Does anyone else crave sugar immediately after eating?

Options
1235»

Replies

• blue696
    blue696 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Yes I also crave sugar at some times so I allow myself to have a little bit. I went to a nutritionist yesterday, and one of the main things she said is that its okay to have it, but have it with a protein, so a mini chocolate bar (or 2) with nuts so you get both together. Fruit is also another great option that usually helps me fill this craving (watermelon being my favorite). Good luck!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I am trying to overcome my sugar addiction, and the only thing that's keeping me from eating it is not having anything sweet in the house...I was even tempted to have a spoonful of maple syrup. I didn't, but I feel like it. It doesn't matter what I eat, I immediately crave sweets afterward. Sometimes I feel like I'm going to go crazy if I don't get something sweet. It's a horrible way to live, and I'm pretty tired of it. I've been this way for years, and have been tested for diabetes several times. I would like to know what's going on inside my body to make me crave sugar so badly.

Has anyone overcome this? If so, is there anything that helps?
    I've found that mixing fresh blueberries and sliced strawberries is an amazing sweet treat. I'd likely pick it over a simple carb sweet any day. I just feel better after I eat it... I get energy instead of a drop in blood sugar later.

Good luck:flowerforyou:
  • msmonsi
    msmonsi Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    When I have too much refined sugar in my diet I get like that. What's helped me is drinking plenty of water, eating nutritious foods and limiting refined sugar to a taste and no more... eventually your body stops craving it.
  • fabdivac
    fabdivac Posts: 11
    Options
    Yes, I do as well. I don't always give in, but mostly I do. I agree that if I do then it can only be in real low moderation. With all the other foods that already have sugar in them, its a hard task!