Anybody else trying to get rid of their c-section tummy?

Options
Let's support each other please :) Anybody else that wants to friend me please do, need all the motivation I can get!

xxx

Replies

• whitneyrenae
    whitneyrenae Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Me!!!! Not yet, because I just had my csection 11 days ago, but in 4 1/2 more weeks im starting up exercising. :-) This is my second csection and the first healed and looked pretty good, but this time i have a bad feeling. how long has it been since your csection?
  • lucywantstoloseit
    Options
    Mine was 21 months ago now! I put on lots of weight when I was pregnant so after my c section my tummy just went awful! I've been slacking on losing weight, hence 21 months later and still not much improvement!

P.S, Congrats on becoming a mummy (again) :)

xx
  • Meggie1045
    Meggie1045 Posts: 20
    Options
    Yes, me! I'm sending you a request.
  • whitneyrenae
    whitneyrenae Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Thank you. And we can do this!!!!
  • jessimacar
    jessimacar Posts: 291
    Options
    I didn't have a section, but still have the "new mommy" awful tummy flab.. I did require surgery during my birth though so I was out of commission for just as long :S Now I have a lot of weight to lose..
  • linhmaimac
    linhmaimac Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Me! I hate this "shelf"! Lower ab workouts, particularly sit ups are impossible at this point. I had my 2nd baby 2 months ago. Time to get flat abs yo!

Feel free to add me, mommies.

Linh
  • coryparker
    Options
    I had my first c section 7 months. need lots of motivation I have 30 pounds to loose and carry all my weight in my chest and tummy.. Good luck everyone I'm going to add you as a friend anyone else feel free to add me :)
  • amykoa
    amykoa Posts: 10
    Options
    Am I "allowed" to say yes if my c-section was nearly 6 years ago???

:)
  • curvykim78
    curvykim78 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Good luck with it...My kids are 13, 12 and 3...and I gave up and had a tummy tuck last summer to fix my belly from a botched c-section.
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I had a c-section 5-1/2 years ago, but just started getting serious in January. I've lost 38 pounds but having a huge issue with my c-section tummy.
  • tlafrance
    tlafrance Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I am! My c- section tummy is 16 months old!! I hate it!
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I have had 2 of them. I'm starting p90 tomorrow. Still have the pooch but it's not nearly as bad as it was. I know it can go away. It will it will just take time... We can all do it :D

My youngest is almost 18 months old.
  • HipsBreastsandMore
    HipsBreastsandMore Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I got all of y'all beat. Had a c-section when I was 15 and when i was 26. Two girls. I am walking around with a kangaroo pouch.

Best and easiest exercise to do to eliminate and tone that area is with the balance ball. Position it between your feet and push your legs up and down. That area will hurt but continue to do it everyday and it will tone up.

Also, I learned a trick the other day. Whenever you are sitting down, try to build a muscle contraction in your stomach. Keep doing it for a long time. After while your muscles will learn how to contract on their own. It's like sucking in your belly and pushing it in.
  • Shelgirl001
    Shelgirl001 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Me... still after almost 8 years. :(
  • darrcn5
    darrcn5 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Me! DS will be 17 months tomorrow. My c-section "ledge" has definitely shrunk, but I am worried how much of it is due to lose skin (DS was 10 lbs 11 oz, so that didn't help!) I still have almost 30 pounds to go, so I am holding out hope it will look a lot better 30 pounds from now!
  • ShannonJessup
    Options
    I've had two C's! And yes, this flab must die. Has anyone heard of skin brushing to tighten skin?

I haven't seen many post-baby non-C tummies, are ours harder to lose? I've got this double bubble that just hangs over my scar :-P

Friend me!
  • tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I had a c-section almost 18 years ago. Even when I was thin, I still had a tummy after the birth. I had been at my highest last December. I have lost 42 pounds since January. My biggest issue is my stomach. I am pretty happy with my legs and arms, my chest I wouldn't care if it was smaller. But, my biggest frustration is my stomach. That is the reason why I am not at my goal weight yet.
    My stomach has shrunk, just not where I want it to be.
  • lyrics4mal
    lyrics4mal Posts: 14
    Options
    3 C-sections here.. and my kids are 17, 16, and 12. Oddly though, my tummy isn't my biggest gripe! It's my thighs... and I can't blame that on a C-section. :|
    Good luck everyone!!
  • monicaphd
    monicaphd Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    How about me???My last baby was 12 years ago and I STILL have my "baby fat"!
  • Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Am I "allowed" to say yes if my c-section was nearly 6 years ago???

:)
    actually that gives me hope.