmas together and he taped the ring box in the middle of the bottom of a HUGE box. And when I opened it up my MOM was already in tears saying "what do you say" before he even asked. lol. But we have been together ever since. He were engaged for 5 years before we got married and he is my very best friend. We have been married for almost 11 years.
  • Suzieqt81
    Suzieqt81 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    my husband actually proposed to me b4 we even met in person (had chatted on phone, net and snail mail for about 6 months)
    so once I moved in with him, I told him the over the phone proposal wasn't valid ..so he got down on his knee and asked 1 yr and 6 months later, we finally got married (been together 12 years 8 months, married 11 years 2 months)

Beautiful!!!!!
  • cannonsky
    cannonsky Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    we had a discussion... and by the end of it we had decided to call the courthouse in Cali and schedule an appointment :)
  • fittiephd
    fittiephd Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    My husband proposed on Christmas Eve 2009. We went to Church and he downed a few beers beforehand which I thought was strange but a proposal was the last thing from my mind so I didn't really think much of it. After church the whole family was over and the tradition is everyone gets to open one gift.

He had fooled me into thinking he had gotten us tickets for a vacation somewhere so that's 100% what I was suspecting. I was last to open my gift and I opened a gift bag in front of my entire family and inside was a medium sized decorated box that said "The very best vacation" inside that was a smaller box that said "I could ever take" and inside that was an envelope that said "would be with you" and then inside the envelope (I'm still thinking they were tickets) was a piece of paper that said "forever" and the ring was taped to it. CUE INSTANT WATERWORKS!!!

OMG too cute!!!!
  • BandedTriaRN
    BandedTriaRN Posts: 303
    Options
    My husband asked me after we had been talking online 3 times "Do you think we will ever get married" and I was kinda shocked lol. Then after talking 3 months and me taking a travel job to meet him and live with him in person, we found out he had cancer. He had an operation and the Dr said that he was "all clear". That night, we were talking and looking out the hospital windows at the lights outside, it was really beautiful and he asked me officially right then if I would marry him. We got married on the one year anniversary of us meeting online and have been married almost 18 years:) The best years of my life started the day that I met him:):heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    We had just finished with the hanky-panky and he left the room. He came back a moment later with one of those shiney pokeballs that you used to be able to get at Burger King.

He slid into the bed next to me and popped it open. Inside was a simple gold band ( I hate fancy jewelry). He then smiled and said "I Choose You.....to be my Wife!!"

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. you are his pokemon!! are you married? if not you should totally have a pokethemed wedding