Is anyone training for something specific?

Options

Replies

• gchutson
    gchutson Posts: 657
    Options
    im wanting to look better plus the run for your life marathon is in december its a 3k fun run where zombies chase you the whole time

It's all fun and games until the zombies come. Then everyone's like, "Oh great. F**king zombies. And I only had 18 pounds left to lose."
  • CoCoBean14
    CoCoBean14 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Me either. I look ridiculous in a bikini.

Love lol

I dunno if it's been answered, but the Mud Run is a 3 mile obstacle course that's super muddy. I've heard it's really hard. I personally started out just wanting to look better, but now I'm going to do the Mud Run in August!

Is the mud really necessary? Can't they use... pudding? I'd totally do a Pudding Run.

Lmao.

This entire thread made my night.

I just trademarked "Pudding Run." It's mine damn it.

My night has also been made! Wouldn't pudding be really sticky??

Um... compared to mud? Plus... it's pudding.

Mud's not sticky! It's gross, but not sticky. That is a valid point though. Also it would probably make it harder because pudding is pretty thick.
  • KJLIII
    KJLIII Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Yeah - and here you go, one more: Tough Mudder , Utah - in October.

Can you believe it?? And I'm past my "mid-life" age, unless I end up living to 102 years old ! ! heheheh...

Guess I'm just crazy enough to try it - over 10 miles and 28 military-type obstacles. Never have done anything like that before... but I'm gonna ! ! ; )
  • marylynn85
    marylynn85 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Im doing the Color Run in October. Id like to be able to run the whole way, its a 5k.

I'm doing the one in Columbus on July 21! I'm so excited for it!

Im excited too, it looks like so much fun. And it will be my first 5k.

Fun? You realize that it's like... lots and lots of running, right? Like, 5k of... nothing but running... er something.

I enjoy running.
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I'm always training for something. Life is about setting goals...and making them! I've done two halfs, Warrior Dash x 2, and a full marathon...currently training for a PR in half (1:39 or so) or may up it to the full this fall. We'll see :)
  • marylynn85
    marylynn85 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Im doing the Color Run in October. Id like to be able to run the whole way, its a 5k.
    nashville? that is what i am training for and i am having a very hard time! ugh!

Im doing the one in Charlotte.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    To become a Personal Trainer/Exercise Instructor... gotta practise what I preach!
  • coraliethomas
    coraliethomas Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Training for the army fitness test... of course looking good in my jeans wouldn't hurt!
  • dwilkerson89
    Options
    Warrior Dash in July! Woot!

Yep, July Warrior Dash in Iowa! Can't Wait!!
  • natvanessa
    natvanessa Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Well I recently signed up to do a half marathon next month, but that's not why I'm on here. It's a plus though!!
  • JenniferLynWhat
    Options
    I'm doing the Color Run (5k) in October and..I'd like to keep my options open if I decide to join the military

Next May I'd like to jog a half marathon with my cousin and hopefully work until I'm living a healthier lifestyle...I can't tell you how much I would love to say "Where should we go hiking today" instead of "What movie should we watch" when I'm with my boyfriend.
  • ImaVeryLuckyMan
    ImaVeryLuckyMan Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm new here too. I would like to go Sky Diving.
  • midschool22
    midschool22 Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it for the upcoming cyclocross season. The first race I ever did last year was a blast. So much pain accompanied with so much fun. I'm hooked.

79fc5c17.jpg
  • Front_Runner
    Front_Runner Posts: 175
    Options
    I originally started this program to get strong and to make weight for galloping thoroughbred racehorses.
  • jaimrlx
    jaimrlx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Color run! Signing up before the end of the month! :D
  • smileybooliz
    smileybooliz Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    At the moment I'm training for the "Disneyland Marathon" :happy: Sounds funny but I want to be able to cruise through the park and not feel exhausted the whole time! :happy:

Long term goal....to be healthier! I do want to look better too! Who doesn't? Good luck with MFP!! You'll love it!!
  • hooperkay
    hooperkay Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I'm losing so that I can get back into tennis. I love kickin a** on the court. I really don't care too much about looking good. I don't like marathons either.
  • Iamkim73
    Iamkim73 Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    I was training to ride in the Tour de Cure. But I did that ride today! 31.7 miles. Woo woo. :happy: I now need a new goal...
  • smileybooliz
    smileybooliz Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    YES!! This is my friend and she is AWESOME!! :happy:
    Yeah - and here you go, one more: Tough Mudder , Utah - in October.

Can you believe it?? And I'm past my "mid-life" age, unless I end up living to 102 years old ! ! heheheh...

Guess I'm just crazy enough to try it - over 10 miles and 28 military-type obstacles. Never have done anything like that before... but I'm gonna ! ! ; )
  • Iamkim73
    Iamkim73 Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    Color run! Signing up before the end of the month! :D
    I want to do this ^^