Looking Good For Christmas - WEEK 5

Options

Replies

• Iffer75
    Iffer75 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    I missed weigh in last week. I was EXCITED to get on the scale this am. I am down 5lbs.:noway: That now puts me at 164 lbs.yipeee!! Now to be really good camping for the next 4 days so I don't gain anything back!!

Good job, keep up the great work. :bigsmile:
  • RecliningFigure
    RecliningFigure Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Happy Thursday and I hope you are all having a good week. Have steady faith in yourself and you can do anything, it just takes time.

Anyway, I am excited today because I reached my first 20lbs lost today and I have already surpassed my goal of being 235 lbs by my birthday next week. I weighed in today at 233.4 having started at 253.4 on June 26th. Woohoo!!!!

I am on vacation next week thank goodness so I can get more active and hopefully drop a couple more, maybe even make it into the 220's. I work a desk job during the week and sit at a computer for 8 hours a day so it is hard to be active during the week.

Well, take care and be good to yourselves!!

Tammy

A big congrats!!!! Just in time for a fun filled birthday.
  • annerssju
    annerssju Posts: 111
    Options
    Start Date July 15 - Starting weight 182.5 lbs.
    Week 1 July 22 - 180lbs
    Week 2 July 29 - 179lbs.

Week 3 August 5- 177 lbs.
    Week 4 August 12 - 176 lbs.
    Week 5 August 19
    Week 6 August 26

Week 7 September 2 Labor Day is Monday
    Week 8 September 9
    Week 9 September 16
    Week 10 September 23
    Week 11 September 30

Week 12 October 7 Canadian Thanksgiving is on Monday
    Week 13 October 14 .
    Week 14 October 21
    Week 15 October 28

Week 16 November 4
    Week 17 November 11
    Week 18 November 18
    Week 19 November 25 American Thanksgiving is Tomorrow!

Week 20 December 2
    Week 21 December 9
    Week 22 December 16
    Week 23 December 23 Christmas Eve is Tomorrow!
    My goal is to be 150lbs. by Xmas!!

My progress is slow but steady.... I haven't been so good lately - had my best friend's wedding this past weekend and drank a lot, so I'm glad I still got down a pound!! Just gotta keep with MFP, I know it works!
  • RecliningFigure
    Options
    So this morning I'm back down to 137.5 which makes me feel better. How could the weight difference be that much. I weighed 141 at the beginning of the week, and now back to 137.5? I thought it was TOM, but it didn't come (although I was ravenous on Tuesday, and had terrible backaches - a sure sign for me that TOM has come beside the fact that the calendar says it was time). Now all the symptoms are gone, and still no TOM. No I'm not pregnant, 10 years of trying but failing will cure anyone of thinking that. Besides, my husband pulled his groin so none of that going on until he is recovered.

Has that happened to anyone, have all the symptoms of TOM but not actually have it?
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Good Morning! Good ol' weigh in day :laugh:

Start Date July 15 - 172
    Week 1 July 22 - 172
    Week 2 July 29 - 170.5
    Week 3 August 5 - 170
    Week 4 August 12 - 164 (new scale)

I got a new scale the other day and there is a 3 pound difference between the new one and the one I used to use at my parents. Now, it was very fun this morning to get on and see a 6 pound loss :laugh: but in reality, it was 3 pounds! :bigsmile: But, I am still extremely happy about that! It is my biggest loss in a week so far, and I have no clue how I did it! Oh well, I will see what the numbers say next week to see if it was real!

Hope everyone has a great day! :flowerforyou: :smile: :drinker:

That is great, keep up the good work. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    need to stop playing with the mid 180's and get into the 170's

I know exactly what you mean. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Hi everybody. I lost another pound. I am really excited about about that. I am having a little trouble sticking to my diet as of late. It has been challenging for me. I gave up yesterday and ate some horribly unhealthy Chinese food that was probably full of sodium and sugar. I can say one thing though, I only felt stuffed after eating about half of the chinese food. Before I could have scarfed the whole thing down before I felt full. So that is good. I am also having serious problems with fatigue. I don't think that these are due to the diet because I have had these problems for quite a while now. I am just about sick of being tired all of the time. No normal person should have to sleep for 10 hours at night and still feel tired and foggy. Sorry for the venting. I am so happy to see such great progress for so many of you.
    I need to workout this week. I am having a great deal of difficulty finding the energy to workout.

