Do you wear a watch?

Options
123457»

Replies

• tamsinwhitfield
    tamsinwhitfield Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I just speak for myself here, but I think a lot of women wear a watch more as a fashion statement than an actual time-keeping aid. I have a Chanel J12 for days when I'm feeling fancy (not the diamond encrusted one, sadly!), and a Michael Kors rose gold / white chronograph for day-to-day (which is actually my favourite, and goes with ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING).

Oh, yeah, and I'm under 30 (just).

I'm coveting your watches. Pretty sure that MK rose gold one is the exact one I want!

This one? http://www.watches2u.com/watches/michael-kors/mk5464-ladies-rose-gold-chronograph-watch.html

Advice: BUY IT. Seriously, it's the most versatile thing I've bought - it's a lot bigger than it looks (the face, that is), unusual for women's watches, but I've decided I actually like it more because of this.

Find any excuse!

EDIT: For emphasis on size (since they never show watches on an actual human arm online, which is annoying):

watch.jpg
  • thirtytwopostcards
    Options
    No I don't. So much easier to just check my phone, and because I'm not used to wearing one they annoy me when I do wear them.
  • ki4yxo
    ki4yxo Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Ok, the age thing wasn't serious. I've just heard many times in the media that people under 30 just aren't wearing watches. But, my 9-year-old son wants one sooooo bad. It made me think. Lol.

I've always worn a watch. I bought my son a watch
    when he was 6 (cheap walmart watch) and the thing
    is still ticking. He learned how to tell time when he
    was 6, and wheres it most of the time.

I just buy the mid range timex models that have the
    timer, stop watch, dual time zones, etc. Comes in
    handy when I want to know what time it is in UTC.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I just speak for myself here, but I think a lot of women wear a watch more as a fashion statement than an actual time-keeping aid. I have a Chanel J12 for days when I'm feeling fancy (not the diamond encrusted one, sadly!), and a Michael Kors rose gold / white chronograph for day-to-day (which is actually my favourite, and goes with ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING).

I'm coveting your watches. Pretty sure that MK rose gold one is the exact one I want!

This one? http://www.watches2u.com/watches/michael-kors/mk5464-ladies-rose-gold-chronograph-watch.html

Advice: BUY IT. Seriously, it's the most versatile thing I've bought - it's a lot bigger than it looks (the face, that is), unusual for women's watches, but I've decided I actually like it more because of this.

Find any excuse!

EDIT: For emphasis on size (since they never show watches on an actual human arm online, which is annoying):

watch.jpg

Oh ok, no, it's not that one, the one I want doesn't have any of the white enamel, but it's SO gorgeous. I need a new watch asap lol
  • tamsinwhitfield
    tamsinwhitfield Posts: 135 Member
    Options

Find any excuse!

watch.jpg

Oh ok, no, it's not that one, the one I want doesn't have any of the white enamel, but it's SO gorgeous. I need a new watch asap lol

Word of warning - if you've been looking at the solid rose gold one, try it on in a store first rather than buying online! That was the one I was eyeing up first of all, but it's a slightly overpowering in the flesh (it's a lot of VERY, VERY SHINY!).
  • travisseger
    travisseger Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Over 30 and wear one of my watches pretty much 24/7. Feel completely lost without it.
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,957 Member
    Options
    I have a bunch..feel naked without one.

1934 gold Gruen ..great grandpa's watch.
    1987 Casio G-Shock....wore it for 6 years and 4 deployments
    2002 Seiko perpetual stainless steel
    2003 Seiko Kinetic sport 100
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Yup. I'd feel naked without my watches. I only have a couple, and I don't hold much value with *stuff* but I frakking love this watch.

photo-11.jpg

One handed. Clean design. Pretty as hell.
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    I don't. It is not age specific, but a problem I have when I wear one. I get super freaky about time. If I wear a watch I get obsessed about making sure it is accurate which used to cause me to call the number for time a lot more then I should.

on a side note all the clocks in my house have to be a bit off of each other. If they are not then I get obsessive about setting them also.
  • H8T3D
    H8T3D Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I never owned a watch, well maybe when I was a kid... 12-17 I had a beeper W/time and from 18+ I always had a cellphone... For some reason the thought of something tight around my wrist freaks me out...
  • cazzamartinek
    cazzamartinek Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    im over thirty and have always worn a watch but always on my right arm (dont know why) people seem to think its weird but it just feels weird on my left arm !:bigsmile:
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    i'm 23 with quite a few watches
  • janicemitchellcross
    janicemitchellcross Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    i wear a watch all the time ( even have a waterproof one) im 57