Cottage cheese with...?

Options
123457»

Replies

• Pohudet
    Pohudet Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    You can just chop some parsley and press some fresh garlic and mix it with cottage cheese.
    You can also take some fresh red bell pepper, cut off the top, take out the seeds, and stuf the mixture of cottage cheese, garlic and parsley into the bell pepper.
  • pinklily905
    pinklily905 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I eat mine plain, or with sunflower seeds! Loads of great ideas here I'm going to try!
  • crazy_dimond
    Options
    chopped onion and cubed tomato and slices of avacoto, maybe some italan dressing

:smile: so good!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Just an FYI I discovered something new in the world of cottage cheese...2% reduced sodium with Sea Salt. OMG, best EVER!

I highly recommend it , Friendship's cottage cheese has only 50mg of sodium.
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    chopped onion and cubed tomato and slices of avacoto, maybe some italan dressing

:smile: so good!
    Have only tried fruit in mine or eons ago Saltines:blushing: , glad you shared your tip, will try it out this weekend. Always up for new ways to try healthier foods, particularly now that I've found a brand or two that have only a small amount of sodium. Plus the veggies you mentioned do sound tasty to add to it.:happy:

ETA::blushing: :bigsmile: What am I thinking... I toss some in my salads from time to time... guess it's been too long to remember so it must be time to do it again!
  • kazual02
    kazual02 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I eat cottage cheese w/ pinapple or w/ peach. It tastes really good u should try it =)
  • jayjenna
    jayjenna Posts: 3
    Options
    Pineapples
  • MernyMac
    MernyMac Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I buy cottage cheese that already has chives in it....I eat in on plain crackers or right out of the container....I love it !....I also buy one that has pineabpple already in it....I put that one on a toasted english muffin, and if I have them, I slice some fresh strawberries on top....really good for breakfast.
  • annebubbles
    annebubbles Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I am through with Cottage cheese! I have started a love affair with reduced fat ricotta cheese. It tastes SO MUCH BETTER!!!!
  • snugglebunny65
    snugglebunny65 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I place the cottage cheese in the blender until smooth and spread it on whole wheat bread toasted and then sprinkle with cinamon and equal.
  • Kathy53925
    Kathy53925 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    COTTAGE CHEESE - LIME JELLO SALAD
    1 (8 oz.) sm. curd cottage cheese
    1 sm. size lime Jello
    1 (6-8 oz.) can crushed pineapple
    1 (8 oz.) Cool Whip
    Nut chips, if desired
    Mix cottage cheese and lime Jello (dry). Add crushed pineapple (drain off all juice). Fold in Cool Whip and chill 1-2 hours before serving.

I also love peaches or pineapple mixed in.
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    I place the cottage cheese in the blender until smooth and spread it on whole wheat bread toasted and then sprinkle with cinamon and equal.
    mmm I've eaten on toast but never after tossing in the blender... super idea, can't wait to try it out:drinker:

Bet it would be delish blended and then add some fruit to the blender... wow, that sounds good. I think I'll make a point of trying that for breakfast in the a.m since I've got frozen pineapple and strawberries from TJ's in the freezer. nom nom nom

Anyone else feel CC really satisfies for quite awhile, imagine it's the protein.
  • GarthBear
    GarthBear Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    italian dressing, or just put on a salad.