Replies

• keandra08
    keandra08 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    GA!
  • Stringy1121
    Stringy1121 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Grand Bay, Alabama! right on the Gulf coast!! :)
  • dward2011
    dward2011 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    AL!! (although i am forced to live in MI for another year....) grumbles.....
  • minime2b
    minime2b Posts: 168
    Options
    OMG it's so funny when we go visit my family up north and my husband asks for sweet tea in a restaurant, and the waitress just gives him this blank dumbfounded look! And then proceeds to bring him a pot of hot tea, and a glass of ice!
    Um exactly where "up north" are you visiting? I live in Massachusetts and I don't think I've ever been to a restaurant that doesn't serve iced tea. They may not have it pre-sweetened but they will bring you sweetener for it.

Sweet Tea is sweetened while it is being brewed. Adding any sweetner after the fact, is not a true "sweet tea"
  • lefrye13
    lefrye13 Posts: 9
    Options
    Sweet Home Alabama! ROLL TIDE!! :)))
  • BriskisGrl
    BriskisGrl Posts: 461
    Options
    texas
  • aaycock02
    aaycock02 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    GA Girl!! GO DAWGS!!!!!
  • tappae
    tappae Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    By south I mean TX, LA, AR, KY, TN, MS, AL, GA, and FL. Just curious if we have any southerners on here...

What? VA, NC, and SC don't count? WTF?

Buahaha! I didn't even realize SC wasn't included when I posted... as it is ALWAYS included in the definition of the South... as is NC and VA...

I fixed it. SC is definitely included. VA and NC toe the line.

I challenge you to define "southern" in such a way as to include SC and NE GA without including Eastern NC; or that includes TN but not Western NC or SW VA. As for the rest of NC, just go to pretty much any restaurant at 12:30 on Sunday and tell me you're not in the South!
  • Rjdj3530
    Rjdj3530 Posts: 154
    Options
    Loosiana here.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    OMG it's so funny when we go visit my family up north and my husband asks for sweet tea in a restaurant, and the waitress just gives him this blank dumbfounded look! And then proceeds to bring him a pot of hot tea, and a glass of ice!
    Um exactly where "up north" are you visiting? I live in Massachusetts and I don't think I've ever been to a restaurant that doesn't serve iced tea. They may not have it pre-sweetened but they will bring you sweetener for it.

Sweet Tea is sweetened while it is being brewed. Adding any sweetner after the fact, is not a true "sweet tea"

And this is because the sweetner/sugar does not dissolve as well AFTER the brewing... especially when it's cold...

I may not like sweet tea myself (I'm more of a fruit flavored tea person).... but I sure can make it... ;-)
  • isaacs06
    isaacs06 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Um...is NC no longer considered the South? B/c I consider myself a born and raised proud Southerner.

It isn't SEC country, so I don't consider NORTH Carolina to be part of the south ;)

Oh snap...no you didn't.

Well...I don't consider South Florida to be the south b/c they're all a bunch of retired Canadians, but you included them on your list.

I guess I'll just eat my field peas and fatback with my other Tobacco Road friends.

You, my dear are my hero. And I am a Tobacco Road friend!!
  • smwifey
    smwifey Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Georgia girl here.
  • patricknsmith
    patricknsmith Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    L.A. (Lower Alabama) here. RTR!
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Wait, does Oklahoma not count as South?:frown:

Lol I thought we were southern also! Ha!

Nah... y'all say 'pop'... when you mean a coke... :wink:
  • gchutson
    gchutson Posts: 657
    Options

Testify.
  • RamTX22
    RamTX22 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    TEXAS
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Conway, Arkansas for 35 years! I still own land and a 4 bedroom home on a mountain top there. My entire family lives there. I live in Seattle now, but plan to return there when hubby retires...or sooner!
  • tkramh
    tkramh Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Onion Country, Southeast GA !!
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Texas native. I live in Cali now though. Also, both my parents are yankees, so I didn't have the most southern of upbringing. But I still say y'all and know coke means soda.
  • cuatromommy
    cuatromommy Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Sweating down in Texas!