Look at it this way. You have lost 7 pounds, that is fantastic. I definetly understand how you feel about exercise, but even if you do just 10 mins it is better than nothing and more than likely if you do 10 mins you will not want to stop and think of how you will feel afterward. You can do this and we are all here for you. Keep up the good work. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Start Date July 15 - Starting weight 242.4 lbs.
    Week 1 July 22 - 240 (-2.4)
    Week 2 July 29 – 239.4 (-0.6)
    Week 3 August 5 - 235.8 (-3.6)
    Week 4 August 12 - 233.8 (-2.0)

Total: -8.6

Wow, those are fantastic results. Keep up the great work. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    So I didn't do as well as I hoped for today, I went over on my calories by a few hundred. I went for a run today and ended up walking most of it. My thighs are hurting and slightly swollen, TOM comes tomorrow, and my feet are all blistered. I was super hungry all day and feel like eatting a bunch of cookies and ice cream. I think it would be best to have a glass of water and then go to bed. This is my 4th day of being serious about getting healthy and I am not seeing any results :grumble:

I am just so frustrated and quickly losing motivation. Thanks for listening!!

Don't give up after just a few days. You need to give your body time. Give it a month and you will be suprised on how you are doing. That is why everyone fails. You are expecting this to happen today, but remember that you did not gain the weight overnite you are not going to lose it overnite. Hang in there, you will soon start to see the results.
  • Iffer75
    Options
    I am hoping for real progress this week, too. I feel a bit like I have fallen off the wagon. I have been logging but I know I need to watch my fruits and vegies more and shape up my diet avoiding the processed stuff. Sometimes it really is hard when you are tired and really hungry. Time to plan ahead!

Planning ahead is a great way to keep with your good food choices. Good for you for planning ahead. :bigsmile:
  • datenshi
    datenshi Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday All!!!

Well I got a busy week ahead of me even though I am on vacation as of tomorrow. Tomorrow is my daughter's birthday and she will be turning 11 and since I am the one carried her for 9.5 months and gave birth to her, I am treating myself to getting my hair done (dyed in varying shades of brown and black). Part of her present this year was that she got to go to an educational day camp for 5 weeks. She enjoyed it since they are high on the edutainment factor while still learning something valuable. Got her some clothes, the DVD '17 Again', and a cell phone (that can only dial 6 phone numbers that I program into it). Since she is pretty spoiled this year we aren't having a big party, just a small family BBQ.

We are also going to go visit my sister out of town for a couple of days, pull up all our patio stones and redo the patio, my birthday is on Thursday, build a shed, switch all my files and software to my new computer, hopefully go hiking a couple of times... and the list goes on.

With all that activity I hope to lose at least a few lbs that week...lol.

Well, take care and have a great weekend!!!

Tammy
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    Good Morning ... IT'S FRIDAY!!!!! So as you know I was planning a killer hike to the beat of some groovy new tunes on my iPod on Wednesday night but then my DH said as I was about to leave ... "If you wait 'til I'm done eating I can walk with you". Well who am I to discourage him from getting some exercise right? It's so interesting walking with him ... it's like being with a child with ADD. We've lived in the Niagara Region for all of my life (and he's been here for a good 40 years) and when I walk with him it's like he's never seen it before. I love it ...he's always "Hey, look at this, isn't that nice?" or "How cool is that?". Needless to say, the hike that usually takes me about 40 minutes took almost an hour and a half. But you know what? According to my new fangled HRM I burned the same amount of calories anyway ... it was the same distance but it took longer to get it done ... so I now know that I can leisurely lose some calories once in a while so I can stop and smell the roses. Last night I finally got out and hoofed it to the iPod ... very high energy and so much fun. Well, I best get back to my job before they fire my tookus ... have an awesome day all.

hey-its-friday.gif
  • StartingOver
    Options
    Do you all mind if I join in? :blushing:
  • datenshi
    datenshi Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Do you all mind if I join in? :blushing:

Welcome to the group!!! I love your kitty picture... that is so cute.

