bump :smile:
  • mommamills
    mommamills Posts: 437
    Options
    bump :drinker:
  • Serenifly
    Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    1/4 cup 1% milk (I don't use fruit juice as it's sooo high in Sugar - though I noticed milk has a bunch of sugar too)
    Plain Fat Free Yogurt
    Frozen Berries (blue berries are my fave)
    Frozen Banana
    (I buy a bunch, wait for them to get brown soft (banana bread ready) and peel and freeze them, they taste better like that IMHO)
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Smoothie Bump!:tongue:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    1/4 cup 1% milk (I don't use fruit juice as it's sooo high in Sugar - though I noticed milk has a bunch of sugar too)
    Plain Fat Free Yogurt
    Frozen Berries (blue berries are my fave)
    Frozen Banana
    (I buy a bunch, wait for them to get brown soft (banana bread ready) and peel and freeze them, they taste better like that IMHO)

The tough part about super ripe bananas is how much more sugar they contain as they ripen, the darker they are and the more spots appear the more sugar then contain. Very high GI factor on over ripe bananas, not crushing your smoothie idea, that's certainly NOT my intention.:flowerforyou: :happy: I'm simply sharing what I read about GI in certain foods.

GI = Glycemic Index (lots on the web about it for anyone not in the know and curious):flowerforyou:
  • jdp21
    jdp21 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    3/4 cup of skim milk
    3/4 fat-free yogurt (typically vanilla for me)
    1/2 raspberries
    1/2 scoop of vanilla whey powder (optional, of course)
    2 tsp of organic peanut butter

It actually tastes pretty good. I have it before I'm going to the gym or after if I couldn't before!
  • p1nkpr1ncess
    p1nkpr1ncess Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Mmmm Yummy! This is just what I needed! Just got a smoothie maker and been experimenting! So far I really like:

1/2 cup Skim Milk
    1/2 cup Water
    1 Scoop Chocolate Protein
    1 TBSP Peanut Butter
    Drizzle of honey / Bit of sweetener

I've got loads of frozen berries though and made a nice smoothie for the kids earlier with it so I'm excited about trying new things! Smoothie for lunch is on the cards for tomorrow! :)
    -x-x-
  • beckyjo1975
    beckyjo1975 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • tanya73
    tanya73 Posts: 1
    Options
    8 oz - skim milk
    1 scoop of AMP whey protein
    1 container fat free light activa yogurt
    2 ice cubes
  • sroseber
    sroseber Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    My favorite homemade smoothie is frozen strawberries, frozen peaches, a banana, and orange juice.

When I'm in an even bigger hurry though Yoplait makes smoothie mixes, you can find them in the freezer aisle at the grocery store. You just dump the whole bag in and add 8oz. skim milk and blend. We've tried the Strawberry Banana and the Berry one (both really good) and I think there is a mango and something one but I haven't tried it, I'm not a big fan of mangos.

When I need to add some protein I'll put a .5-1 scoop of vanilla whey protein powder in it too.
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    strawberries (i get them when they are $1 and freeze a ton!), OJ, peach yogurt, fresh pinneaple, and if I'm splurging some sugar free fat free vanilla and/or mango sherbert.
  • FitToBeFab
    FitToBeFab Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I just made a smoothie!

I mixed:
    About 1Cup of Dole's Wildly Nutritious Mixed frozen fruit
    1C skim milk
    1 Carnation instant breakfast french vanilla packet

It made a full 16oz, and was perfect for a light lunch. I figured the calories to be just over 300 (hence why it's my lunch not my snack) if I used the whole packet of instant breakfast. However, if you only use half the packet, it's just under 250 cals which I think would make a good snack.

It kind of tastes like a jamba juice without having to drive to get one!
  • KarenECunningham
    KarenECunningham Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I use some o.j., 1/2 banana, a mix of frozen fruit (I like peaches, raspberries and strawberries) If I am making a dessert I add a scoop of sugar free vanilla ice cream. Just be sure and figure in the calories. I sometimes add a packet of steevia sweetener. Enjoy!:drinker:
  • SraArroz
    SraArroz Posts: 238
    Options
    these sound great. thanks for sharing!
  • CardioRS
    CardioRS Posts: 88
    Options
    6 large frozen organic strawberries
    4-6 ozs cold green tea
    1 shot of XS Energy Premium Mixer - lemon blast (sometimes cran-grape, but usually lemon. Has 2 g sugar & 16 cal)
    crushed ice
    2 Tbsp "Just Whites" - dry egg white (no flavor but has protein)
    1/2 organic banana (optional)

Mix in Magic Bullet or Blender until smooth
  • Jennwith2ns
    Jennwith2ns Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    *BUMP* Some great ideas in here!
  • HopeWillard
    Options
    My morning smoothie

1 cup juice-any you like
    1 cup soy milk
    1 cup fruit-any you like-if using fresh freeze overnight