Short/petite people with under 20 to lose-question!

Options
1235»

Replies

• tashaa1992
    tashaa1992 Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    Everyone I know makes comments like this to me, my co workers, sister, mum, friends. Peoples opinions count for nothing, it's what you think that matters the most. I'm 4ft 10in, 102.8lbs, but it's not a weight I'm comfortable at so I will lose weight, the healthy way, for me.
  • rachmass1
    rachmass1 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Just tell that you want sexy arteries when they bug you about eating healthy and refusing cakes, and don't talk about losing weight or explaining to them how weight show up more on short people. It's wasted energy.

Precisely. Good post
  • LethalBeauty
    Options
    Well it's never happened to me before because i dont talk to anyone about wanting to lose weight, for that exact reason. im sureeee that everyone would say things like to not worry about my weight. Im 5ft 1 and 110lbs. but i am not active at alllllllll. so i have no muscle weight. my FIVE year old sister beat me in arm wrestling multiple times. i was also always the VERY LAST person to finish races/runs in school. I'm vegan, so its pretty normal to see me eating healthy :P my brother and mother are both taller than me as well as thinner. and my friends are all pretty thin too..
  • petitehealth
    petitehealth Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    SW: 130 CW:118 GW: 110
    Looking to share food logs with other petite ladies. I'm 5'2 trying to manage a 1200 calorie goal. I recently plateaued and realized that I wasn't eating enough calories considering I exercise 4-5 times a week. I've upped my calories and have started losing weight again.
    Also started blogging healthy recipe ideas at www.petitehealth.com. Please add me as a friend if you'd like to share food diaries/motivation. Thanks!
  • giveMEbeauty
    giveMEbeauty Posts: 192
    Options
    Also short <<<< 4ft 11
  • balancedbrunette
    balancedbrunette Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Some really relatable posts on this thread, glad to know i'm not the only one in this boat :P

I'm 5ft3, when i joined myfitnesspal i was around 134lbs, i'm now at 111lbs, and i remember my family, friends saying to me constantly 'you don't need to loose it'....maybe they are only looking out for our well-being, but at the end of the day i think you know your body better than anyone else, you know how you feel and if i didnt take that stance last year to loose that bit i know i would be very unhappy with myself now.

What i find is there is not a lot of support there, nobody wants to see people counting calories, i used to get a lot of comments such as 'you should enjoy life, enjoy your food'....and it just makes me think im enjoying life so much more now at a healthier weight for my body and i can still enjoy food, i can make healthy choices and the treats are so much more worth it than they used to be when i would mindlessly eat them.

At the end of the day we know how we feel better than anyone, so if you want to loose weight its up to you, if you don't thats your choice. Sometimes i wish my family would have understood this, its funny because recently i have got comments that i look healthier or fitter almost and in a way i think they now realise i did need to loose a bit.

Sorry for the waffle of a post, for the smaller people out there keep doing what your doing, stick with it and dont let people get you down :)...i found the last 10lbs to be a struggle for me and funny enough i stopped weighing myself for a long time and after about 5-6 weeks it could have been i popped back on the scales and was pleasantly surprised i had lost the last bit. Right now i'm working on toning up my body, good luck everyone else with your weight loss goals! :)
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    I don't talk to people who are very overweight about wanting to lose any weight. I don't expect someone who actually suffers from being overweight to empathize with my desire to be just a little tinier.
  • forAandP
    forAandP Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm only 4'8 ( or even less O_O I think I'm shrinking )
    - __ - I can't eat anything without gaining weight..

I am 4'9". My DH is 5'11". As we've dieted the last 2 months I have gone to the gym more and eaten less. Usually 4 hours a week at the gym and 1000 calories a day.
    Needless to say, he has lost tons and I have lost 3 pounds.
    115 is technically overweight at my height. At 110 I am pretty heavy.
    And yet people still say, no you don't need a diet.

Such hard work and people tell you its useless and unnecessary. HoHum.
    Its healthy and its for you not them. You have to live in your own skin and you want it to fit right for life.
    Who needs critics?
  • USMCnetty90
    USMCnetty90 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Yes Yes Yes - I get this all the time "you dont have anything to worry about" alot of whys and such... My son gives me grief all the time... Im 5'2 and 146 - id really like to be in the 120 range, but my first goal is 130...
  • giveMEbeauty
    giveMEbeauty Posts: 192
    Options
    4ft 11
  • Marina809
    Marina809 Posts: 38
    Options
    I do get this a lot. I'm 5' 1.5". I have about 17 pounds to lose which doesn't sound like a lot but for me it's extremely unhealthy. I keep that entire 17 lbs in my midsection. This gives me a dangerously high (91) waist to hip ratio, meaning I'm at a very high risk of having coronary heart disease, stroke, cancer and diabetes. It's imperative that I get this weight off, even more so than the people who scoff at me and claim I'm "so little already". I have to just ignore the remarks and do what I have to do to get healthy.
  • nomorebingesgirl2014
    nomorebingesgirl2014 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Bunp