How do you like your steak?

Options
124»

Replies

• MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Medium with only salt and pepper...

mushrooms are always good, as is some yummy bleu cheese butter melting over the top.

Ribeyes are definitely best, but I am developing a taste for filets lately, too.
  • focus4fitness
    focus4fitness Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I am a ribeye gal, but I try to cut away some of the fat when I do have it. Med Rare is a must, best on a charcoal grill. YUM!
  • focus4fitness
    focus4fitness Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I used to eat them rare too, but imo it doesn't stay hot long enough.
  • lbmore33
    lbmore33 Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    I dont eat red meat.....................:noway:
  • Jacole18
    Jacole18 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    well with tons of garlic and salt :)
  • KourtneyP83
    KourtneyP83 Posts: 319
    Options
    Medium Well with Montreal Steak seasoning...lightly! :)
  • dbevisjr
    dbevisjr Posts: 183
    Options
    Knock the horns off and strike a match!
  • twiztid_princess
    Options
    mooing across my plate as i stab it!

salt, pepper, and garlic thats it :)

agreed... sometimes topped with dill butter.. but thats only on certain cuts
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    Medium Rare, sometimes Rare with a bit of garlic and some herbs.
  • JamesThiel
    JamesThiel Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Medium rare on a charcoal grill ( nice and pink) marinaded in Italian seasoning over night
  • MariaAlbina
    MariaAlbina Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Medium rare with grilled onions.
  • calalily77
    calalily77 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    very well done...with garlic salt and pepper.
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    medium well with pepper, garlic salt, onion powder and this steak seasoning..forgot what it's called. nums.
  • dreamshadows
    dreamshadows Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Medium well, Teriyaki sauce, touch of garlic and onion.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Medium with fresh cracked peppercorns, HP sauce if i'm feeling frisky. And fried onion. I like the onions brown and crispy, not slimy.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    knock its horns off, wipe its nasty *kitten*, and chunk it on my plate... Om nom nom... seriously thought I love it rare cooked with just a little steak seasoning and Worcestershire sauce and some olive oil.
  • RamTX22
    RamTX22 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Tenderloin salt pepper a little bit of olive oil sear each side 2 minutes finish off in oven 400 degrees 4 minutes mmmm mmmm MEDIUM RARE add some sautéed mushrooms and carmalized onions on top yummy
  • hyperionguy
    Options
    Sorry, I know this is an old thread... but I'm feelin' a steak right now.

Tenderloin or Ribeye. 2" thick. A little oil on the outside, course ground black pepper, Lowry's season salt. Grilled on full blast till outside is seared, mantle is pink, core is dark. When first put onto grill, put a pat of butter on top. When they are flipped over, put a pat of butter on that side. Served with nothing else. Steak sauce is a crime. Anything more than medium rare and there is a sharp decrease in flavor and texture. The decline is exponential. Well done is inedible.

<drooling>

To the squeamish: there is hardly any blood in properly processed meat. the red you are seeing is the myoglobin and water in the muscle not from hemoglobin in the bloodstream.