• rushchic
    rushchic Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Rush - of course
    U2- close second
  • RipperSB
    RipperSB Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    In the early days I saw Pat Travers, AC/DC & Ted Nugent at one show... was hard of hearing for a week... but the best rock concert was Rush

Best other was Trans Siberian Orchestra... those people put on a frickin' show!
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Solo concert by Bobby McFerrin. Yes, that guy. One guy, barefoot, mike in hand, kept the audience spellbound. Amazing.
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    foo fighters any city any time any album! second best was the eagles...I loved it for some reason...saw it with my mom and it was like going back to my childhood!
  • Skeels
    Skeels Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Foo Fighters Acoustic.........

Dave Mathews in North Carolina front row ;)
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Old guy alert!

I've been to hundreds of concerts but this gets the nod...

Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band at the CNE Grandstand in Toronto August 1978.

Pearl Jam was the last show I saw in Toronto before moving to the UK and they were excellent. They're headlining the Isle of Wight Festival (Saturday night) and I'm hoping I can find the cash for a ticket.

Old Lady Alert!

The Doobie Brothers, in 1977, without Michael McDonald......................when they did "Black Water", and mentioned our town (Duluth MN), the crowd went wild..............I was pregnant with my first child, and DID resist the doobie that floated by me a few times :wink: :wink:

Also enjoyed Seals & Croft at about the same time.................they were into their Bahá'í faith stage, though, and were a little too preachy, but GOOD music!

Another Old Guy Alert!!

Yardbirds 1967 Umass Cage, were backup band for the Association......Jeff Beck and some guy named Jimmy Page

Jethro Tull
    Frank Zappa..have to say one of the best guitar player's I've seen
    The Who
    Pink Floyd the wall Long Island, wtf that was a long time ago.

wowzer.............YOU SAW JETHRO TULL!!! I am impressed.
    and The Who!
    AND PINK FLOYD???

yikes - you TOTALLY win in my book!!!
    :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:
  • lyricalLies13
    Options
    I have 2 because they are different types of music so they are....

LMFAO...seen them last month, never danced so hard in my life!

CrueFest...2008 or '09 cant remember amazing show, amazing bands met DJ Ashba good times
  • rushchic
    rushchic Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    In the early days I saw Pat Travers, AC/DC & Ted Nugent at one show... was hard of hearing for a week... but the best rock concert was Rush

Best other was Trans Siberian Orchestra... those people put on a frickin' show!

:happy:
  • Kyrosh
    Kyrosh Posts: 238
    Options
    Usher @ The O2 Arena in London!!
  • wantangbob
    wantangbob Posts: 22
    Options
    Hmm, there are too many to consider, however;

Napalm Death played at my local pub last year. It was an amazing gig as the audience was able to step onto the stage and dive off. It was simply brutal.

Richard Cheese @ HMV Forum was great. He was in the UK for the Sonisphere festival last year and played a set at the HMV Forum. He has a brilliant way of managing the audience, was brilliant

The Datsuns @ Shephards Bush Empire was one of my first gigs, and my hand managed to appear in the NME the following week
  • WarriorReady
    WarriorReady Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I can't decide!

Aaron Lewis- very small venue, up close and personal :)

Shinedown, Chevelle, Halestorm and Staind - got trashed and it was over 6 hours of madness!

Lady Antebellum - right against the stage and they set up for every song right in front of me!

This summer I'm going to see Miranda Lambert in July and Blake Shelton in August so we'll see if they can top the others! :happy:

So jealous! :happy:
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    The Wiggles '93 tour w/Mr. Stinky Feet. Man! I got sooo wasted!
  • jwshmoe75
    jwshmoe75 Posts: 119
    Options
    U2!!!!! In 1992 and 2009.
  • superpapa16
    superpapa16 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    2005 or 2006 saw Eric Clapton w/ Robert Randolph and The Family Band @ Key Arena in Seattle. Both acts were great. Best show I've ever seen and best overall concert experience.
  • rainwalkerSK
    Options
    Solo concert by Bobby McFerrin. Yes, that guy. One guy, barefoot, mike in hand, kept the audience spellbound. Amazing.

That would have been amazing. I'm jealous.
  • Par8hed4life
    Par8hed4life Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Jimmy Buffett. I have seen him 13 times in many different cities.
    Top two favorites: Irvine and San Diego!
  • Pollywog39
    Options
    The Wiggles '93 tour w/Mr. Stinky Feet. Man! I got sooo wasted!

them there WIGGLES will do that to a guy..................

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Shayztar
    Shayztar Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I have been to a ridiculous amount of concerts, it's impossible to pick just one. My faves have been:

Radiohead - Bends tour when I was 16.
    Woodstock 99 - still can't believe I did it sober, and with a raging fever of 104 from bronchitis.
    Tori Amos - every single one of her concerts. I've seen her front row and back row, and it doesn't matter. She's amazing.
    Pearl Jam - in Dallas. It was the first tailgate party I've ever been to. We don't have those in Toronto!
    Weezer - backstage passes? Awesome!
    Matthew Good - Seen him a million zillion times. I'd marry him if he'd let me. This one time I saw him in a tiny bar in London, Ontario. I passed out from the heat during the opening band, I caused a ruckus trying to get outside for air and water, and then ended up meeting his drummer who witnessed the whole thing.
    New Kids on the Block - 10th row of their reunion tour. Old NKOTB fans are insane.
  • embersfallen
    embersfallen Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Old guy alert!

I've been to hundreds of concerts but this gets the nod...

Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band at the CNE Grandstand in Toronto August 1978.

Pearl Jam was the last show I saw in Toronto before moving to the UK and they were excellent. They're headlining the Isle of Wight Festival (Saturday night) and I'm hoping I can find the cash for a ticket.

Old Lady Alert!

The Doobie Brothers, in 1977, without Michael McDonald......................when they did "Black Water", and mentioned our town (Duluth MN), the crowd went wild..............I was pregnant with my first child, and DID resist the doobie that floated by me a few times :wink: :wink:

Also enjoyed Seals & Croft at about the same time.................they were into their Bahá'í faith stage, though, and were a little too preachy, but GOOD music!

ROTFL! Polly, you nearly made me spit out my coffee crackin' up there..... ;) LOL!!!!

Forgot to add, Stryper as few years ago were actually pretty incredible. AMAZING musicians, played like they never missed a day...Michael Sweet's voice soared and wailed! And they have such incredible genuine hearts. I only went because my best friend was crazy about them as a kid but never got to go...man....the line was AWEFULLLLLL. One of the worst lines I've ever been in... first show at a new venue and they were NOT ready for that many people. LOL. But when we got inside and they started, I was incredibbly impressed.
  • Pollywog39
    Options

Old Lady Alert!

ROTFL! Polly, you nearly made me spit out my coffee crackin' up there..... ;) LOL!!!!

Forgot to add, Stryper as few years ago were actually pretty incredible. AMAZING musicians, played like they never missed a day...Michael Sweet's voice soared and wailed! And they have such incredible genuine hearts. I only went because my best friend was crazy about them as a kid but never got to go...man....the line was AWEFULLLLLL. One of the worst lines I've ever been in... first show at a new venue and they were NOT ready for that many people. LOL. But when we got inside and they started, I was incredibbly impressed.
    [/quote]

he he.......my bad................but glad you enjoyed it!!!

(THOSE were the days, my friend!)