need help flavoring veggies !!!!

Options

Replies

• MelHoneyRocks
    Options
    I grill all my veggies, gives them an amazing flavor!
  • treblemaker90
    treblemaker90 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    bump! I'm loving all these ideas :D
  • DakotaKeogh
    DakotaKeogh Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Google up some good Indian vegetarian recipes. Indian cuisine put a whole new face on veggies for me when I spent some time being vegetarian.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    NACHO CHEESE CRANK IT UP A NOTCH HELL YEAH
  • rmrpender
    rmrpender Posts: 16
    Options
    look for a good recipe for asian green beans. Olive oil, garlic, soy sauce and steamed green beans....Yummy and about 55 cals per serving
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Ranch dressing!
  • olee67
    olee67 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    If I'm just steaming veggies, I'll do a little bit of garlic powder and some non-butter butter spray (the kind with a bunch of zeros on the label for nutritional value). Cutting up some peppers and onion, throwing them in some tin foil, then putting a good 3 second spray of cooking spray works good too. Usually I just microwave some frozen veggies to eat with my protein portions. I'll take a few, green beans for example, and a piece of chicken in one bite and let them work with eachother.
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Grill them. So damn good that way
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    try different spices, I like something I found for popcorn, chili lime seasoning.
    Or lemon pepper - can replace salt
    Orange, lemon or lime juice.
    All sorts of different ways to cook them as well.
    Go to the store and look for new ones to try..
    I use ginger on some things, or cayenne is good for you and gives all things a lil heat that is good on occasion.
    Possibilities are endless, also combinations can change things drastically also.
    Make your own dip!
  • simpleejenn
    Options
    1/2 tsp of pumace (olive oil)
    italian seasoning
    juice from half a lime
    5 or 6 olives

blend it all up in a food processor.
    bam.
  • Mrs_TrimWaistFatWallet
    Options
    Careful of olive oils..adds up calories FAST

I learned to like JUST balsamic vinegar. Now I practically pour it over everything

Horseradish gives anything a fun kick

Lemon/lime juice, italian seasonings, etc are all good too
  • 40Marbles
    40Marbles Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Roasting with a bit of olive oil and fresh herbs.

Rosemary is good with potatoes and carrots.
    Fresh basil - awesome with so many things.
    Oregano, savory, thyme, sage etc.

I have a black thumb for growing things indoors but our herb garden outside has been getting better every year. Probably because it's in a nice sunny spot and the herbs are mostly perennials so I don't have to mess with them. (Then I don't have much of a chance at killing them.)
  • CharMarieDavis
    Options
    I didn't read through all the posts, but a great way to season veggies is to use Spike. Spike is a low sodium veggie and poultry seasoning. It makes steamed broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, asparagus, etc...taste amazing. Of course you can cook them other ways than just steaming, but you get my point. I use Spike or Mrs. Dash seasonings on just about everything. Spike is harder to find (I have never seen it at Walmart) but I have found it at Natural Grocer's and Homeland.
  • jolisyeuxbleu
    jolisyeuxbleu Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love adding a few sprinkles of either McCormick's garlic and herb or Pampered Chef's Basil and Citric spice. LOVE either on grilled asparagus. Also tasty on green beans and brocolli!
  • sueannerojas
    Options
    bump
  • julieod1
    julieod1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Green beans are great with sliced almonds...drizzle with olive oil, dash of salt and bake for 20 min or so. Let the almonds brown up a bit and serve...delish!
  • didans
    didans Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Brett - I'm with you on Indian vegetarian recipes.

Sometimes for a quick and healthy snack, I'll just sprinkle chaat masala (homemade) on some chopped raw veggies. Delicious!
  • jladyj
    jladyj Posts: 23
    Options
    Nutmeg on sweetcorn instead of butter, works for me.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    Depending on what kind of cuisine you're eating that day, get an all purpose seasoner. My dinner was Italian tonight, so on my veggies I used a Mediterranean salt free blend.

Mrs. Dash makes all kinds of all purpose seasoners.

Or get a healthy spread (I have Best Life Spread with Olive Oil) and drop a tablespoon of half-tablespoon on your veggies.
  • firedad
    firedad Posts: 59
    Options
    I eat alot of veggies but I get tired of them so quickly because I find them boring. I need help to flavor them up so I can actually enjoy them. Preferably string beans but I am open to any kind of veggie....please help !

Kernel Season's Popcorn Seasoning… for more than just popcorn.