need help flavoring veggies !!!!

Options
Pl2874
Pl2874 Posts: 6
I eat alot of veggies but I get tired of them so quickly because I find them boring. I need help to flavor them up so I can actually enjoy them. Preferably string beans but I am open to any kind of veggie....please help !

Replies

• Leamonator
    Leamonator Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My favorite way to eat veggies is to roast them. I put lots of cut up veggies on a tray, drizzle with olive oil, add a bit of salt and pepper and roast for about 40 minutes at 400 degrees. Adding balsamic vinegar is a nice change too!
  • akhebert4
    akhebert4 Posts: 9
    Options
    Not the healthiest, but I love a sprinkle of Lawry's Seasoned Salt on steamed or roasted veggies. Also, for raw veggies, a little bit of hummus or even the Boursin light cheese-- both spreads are rich and creamy and only 25 calories/tablespoon.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    are you mabey over cooking them? I used to boil the life out of say, brocolli,with loads of salt - now i just stir-fry for a few mins - much nicer and keeping all the vitamins & minerals.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I like them with a little garlic. I put them in a pan with a little oil, and add either fresh crushed garlic or minced garlic, and heat it up, and eat! So good!
  • taliasometimes
    taliasometimes Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    i like them with balsamic vinegar! and a little blob of butter or mayo (light of cause) and herbs
  • quixoteQ
    quixoteQ Posts: 484
    Options
    Easy healthy dip for veggies (if you like ranch style dips):

- 2 cups fage 0% plain greek yogurt (or other brand if you prefer)
    - 1 1/4 tbsp minced dried onion
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/8 tsp garlic powder
    1 tbsp parsley flakes and/or 3/4 tbsp dried dill
    a little cayenne if you want some heat

Mix. High protein healthiness!
  • krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    I love laughing cow cheese with celerly, carrots, cauliflower, etc... they have tons of different flavors and it's low cal
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    I like to steam them with chicken broth instead of water, adds a nice little extra flavor.
  • NikkiSmo
    NikkiSmo Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I like to stir fry my veggies with pam spray and a dash of low sodium soy sauce. So very yummy and the house smells great! Also by not using oil or butter it adds hardly any additional calories to your veggies. Grilling is also a good way to do them. If I;m alreadt grilling my chicken anr turkey burger I will throw my veggies on as well. Good luck!
  • marvinschild
    Options
    I bake veggies in separate tins with light spray of olive oil; asparagus, broccoli, cauliflower, onion, sweet potato, string beans, leeks carrots scallions in the oven 350° until soft to the prick of the fork. Then I broil them until slightly burnt. Light salt and serve.
  • Epicmum54
    Epicmum54 Posts: 26
    Options
    With a little olive oil, stir fry green beans in fresh garlic and when they're just about done, add some chili paste to taste, mix, heat and serve!
  • briyowes
    briyowes Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Since I've kicked the added salt habit, Mrs. Dash is my new best friend. I have several varieties that I use for veggies.
    Onion & Herb
    Garlic & Herb
    Tomato, Basil & Garlic
    Table Blend

I usually steam or saute my veggies with olive oil spray. I also like to add minced garlic and onions because they add extra flavor. Also for green beans, if you like meat, you can chop a few strips of turkey bacon and saute with the beans.
  • Skeena4
    Skeena4 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I like to add a bit of fresh dill to my steamed veggies...
    of for fresh I'm loving jalapeno greek yogurt dip!
  • spikefoot
    spikefoot Posts: 419
    Options
    Marinate for a day or so with a bit of olive oil and garlic slices. Then grill on the bbq.
  • cwapmommy
    cwapmommy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. Lots of good ideas.
  • leisuregranny
    leisuregranny Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I love roasted veggies too, but I like to add dried sweet basil with the salt, pepper and olive oil, toss them in a bowl, then spread them out on a pan and roast at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes. Love how the broccoli & other veggies get kind of crispy on the edges. I usually roast cut up sweet potato, broccoli, cauliflower, zuchinni, red bell peppers, mushrooms, onion, & whole garlic cloves. Yummy!
  • shareylee
    shareylee Posts: 14
    Options
    Have you tried sautéing them with coconut oil? Great for carrots, zucchini and eggplant.
  • jfogarty45
    Options
    Weber Seasoning has many varieties of spices and one especially for veggies. In spice aisle.
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    My favorite way to eat veggies is to roast them. I put lots of cut up veggies on a tray, drizzle with olive oil, add a bit of salt and pepper and roast for about 40 minutes at 400 degrees. Adding balsamic vinegar is a nice change too!
    ^YES!^

Also, try squeezing fresh citrus juice over asparagus, broccoli, or green beans. Lime is my preference!