Best concert you've ever been to

Options

Replies

• TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Elliott Smith at the Showbox in Seattle

:heart: !!!!!

Strange, as I've been listening to his songs all morning.

Total opposite spectrum of music, but the best show I've been to was MSI at a small club, maybe 100 fans at the venue. More personable that way, and I got to touch Urine's shoe :D
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    Michael Franti and Spearhead was absolutely incredible! He was so interactive and in the audience a lot and so much fun. Crazy fun hippy party.

I just saw him on Friday and it was probably the most fun I've ever had at a show. Dispatch at Red Rocks last summer is definitely in my top 5. Also Willie Nelson the many times I've seen him.

<---pic from Michael Franti at Red Rocks
  • bluegrasschica
    Options
    Michael Buble! He puts on an awesome show
  • laurenbausch
    laurenbausch Posts: 146
    Options
    July 12th, 2003 - Summer Sanitarium Tour at Veterans Stadium (RIP) in Philadelphia

>Metallica
    >Limp Bizkit
    >Linkin Park
    >Deftones
    >Mudvayne
    I LOVE Deftones!!!!
    So green with envy!!!

It was a fantastic show! Metallica put on an amazing show but between Linkin Park and Limp Bizkit, i don't know who put on the absolute best show of all bands. A great night for sure.
  • 17ChargerGirl17
    Options
    WOULD HAVE TO BE BETWEEN

SHINEDOWN AND RED
    OR
    KISS AND SKIDROW

ALTHOUGH IF YOURE A TESLA FAN. THEY ARE INCREDIBLE IN CONCERT!!!
  • KCoolBeanz
    KCoolBeanz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Rammstein! They were in my neck of the woods about a month ago, and it was insane. Tickets are pricey, but 100% worth it - I'd see them again any day.

Honorable mentions go to: Alice in Chains, Rise Against, and Volbeat. :-)
  • brittigno
    brittigno Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I won concert tickets to a Taylor Swift concert last September. Got pit passes. I was RIGHTTHERE by the stage.
    Ugh. It was so freakin' awesome. I had post-concert depression for like a month after that.

Also Flight 206 with Fall Out Boy. You could only win passes and I won them 3 days after my 18th birthday. It was great, except that Chicago had a major snowstorm and the concert was delayed a good 3 hours. Last time I saw them live before they went on "hiatus." :sad:
  • Assassins_Angel
    Options
    saw Nickelback live for their Dark Horse tour back in 2010!! i vowed i would see them again but i am missing out this year as the Netherlands gig was sold out within 30 mins of going on general sale :S
  • Charloo1990
    Charloo1990 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Christina Aguilera - Stripped tour. My god, her voice is amazing.
  • jazzedorange
    jazzedorange Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Areosmith
  • gombolyu
    gombolyu Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Jovanotti - on Sziget in 2006
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    WOULD HAVE TO BE BETWEEN

SHINEDOWN AND RED
    OR
    KISS AND SKIDROW

ALTHOUGH IF YOURE A TESLA FAN. THEY ARE INCREDIBLE IN CONCERT!!!

I'm seeing Scorpions and Tesla tonight at Red Rocks, WOOHOO!!!
  • 75Juniper
    75Juniper Posts: 376
    Options
    Flyleaf!
  • mommasox
    mommasox Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    AC/DC!
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Mumford and Sons or the Decemberists. I can never decide.
  • VeganPanda
    VeganPanda Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Metallica by far.

In a distant second is Bruce Springsteen.

:)
  • NYCDutchess
    NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    DIVA Concert
    Missy Elliot
    Beyonce
    Alycia Keys!!!
  • Docksider16
    Options
    Elton John.
    My best friend took me and we had awesome seats. I could see the patterns stitched into his shoes, we were so close.
  • embersfallen
    embersfallen Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I can't narrow it down to one ;)

Muse, Foo Fighters, Sunny Day Real Estate, The Myriad, and the Smashing Pumpkins were all incredible!

Some of my favorite musicians though... ones I have seen multiple concerts of, and will ALWAYS jump at the chance to see: 30 seconds To Mars, OURS/Jimmy Gnecco, Lovedrug, The Violet Burning..... EVERY concert by any of them has been amazing..... Also a musician who has not been out there for awhile but is currently recording... Brian McSweeney formerly of the bands Matthew and Seven Day Jesus. One of my favorite voices, from way back.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Been to almost 800 concerts in my life. There are many that were great for different reasons.

Biggest event -- California Jam (1974) or ZZ Top, Rory Gallagher, Edgar Winter, Johnny Winter, Rick Derringer, Ted Nugent (Together in 1976)

Best overall -- Steve Miller (2010)

Best Road Trip for a concert -- BOC, Sammy Hagar, CCRevisited, El Tri (approx 2005)

Very first Concert - BB King w/ Janis Joplin (late 60's)