Body By Vi

Options

Replies

• BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    And my comments are being deleted. Help me! I'm melting! What a world.. what a world..

Go ahead and whine salespeople. Doesn't change a thing.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    And my comments are being deleted. Help me! I'm melting! What a world.. what a world..

Hey, mine too where I quoted you. So, MFP supports Body By Vi? Not being snarky. Really wondering.
  • dlwyatt82
    dlwyatt82 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Well, considering advertising anything on the MFP forums, even by directing them to other sites or doing the "message me for more info" routine is against MFP's policies, you can just turn the tables and report every single post.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/135893-no-advertisements-allowed-on-the-forums
  • BrettPGH
    Options
    Well, considering advertising anything on the MFP forums, even by directing them to other sites or doing the "message me for more info" routine is against MFP's policies, you can just turn the tables and report every single post.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/135893-no-advertisements-allowed-on-the-forums

I actually think that's how they got me, but I think it was PRETTY CLEAR I was being sarcastic, I mean I don't know how to lay it on any thicker than that.

Shame it's gone, some of my best work.
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I've never tried it, so I can't comment on taste.

I don't have an issue with meal replacement shakes. I drink about 3-5 a week as a snack. Sometimes, when I'm really lazy I'll drink one as an actual meal replacement. I wouldn't replace solid food with something that I didn't also enjoy just as much, which is why it's important to pick something that tastes good, when choosing a flavor.

I haven't heard that BBV is actually dangerous for your health. If you can afford it, and do not plan on becoming dependent on it...why not?
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options

I don't have an issue with meal replacement shakes. I drink about 3-5 a week as a snack. Sometimes, when I'm really lazy I'll drink one as an actual meal replacement. I wouldn't replace solid food with something that I didn't also enjoy just as much, which is why it's important to pick something that tastes good, when choosing a flavor.

I haven't heard that BBV is actually dangerous for your health. If you can afford it, and do not plan on becoming dependent on it...why not?

The "why not?" would be because it's overpriced for what little value it delivers. Plain and simple.
  • AlyRoseNYC
    Options

The "why not?" would be because it's overpriced for what little value it delivers. Plain and simple.

I see your point, but you have to remember that affordability is relative. Some people say Shakeology is expensive too. I don't find it to be *shrugs*
  • dlwyatt82
    Options
    "Expensive" is relative. Value can generally be agreed on regardless of how much money you have.

Anyhow, I've never found a meal replacement shake that didn't taste like chocolate *kitten*. I make them in my blender with a scoop of whey isolate and stuff straight from the fridge or freezer (milk, yogurt, fruit), rather than drinking the "just add water" variety.
  • redshoeshelley
    redshoeshelley Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    My husband and I have been using it since December. We love it!!!!! We usually drink a shake for breakfast and lunch, with sensible snacks in between and a sensible dinner. I have researched it, taken it to a nutritionist and can find nothing negative to say. It's quality nutrition, fast to make, and tastes great. There are over 300 recipes so we never get bored!!!! I don't understand the people who say it's expensive, because our grocery bill has gone down since we started the shakes. It works out to around $2 or less per meal. You can't get cheap, fast food for that price and it's a lot more healthy!

:flowerforyou:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Yep.

From what I can work out - the shakes are about $1.50 a 'meal' and provide 12g protein and 7g of carbs for 90 calories (mix only).

Optimum Nutrition 100% whey protein provides 24g protein and 4g carbs for 130 calories and works out to be about $1 per serving. Add a multi vitamin for about 10c each.

I know which one I would pick.

It also is made of soy protein. Soy can mess up estrogen levels if taken in too high quantities.
  • AmericanExpat
    AmericanExpat Posts: 158 Member
    Options

It's still showing where I quoted you. It was very good work!
  • SlimSammy2012
    Options
    I call BS.
    Well, I used it the first three months this year and lost 22lbs...Thought that Whey Protein would be jsut as good and to my surprise, it didn't !

My blood Glucose levels came in well at the low range of the A1C measurements since I was diagnosed with type 2 Diabetes back 5 years ago. When I went to the Whey Protein my sugar levels have risen. No weight loss eventhough I incfreased my excercise levels from none to three days a week. Very tired, no motivation and eating junk!

I reordered my ViSalus SOY Protein and an lookng for my next 20 lb loss by the end of July!

I don't see the product. I don't believe in the Pyramid effect.

Did I suggest to the OP that she SHOULD use it? No!

