Is anyone training for something specific?

Options
I'm new to the site. Thus far, I like what I see. I do have a question however... Are most people here losing weight to "look good?" Is anyone training for something specific?

I've been a martial artist for 24 years (and typing that made me realize just how old and sad I am)... I'm training to support my midlife crisis. ;)

Replies

• laurenbona
    laurenbona Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I do want to look good, but my goal is to do the NJ Tough Mudder in October and the NY Marathon at the end of next year
  • josephrleik
    josephrleik Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm training to pass the Air Force Fitness test. There are a lot of people here who are training to be healthier, and to look better. But there are also a lot of people training for a specific purpose.
  • hevhoyda
    hevhoyda Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'm also training for the Tough Mudder in Kentucky in October plus would just like to lose some weight and tone up.
  • andersmama
    Options
    I'm doing a 10 mile breast cancer walk in Sept.
  • gchutson
    gchutson Posts: 657
    Options
    What is the Tough Mudder? It sounds tough. And muddy.
  • abbybean11
    abbybean11 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    i set different goals - started out training for 5ks, now i'm training for a few different things for next year - 10k, duathlon, and a couple cycling tours.
  • Cris725
    Cris725 Posts: 81
    Options
    Yes I am.......Life.
  • trainguy917
    trainguy917 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I'm training to walk/run the Parkersburg News & Sentinel Half Marathon in August of this year and just plain run it next year.
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Training myself mentally and for an eventual marathon, Lord knows when. Hopefully in 2 yrs!!
  • kimnsc
    kimnsc Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I was training for the Warrior Dash in November, but I was informed today that it has been cancelled. Now looking for another event...

:(
  • wendsong
    wendsong Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am training for a quarter marathon next year! It feels good to actually type that and I am looking forward to being successful!:happy:
  • gchutson
    Options
    I have nothing but respect for marathoners. Being that I'm built like a tank, marathons aren't really my thing.

If I'm running 28 miles, it's probably because zombies have taken-over, and I'm out of ammo. ;)
  • KukuDan
    KukuDan Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Training for a 10km run in October, after a long time without exercise. Getting healthy is a great motivator as well as hopefully keeping up better with the kids.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I have friends training for everything from 5k races to marathons, sprint to Ironman triathlons, bikini to bodybuilding competitions. And everything else.
    I am pretty much training for all of the above (except I am going for figure class not bodybuilding or bikini)
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    A 10k on July 3rd and then a mini triathlon in August
  • gchutson
    Options
    Me either. I look ridiculous in a bikini.
  • sarafil
    sarafil Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Training for a half marathon in September.
  • rjams
    rjams Posts: 48
    Options
    I am training so I can join the military!
    Also training for my first official half marathon!
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Training for RAGBRAI!!! (471 mile bicycle ride, over 7 days)

And training for whatever comes next. Training for life.