Is anyone training for something specific?

Options

Replies

• glenn2u
    glenn2u Posts: 7
    Options
    I am training for a century (100 mile bike event) this fall. I need to loose about 15 lbs and tone up to be able to be successful.
  • ElementalEscapee
    ElementalEscapee Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Heh..........cosplay...................... <_< lol.

I look ridiculous in a bikini as well....in anything, to be honest haha.
  • gchutson
    gchutson Posts: 657
    Options
    I am training for a century (100 mile bike event) this fall. I need to loose about 15 lbs and tone up to be able to be successful.

Tyson's Corner? We lived in Chevy Chase for 5 years... the township. Not the actor.
  • marylynn85
    marylynn85 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Im doing the Color Run in October. Id like to be able to run the whole way, its a 5k.

I'm doing the one in Columbus on July 21! I'm so excited for it!

Im excited too, it looks like so much fun. And it will be my first 5k.
  • jmax68
    jmax68 Posts: 11
    Options
    I am training for the midlife crisis as well.lol
  • gchutson
    Options
    Im doing the Color Run in October. Id like to be able to run the whole way, its a 5k.

I'm doing the one in Columbus on July 21! I'm so excited for it!

Im excited too, it looks like so much fun. And it will be my first 5k.

Fun? You realize that it's like... lots and lots of running, right? Like, 5k of... nothing but running... er something.
  • gchutson
    Options
    I am training for the midlife crisis as well.lol

Red sports cars and 20 year blonde girlfriends for EVERYONE! Yay!
  • shabbychick81
    shabbychick81 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    i am trying to train for the color run in nashville. doing c25k and having no luck at all!:sad:
  • scott1080
    scott1080 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    right now after i heal up will be my first 5k
  • nvrider
    nvrider Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    The Tevis Cup, August 4th. It's a 100 mile endurance ride. I want to get stronger, and fitter so that I can make it easier on my horse. We did it in 2010, and just recently (2 weeks ago) completed another 100 mile ride. I have about 7 to 8 pounds to go and have been losing about a pound a week for the last three months.
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    I'm training to enter a bodybuilding competition in a couple years. Allowing myself plenty of time to build the muscle I want. I don't want to do the figure ones. I want more muscle than that so it'll be a long process but thats my goal in the end.
  • six34sigma
    Options
    Run 5K again by the end of the year .... thats it, simple.

Maybe one of these days will go back to Martial Arts myself but with a change in perspective from "do" to "jutsu".

Cheers.
  • gchutson
    Options
    I'm training to enter a bodybuilding competition in a couple years. Allowing myself plenty of time to build the muscle I want. I don't want to do the figure ones. I want more muscle than that so it'll be a long process but thats my goal in the end.

Being big and scary rules.
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    The EOTWAWKI.
    But seriously, I want muscles just because I'm tired of looking like a waif.
  • jcabbott06
    Options
    To be healthy so I can have a baby.
  • shabbychick81
    Options
    nashville? that is what i am training for and i am having a very hard time! ugh!
  • drapisking
    drapisking Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Looking for top 5 in solo sport at 24 hours of rocky hill this year.
  • gchutson
    Options
    i am trying to train for the color run in nashville. doing c25k and having no luck at all!:sad:

My office is in Nashville. I lived there for 7 years. I have never heard of the "Color Run."
  • shabbychick81
    Options
    To be healthy so I can have a baby.
    what a wonderful reason! <3
  • shabbychick81
    Options

My office is in Nashville. I lived there for 7 years. I have never heard of the "Color Run."
    check it out it is so cool!!! http://thecolorrun.com/nashville/