I NEED SUPPORT FEELING ON EDGE

Options
My wife wants to make some fried tacos. You put beans or meat in a corn tortilla and then fry them in oil. :angry: If that wasn't cruel enough, she asked me to go to the store to buy more oil because "we're out of oil". :noway: I feel like she's rubbing my nose in it, like the oil is urine and I'm a dog that urinated in the house. :cry: What should I do? She's trying to sabotage my weight loss journey, just as I was back on the right path, and out of the wayward desert, full of sticker and puncture weeds. Know what I mean?

Replies

• WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    She's trying to kill you. GET OUT OF THE HOUSE NOW.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    I'm scared, guys. I really feel like she does not have my best interests in heart. :cry:
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    She's trying to kill you. GET OUT OF THE HOUSE NOW.

This..OR, fry HER in the oil after she's made that yummy dinner.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I say just don't bring home any Twinkies or Oreos, she will fry those *****es up next.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Check her texts.
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    Yes. Right around this time each week, my husband gives me side-eye and suggests dessert. I try giving him sex instead, but then he just wants both.

Negotiation fail.
  • emom3boys
    emom3boys Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Go to the store and buy the oil. You don't need to eat them, maybe you need to go on a walk when she's making them. You can be strong. Tell your wife how you are feeling too. My husband sometimes doesn't understand the little things that bug me, but he won't get it unless I tell him. Good luck!
  • hezzyhlo
    hezzyhlo Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Man, that stinks, I'm sorry. Did you tell her that it bothers you? Stay strong, you can do this!!!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    man up and EAT!
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Double check the scale.
  • hcyndy
    hcyndy Posts: 51
    Options
    Aww sorry to hear that... Have you tried talking to her about how you feel? Maybe she doesn't realize what she is doing... I have done the same thing on several occasions and not meant to.
  • LAWoman79
    LAWoman79 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Tell her fine, but that you will make your own. STEAM the tortillas, add what YOU want to the taco, no cheese, sour cream, that kind of stuff. Onions, cilantro and hot sauce is the way to go.

You guys can share meals, but you can make your own healthier version of the meal for yourself.
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    You really should consider divorcing her. She's clearly cheating on you.
  • AlicynH
    AlicynH Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Don't eat it. I made the mistake of falling yesterday and I'm still feeling it today. RUN!!!! Don't let her get you. My husband does the same thing.
  • Jacole18
    Jacole18 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Tell her fine, but that you will make your own. STEAM the tortillas, add what YOU want to the taco, no cheese, sour cream, that kind of stuff. Onions, cilantro and hot sauce is the way to go.

You guys can share meals, but you can make your own healthier version of the meal for yourself.
    ^^This. Good idea!
  • lorac321
    lorac321 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Say you're going to the store and then go to a movie or the gym instead. I'm mean, I wouldn't buy the oil. If I did go to the store I would buy something totally healthy and come back and eat it in front of her.
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    Respectfully I remind you that she also asked you to pick up bacon AND peanut butter!!! Not one or the other, but BOTH!
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    One day she's putting extra beans on your taco the next she's slipping full fat creamer into your coffee. Be careful friend, it's a slippery slope.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Check her texts.
    Good call. Thanks!
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    She is jealous
    She wants to give you a BJ
    She is cheating on you
    I'll come over and eat them, while you flee for safety.