Heartbroken and next day moved on. Why?

Options
1235»

Replies

• littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    To each their own...do what works for you and try to be happy.
  • calvert6183
    calvert6183 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I don't get that either. I was in a very unhealthy relationship for 3 1/2 years, and broke up with her the same day I started my weight loss journey. For a while, focusing on fitness & my diet seemed to take away from obsessing about her, but that seems to be lessening. Now I keep thinking about wanting her to see how much better I look.

I do believe meeting someone else helps, but can't imagine how people do that right away. At the end of it all, it's time passing that gives us perspective and the ability to really move on. Someone jumping right into a rebound relationship and thinking that will help is just fooling himself/herself.

I have often wondered if having a high Emotional Intelligence is a cause for more grief. In the end maybe no one is right or wrong because let's say that I am able to take being alone and thinking through the situation, but My ex-partner needs are different and s/he knows that they may become mentally or emotionally "unstable" if they don't get with someone soon, they may be doing what is best. They may know who they are and what they need and they get that need taken care of. Does that then make them also have a high EQ? This relationship thing is very difficult to figure out. Heck, I am just now getting that you may Love someone but NOT be able to Live with them or have a good relationship with them. Momma said there would be "days," but she did not explain all the "stuff." LOL

I agree with you in many ways.
  • honeybfly002
    Options
    It's much easier to rebound and take the "easy" way out...but the pain remains. yes some move on quicker than others but unresolved issues remain present no matter how fast you find a replacement...which is usually a temporary fix. I'd rather process the emotions...there's always a grieving period then move on. I broke up with my ex after 5 years - he got married less than 6 months later.
    He went from losing his home to living with me to living with his parents now he moved in to his wife's condo (they started dating shortly after her divorce was finalized). Some people just can't be alone. She can take care of him now :happy:
  • In_The_Moment
    Options
  • OSC_ESD
    OSC_ESD Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    ~ Sometimes when a heart is broken into a million pieces .... you never really get them all back. But, life goes on and one day you realize that " broken " is only a word ... love is reality. Just because somebody is moving on ... doesn't necessarily mean they have healed from a previous broken heart ... it just means they are trying to " live " again.

Although ... for me, I need space and time ... to find myself again. I can't begin to think about finding love again until I come to terms with what I lost. For some people they can ignore those terms and act like it never happened to begin with. But then again ... that isn't really true love then is it ?????

Call me crazy .... or just a hopeless romantic .... but when your heart get shattered from the one true love you ever thought existed ... only time can heal that ... not a " replacement ".

Somehow ... barely breathing and just existing will begin to fade ... and just as the sun comes up every day, you will begin to see the light ... I can only hope it shines brighter than the one before.

~ Sigh
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    sometimes a person is over something far before it actually ends.