Replies

• aimee18j
    aimee18j Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    On top of the Empire State building!
  • kympow
    kympow Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    My then-boyfriend took me out for the day before valentine's day. We sat down and then he said he forgot something in the car. I told him I would get it (he was determined he needed to go). So he arrives back to our table and we order our drinks and dinner and then we get our drinks and our waitor brought out a silver butter dish....so I sat with an odd look on my:huh: face, and he said "Are you gonna open it?" I said why....there's no bread here....well duh:ohwell: .... why else would I open it.... So I opened it after awhile....and he proposed to me on one knee...we will be celebrating our 17th year of marriage in less then a month... :love:
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    We had just finished with the hanky-panky and he left the room. He came back a moment later with one of those shiney pokeballs that you used to be able to get at Burger King.

He slid into the bed next to me and popped it open. Inside was a simple gold band ( I hate fancy jewelry). He then smiled and said "I Choose You.....to be my Wife!!"

Hahaha! That's perfect. I remember going to BK to buy those Pokeballs for my son! I saved some of them, along with the gold pieces.
  • melissa_leah
    melissa_leah Posts: 107
    Options
    My husband proposed on Christmas Eve 2009. We went to Church and he downed a few beers beforehand which I thought was strange but a proposal was the last thing from my mind so I didn't really think much of it. After church the whole family was over and the tradition is everyone gets to open one gift.

He had fooled me into thinking he had gotten us tickets for a vacation somewhere so that's 100% what I was suspecting. I was last to open my gift and I opened a gift bag in front of my entire family and inside was a medium sized decorated box that said "The very best vacation" inside that was a smaller box that said "I could ever take" and inside that was an envelope that said "would be with you" and then inside the envelope (I'm still thinking they were tickets) was a piece of paper that said "forever" and the ring was taped to it. CUE INSTANT WATERWORKS!!!

omg that is amazing seriously made me cry!! HOW SWEET!!!
  • MrsObundles
    MrsObundles Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Good stories!

I was driving home at night and MrObundles asked me to give him my hand. I gave him my right hand (we usually hold hands while in the car so that's what I thought he wanted) and he grabbed my other hand and put the ring on. Every time we drove close to a light or a lit up area I tried to stare at my ring and I was teary eyed so it's a wonder I didn't wreck the car. After he put the ring on he said, "Well...what's your answer?" and I told him he hadn't asked a question yet. So he asked and I said yes and it still makes me smile.
  • mkrainville7409
    mkrainville7409 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    What's the link to the proposal on the forum?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/624649-how-mfp-changed-my-life
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    I screwed mine up ..lol Our oldest Yorkie was a puppy and needed brushing out. He asked me to brush her while he made dinner and I was watching tv absent-mindedly while doing it. He kept telling me to pay attention to the knots near her neck but I didn't see any...he finally said look at her collar! He had put the ring on her collar :) I felt like a fool but it was so sweet!
  • Alexstrasza
    Alexstrasza Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    We had just finished with the hanky-panky and he left the room. He came back a moment later with one of those shiney pokeballs that you used to be able to get at Burger King.

He slid into the bed next to me and popped it open. Inside was a simple gold band ( I hate fancy jewelry). He then smiled and said "I Choose You.....to be my Wife!!"

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. you are his pokemon!! are you married? if not you should totally have a pokethemed wedding

Yea we've been married for 1 year and 6 months.

For our one year anniversary though I made him a pokeball shaped cake, haha.
  • blackberrypie
    Options
    I paid someone to do caricatures of my now husband and I. Me down on one knee with a ring. I couldn't wait for the dinner I had planned a few weeks out.. So I shyly showed him the picture, unable to say the words. Well, a year later we were wed. :) I actually asked him out on our first date too. :)
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I was working in Washington, DC then and he asked me to meet him after work at the carousel in front of the Smithsonian. It was a grey and dreary December 6 and I was running late. The guy manning the carousel was going to close early, but my then boyfriend showed him the ring and asked him to stay just a little later. I got there and he proposed as we rode round - and up and down - on the horses. He told me later he was terrified one of us would drop the ring under the platform!