Personally i don't care who uses what. It does something good for me! that's all I said!
  • BrettPGH
    Options

I thought so. But guess who got reported as being a salesperson. Can you believe I just got in trouble for promoting BBV???
  • dlwyatt82
    Options

I thought so. But guess who got reported as being a salesperson. Can you believe I just got in trouble for promoting BBV???

Now that's just ridiculous. I could see some idiot reporting you for promoting it in that post, but I would assume that a moderator reading the post would see the obvious sarcasm.
  • AlyRoseNYC
    Options
    Yep.

From what I can work out - the shakes are about $1.50 a 'meal' and provide 12g protein and 7g of carbs for 90 calories (mix only).

Optimum Nutrition 100% whey protein provides 24g protein and 4g carbs for 130 calories and works out to be about $1 per serving. Add a multi vitamin for about 10c each.

I know which one I would pick.

It also is made of soy protein. Soy can mess up estrogen levels if taken in too high quantities.

I'm not discrediting your argument. There are definitely cheaper options out there. My original point--I deleted the quote trees but it's still up on this thread--was that from what I've heard, BBV is not unhealthy or dangerous. So if you don't mind paying the $$$, you enjoy drinking it, and don't plan on letting it become a crutch, "why not"? BUT, I must admit that I am the "if it fits in your daily calorie goal" type. I will eat just about anything I want, as long as it will fit my calorie goal =)
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    I've had it with salesmen calling me a "hater" because I think they pimp magic drinks and take advantage of people...

This is the one I like!
  • AmericanExpat
    AmericanExpat Posts: 158 Member
    Options

The irony......:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I'm not discrediting your argument. There are definitely cheaper options out there. My original point--I deleted the quote trees but it's still up on this thread--was that from what I've heard, BBV is not unhealthy or dangerous. So if you don't mind paying the $$$, you enjoy drinking it, and don't plan on letting it become a crutch, "why not"? BUT, I must admit that I am the "if it fits in your daily calorie goal" type. I will eat just about anything I want, as long as it will fit my calorie goal =)

Took my quotes off as well so we do not end up with 'infini-quotes" ;-)

I largely agree with you (although some do need to avoid too much soy protein, especially if they are at risk of estrogen receptive cancer) - I do not think anyone is actually saying its dangerous. The issue for me is all the unsubstantiated claims about it that are made. As you say, if someone likes it and can afford it - that totally up to them and I do not think anyone is slamming them for it - but just trying to ensure that they have their 'eyes wide open' when ordering.

The reason I mentioned the carb/protein levels - is a lot of the 'tout' is re low carb/high protien - and it really is not that low carb or high in protein.
  • AlyRoseNYC
    Options

Took my quotes off as well so we do not end up with 'infini-quotes" ;-)

I largely agree with you (although some do need to avoid too much soy protein, especially if they are at risk of estrogen receptive cancer) - I do not think anyone is actually saying its dangerous. The issue for me is all the unsubstantiated claims about it that are made. As you say, if someone likes it and can afford it - that totally up to them and I do not think anyone is slamming them for it - but just trying to ensure that they have their 'eyes wide open' when ordering.

The reason I mentioned the carb/protein levels - is a lot of the 'tout' is re low carb/high protien - and it really is not that low carb or high in protein.

YES YES YES to the unsunstantiated claims point you made! I am the biggest skeptic of all time. I drink Shakeology, but I'd be the worst coach ever lol. I don't believe any of the stuff that they claim. All I believe is the nutritional label I see on the back ha ha. "Healthiest meal of the day?" Nah...well maybe if your other meal was White Castle lol. Enjoyable snack? Sure.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    If your overall calories/activity stayed the same, there is no possible way you lost weight on BBV and didn't when you came off of it and then did again when you went on it. It's just not possible.
    I call BS.
    Well, I used it the first three months this year and lost 22lbs...Thought that Whey Protein would be jsut as good and to my surprise, it didn't !

My blood Glucose levels came in well at the low range of the A1C measurements since I was diagnosed with type 2 Diabetes back 5 years ago. When I went to the Whey Protein my sugar levels have risen. No weight loss eventhough I incfreased my excercise levels from none to three days a week. Very tired, no motivation and eating junk!

I reordered my ViSalus SOY Protein and an lookng for my next 20 lb loss by the end of July!

I don't see the product. I don't believe in the Pyramid effect.

Did I suggest to the OP that she SHOULD use it? No!

Personally i don't care who uses what. It does something good for me! that's all I said!
This discussion has been closed.