Best concert you've ever been to

Options

Replies

• GeekyGirlLyn
    GeekyGirlLyn Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Tie between Smashing Pumpkins concert in Philadelphia and a Three Days Grace/Breaking Ben/Live concert in Hershey!
  • mathiasg
    mathiasg Posts: 32
    Options
    Can't pick one...

R.E.M. Oxford, Ohio Work Tour 10/30/87
    Phish, The Bomb Factory, Dallas, TX 5/7/94
    Wilco, Cincinnati, Ohio 2/11/05
  • BostonMatt
    BostonMatt Posts: 258
    Options
    This is like asking which of my kids I love the most. Just can't answer it.

Top 3
    Front row to Jimmy Buffett.
    Roger Waters performing The Wall
    Billy Joel/ Elton John

I could go on and on.
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    AC/DC and Bob Seger...AWESOME!
  • violabeatle
    violabeatle Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I've been to very few BAD concerts, but I have to say I would pay a LOT of money to see Muse or Fleetwood Mac again!!! Muse sounds better live than on their albums - certainly an accomplishment! With Fleetwood Mac it's more about the emotion that you can see/hear as they perform their old songs, it's very moving. And despite being in their 60s, they still sound fantastic!
  • H8T3D
    H8T3D Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I've been to hundreds of concerts, from mainstream bands like "Ozzy, Moterhead, Danzig, Pantera" but some of the best bands I have ever seen was in the NY hardcore scene.. This best concerts I been to was in the 90's at cbgb's and coney island high in NYC, one show that will stay with me forever was Mindset, Shutdown at coney island high, this show was like 98...
  • southpaw211
    southpaw211 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I've been to very few BAD concerts, but I have to say I would pay a LOT of money to see Muse or Fleetwood Mac again!!! Muse sounds better live than on their albums - certainly an accomplishment! With Fleetwood Mac it's more about the emotion that you can see/hear as they perform their old songs, it's very moving. And despite being in their 60s, they still sound fantastic!

Totally agree. I haven't seen Fleetwood Mac live (I'm always afraid to buy tickets in case Stevie splits mid tour), though we have the DVD of The Dance and I love the end of Landslide when she and Linsday thank each other. Lots of history there. As an aside, I have had the pleasure of seeing Stevie live and she is A-MAZ-ING. I love that woman!
  • Slendermike
    Slendermike Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    ACDC at the outdoor stadium in Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada! Ears were ringing for 3 days afterwards
  • rm830
    rm830 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    NKOTB...haha yeah go laugh...but I love them!

Also, Rammstein and Coldplay were amazing concerts!!!
  • TheYearofMe
    Options
    I have three:

3. Midnite @ Vets Hall in Santa Cruz circa 2004. This was the first reggae show I've ever been to and the first time I ever heard the band. Fell in LOVE and have been a fan ever since. Pretty much have stalked them all over California...

2. Manu Chau @ Warfield in San Francisco circa 2010. This guy is one of my favorite artists EVER. He rarely tours the states and I was able to get a ticket before the show sold out....

1. Roger Waters The Wall @ AT&T Park San Francisco circa 2 months ago. Epic....simply EPIC....
  • jfort1988
    jfort1988 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Either KISS, Rob Zombie, or Trans-Siberian Orchestra

Though I'm seeing Iron Maiden and Alice Cooper at the end of the month so I'm pretty sure that'll go up to #1
  • TheYearofMe
    Options
    Tool. Hands down. Maynard came out in a cowboy hat and tighy-whities. lol

Worst concert ever-- Fall Out Boy (don't judge, I was a teenager)

I've been DYING to see Tool in concert forever....
  • 17ChargerGirl17
    Options
    WOULD HAVE TO BE BETWEEN

SHINEDOWN AND RED
    OR
    KISS AND SKIDROW

ALTHOUGH IF YOURE A TESLA FAN. THEY ARE INCREDIBLE IN CONCERT!!!

I'm seeing Scorpions and Tesla tonight at Red Rocks, WOOHOO!!!

Scorpions are awesome in concert too!!!! Love, Love, Love Tesla
  • rushchic
    rushchic Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have seen Rush over 30 times. Favorites have been the R-30 Tour in 2004 or the 1978 Tour of The Hemispheres.

About 40 times here!! My first tour though was Hold Your Fire
  • angeliqueib
    angeliqueib Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    This is a tough one! My favorite bands to see have been Tool, Sevendust, and NIN. I'm going to go with Tool at Ozzfest in 98 because watching Maynard strip onstage was good fun and Sevendust earlier the same year because Morgan Rose came outside before the show and hung out with us fans
  • phinners
    phinners Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I have seen so many amazing bands, but last year I saw Roger Water's The Wall and I nearly died and went to heaven, god I love Pink Floyd.

(love Rush, cant wait for the new album!)
  • sazzyp1973
    sazzyp1973 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Tough, been to many great ones. Most memorable ones would be the Pogues about 10 years ago and Bob Dylan last year. Great stuff. I have seen BD many times but last year he nailed it!!
  • BriskisGrl
    BriskisGrl Posts: 461
    Options
    Ozzfest, Nickleback, Korn
  • trustsnape
    trustsnape Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    pink is the best concert i have ever been to nothing comes close
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I love Lyle Lovett live (right?!)

That's probably because Lyle Lovett is AWESOME!! I saw him at the John T. Floore Country Store in San Antonio in... 2007 ? I can't imagine a more perfect place to see Lyle Lovett. When they did "That's Right (You're Not From Texas)" people went nuts. Such a good time!