Yesterday, on June 6, we celebrated our 20th anniversary.
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Never got one. Just kinda happened. No kids, just...happened. /shrug. I'm a tad.. bitter right now with all the romance of this thread! haha.
  • hadesflame
    hadesflame Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    On our 1 year anniversary, I picked up dinner from our favorite restaurant. We had planned on having dinner and then a movie. We were exchanging gifts and he starting talking about our relationship and stuff. Then, in a very serious voice, he says "Look, I don't want you to be my girlfriend anymore". So of course I'm crying by now. Then he slid off the couch on one knee and says "I want you to be my wife" and pulls out the ring.
    I was pissed and happy at the same time. I smacked him and then kissed him. Looking back it was really kinda funny. :laugh:
  • Zombriana
    Zombriana Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    We were hiking through Twin Falls in Maui, Hawaii and after we jumped off the cliff he swam under this water fall, then proposed. He's lucky the scenery was nice! All I got was a "Hey look." Pulls out ring. "Will you marry me?" :laugh:

[img]https://fbcdn_sphotos_d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/246999_10150273866319104_7883133_n.jpg[/img]
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    there was a shotgun involved
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    My husband wrote me a note that said "Will you marry me?" then had a box with Yes and a box with No and said "check one" LOL!

It hangs above our bed <3 We just celebrated 10 years married in March and are having a huge party on Saturday for it!
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    My brother just finished the most difficult part of the same military school I went to, so we went on a family trip out to see him and witness the promotional ceremony etc.

The school is in New Mexico, (Roswell) and NM is home to the famous Carlsbad Caverns. I had been once and I told my now husband that it was one of my favorite places in the world. It is absolutely gorgeous, mysterious, breathtaking... amazing. Since is only about a 2 hour drive or so from Roswell, we made plans so that Sunday morning we would get up early and go, without missing any of my brother's activities.

Sunday we get to Carlsbad and we get out of the car to take the elevator down to the caverns, and he conveniently forgets the camera and had to run back to the car (secretly getting the ring).

As we were walking through the caverns, I said "this would be such a cool place to be proposed to". Sure enough, he got down on one knee and pulled out a little ring box and asked me to marry him. I was actually really surprised and completely kidding when I said what I did. We had been talking about an engagement and kind of talking about rings but I really wasn't expecting it that soon. Turns out he had already asked my parents permission and everything.

I have to say, although I do not care much about rings/diamonds/ etc, and would have been happy with the most simplest of engagement rings... I was blown away. It is a light purple/blue stone called taaffeite. It is one of the rarest gemstones in the world!!!! I was blown away.

carlsbad-caverns-new-mexico-usa_full.jpg
    Carlsbad Caverns
  • bkhfws
    bkhfws Posts: 11
    Options
    one year after we started dating Buddy proposed at a bed and breakfast and one year after he proposed we are getting married ....3 months away
  • SmallTownSweetie03
    Options
    He is Airforce and he had been on a deployment in Kuwait for 4 months and I went to pick him up at the airport, little did I know that he had asked his mother to go to a jewelry store in Virginia and pick up the ring that he had ordered online from Kuwait and he met her at the airport in Virginia before flying back here to Washington and he had also called my mom on the phone from Kuwait to ask her for my hand and to explain to her that he wanted to ask me when he came home. He came down the steps to baggage claim and hugged me and then dropped down on one knee and asked me right there in their airport with hundreds of people (including all of his friends and their wives and girlfriends who already knew that this was going to happen) watching and gave a little speech about how after the last 4 months away from me he knew he never wanted to be without me again and wanted me to be his forever, would I marry him? I was most definitely not expecting it and it was wonderful and sweet and everything I had ever dreamed of.
  • Cyanid3
    Cyanid3 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    He hasn't yet, thanks for the reminder... He's still deployed, darn deployment. :grumble: I just want him back already. :sad:
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    there was a shotgun involved

Lmao!