Replies

• kierstin1976
    kierstin1976 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Just coffee, about 3 cups a day.
  • PicNic00
    PicNic00 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Hello My name is PicNic and I am a recovering caffiene addict. It's been 10 months since my last fully charged soda
  • jdploki70
    jdploki70 Posts: 343
    Options
    If I could mainline the stuff, I would. I'm usually on my third cup of coffee by now...
  • docktorfokse
    docktorfokse Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    "Addicted" seems to be a buzzword to me because people use it to describe non-addictive behaviors too often. I enjoy consuming caffeine products (often black tea and Monster Rehab drinks). I also like the fact that it's a stimulant that's both legal and weak enough to not make you run naked in the streets. I wouldn't call myself addicted, though.
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I :heart: my 2 cups of morning coffee...That is usually all I drink unless I am having a really sluggish day and then I will drink a cup of half caffeine/half non-caffeine just to pick me up somewhat...But only on occasion...I don't drink sodas at all - Diet or otherwise for years...I love tea but rarely drink it....My coffee is my main addiction plus the stuff I put in it as well...I have swapped all sugar for stevia/sugar mix for now...Slowly but surely...I just need to drink it black - Maybe someday???
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    coffee in the morning for me (or any time of the day really). I usually only have 2 cups a day, but if I don't have it, I get a huge headache and I am cranky. I've weaned myself off of coffee before, but life is better with it :)
  • deannajodouglass
    deannajodouglass Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I love caffeine, but from a fitness standpoint, there are some forms that are better than others. I have found that the crystal light energy, mio energy, or pretty much any energy drink that you add to WATER is the best way to go. Coffee can dehydrate you, so when you have it, its best to drink a bottle of water to counterbalance the effects. I was extremely addicted to coffee at the end of last year, drinking about 5-6 cups a day, so my new years resolution was to get rid of it. I replaced it with the crystal light energy and a diet full of fruits and vegetables, and i saw a difference almost immediately. I had much less joint pain when working out, more endurance, and my skin got a lot better too.
  • WilliamsPeggy
    WilliamsPeggy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Yes. I'm addicted.
  • spikefoot
    spikefoot Posts: 419
    Options
    I do better when I drink coffee. When I don't have it I start consuming other things.

I actually have lost almost 25 lbs while still keeping coffee in my diet.
  • findfan4ever
    findfan4ever Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    just curious how many people here drink a lot of caffeine during the day. Every since i have started dieting more and working out a lot, i need the energy. i have been drinking a lot more of those energy drinks, and taking caffeine pills. i love caffeine. any once else.

I pretty much stopped using caffeine and energy drinks like monster drinks. If I need a burst of energy, I will turn to water additives that are packed with B vitamins. The caffeine and, especially, the "so-called" energy drinks really wound me up.

Here is an article regarding too much caffeine:

http://www.livestrong.com/article/533519-what-are-the-dangers-of-caffeine-abuse/

Here are some articles on energy drinks:

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2012/03/22/dangers-energy-drinks/
    http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/01/health/01brody.html

I'm not trying to be a party pooper here, caffeine and high energy drinks are not needed to give energy. I find that if i am feeling sluggish at the beginning of my workout, that after several minutes of activity my energy level kicks up several notches and I am feeling much more energized.

There are just too many dangers in caffeine and energy drinks.
  • Nancy_AZ60
    Nancy_AZ60 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hello My name is PicNic and I am a recovering caffiene addict. It's been 10 months since my last fully charged soda

Congratulations 10 months is AWESOME !!
  • maddicrawf
    maddicrawf Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Yes! I survive on coffee. Normally I'll have about two or three cups in the morning before I leave my apartment and then about two medium or large coffees from Starbucks throughout the day. I've been cutting back recently though, partially because I want to drink more water and partially because I've been broke. I haven't been experiencing too many problems with cutting back though, I have my workouts and fruit in the morning so that's been giving me a good amount of energy to get through my day. I can't give it up entirely though, I need my coffee. =)
  • labellavitaxo
    Options
    i washed down a phentermine today with coffee and then a 16oz zero carb red bull!

Just a bit addicted...

I do the exact same thing. Do you think we're gonna regret this later on? Lol.
  • chikkenlikken
    chikkenlikken Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I drink black coffee several times a day, and I am not giving it up! Coffee is why I get up in the morning!
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    I used to live on Monster