How do you know when a first date went well?

Options
124»

Replies

• Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    I have found dating as a gay man is much harder (not through personal experience... obviously). My best friend is gay and he has had a lot of trouble figuring it out, too. Guy's are typically more honest with each other so I would say he was probably being honest. 2 1/2 hours is a long time to spend at dinner. If he was in a rush to get out of there he would have left sooner (at least I would have!). I would call him, ask to see him again, and he will either respond or won't and then you will know! If he isn't interested and you want to know why, ask him for feedback! I'd want to know too :) Good luck!
  • U81fA1th
    U81fA1th Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    That American dating system is so confusing. Try the British system where you meet someone, go to bed, get jiggy then pluck up the courage to ask them on a date over bacon and eggs in the morning.
    That's pretty funny....I love it :laugh:
  • MissShancey
    Options
    That American dating system is so confusing. Try the British system where you meet someone, go to bed, get jiggy then pluck up the courage to ask them on a date over bacon and eggs in the morning.

Being on a diet might ruin this strategy for people on here, as they'd have to skip the bacon and eggs part

this tread made me sad.. i really wanted the guy to text back .. but this ^ made me giggle! lol

BUT it was only a first date... get back out there mister!!!

before you know it you will find a nice vegetarian non alcoholic man... *with a good job and education who likes the out doors and puppies!* <perfect lol
  • this_is_my_year
    this_is_my_year Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Wait a couple of days and text him to suggest heading out for a quick drink at a bar or a coffee.
  • SurfinBird1981
    SurfinBird1981 Posts: 517 Member
    Options

Too right! :drinker:
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    He might just be an introvert. Talking four hours plus the stress of going out with someone new might make him feel drained. I've been there, and it has nothing to do with you. I honestly didn't think it was weird to cut things off relatively early until a date told me.
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options

^^THANK YOU!

It went well. Call him tomorrow when you know he'll be out of work. Tell him you had a great time and would like to go out again and ask him when he's free.

Do not text.
    Do not e-mail.
    Do not facebook.

pick up the phone, dial his number!