Take care,
    Tammy
  • sjmay
    sjmay Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday!

maggie - I always love your glittery graphics.. they are so cheery :happy:

derocco- I hope you have a great vacation - it sounds like you are going to be very busy! And happy early birthday to you! :flowerforyou:

I had a great start to the morning. I've had a pulled muscle in my neck the last two days, so I was unable to go for my run in the mornings :grumble: I couldn't believe how much worse my day seems to start off if I don't get my run in. It's like I just can't get my butt into gear! Anywho, had a great run this morning. It was nice and cool, and I was even up extra early for it :bigsmile:

I hope everyone has a great day and a wonderful weekend! :flowerforyou: :smile: :drinker:
  • StartingOver
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome!!

First official weigh-in:

Week 1: 172.4 lbs

First day of healthy eating .. it's amazing how many calories are in things you thought were low cal...:grumble:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Happy Friday All!!!

Well I got a busy week ahead of me even though I am on vacation as of tomorrow. Tomorrow is my daughter's birthday and she will be turning 11 and since I am the one carried her for 9.5 months and gave birth to her, I am treating myself to getting my hair done (dyed in varying shades of brown and black). Part of her present this year was that she got to go to an educational day camp for 5 weeks. She enjoyed it since they are high on the edutainment factor while still learning something valuable. Got her some clothes, the DVD '17 Again', and a cell phone (that can only dial 6 phone numbers that I program into it). Since she is pretty spoiled this year we aren't having a big party, just a small family BBQ.

We are also going to go visit my sister out of town for a couple of days, pull up all our patio stones and redo the patio, my birthday is on Thursday, build a shed, switch all my files and software to my new computer, hopefully go hiking a couple of times... and the list goes on.

With all that activity I hope to lose at least a few lbs that week...lol.

Well, take care and have a great weekend!!!

Tammy

Sounds like you have a busy week ahead of you. Enjoy your vaca. Happy Birthday to you and your daughter.:bigsmile:
  • RecliningFigure
    Options
    Good Morning ... IT'S FRIDAY!!!!! So as you know I was planning a killer hike to the beat of some groovy new tunes on my iPod on Wednesday night but then my DH said as I was about to leave ... "If you wait 'til I'm done eating I can walk with you". Well who am I to discourage him from getting some exercise right? It's so interesting walking with him ... it's like being with a child with ADD. We've lived in the Niagara Region for all of my life (and he's been here for a good 40 years) and when I walk with him it's like he's never seen it before. I love it ...he's always "Hey, look at this, isn't that nice?" or "How cool is that?". Needless to say, the hike that usually takes me about 40 minutes took almost an hour and a half. But you know what? According to my new fangled HRM I burned the same amount of calories anyway ... it was the same distance but it took longer to get it done ... so I now know that I can leisurely lose some calories once in a while so I can stop and smell the roses. Last night I finally got out and hoofed it to the iPod ... very high energy and so much fun. Well, I best get back to my job before they fire my tookus ... have an awesome day all.

hey-its-friday.gif

I love it that you and your hubby went for a walk tgether. Couldn't get my DH to actually do it (although he likes the idea). There is always an excuse, well the excuse right now is a pretty good one: pulled groin. But let's put it this way, he won't let me cancel him on our gym membership, and I've been paying for his membership for about three years now. I think he went twice in the first month-no exaggeration.
  • Iffer75
    Options

hey-its-friday.gif

It is nice that he wanted to take a walk with you. Glad you enjoyed it.
    Have a great walk tonite with your IPod. Have a wonderful weekend. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Happy Friday!

maggie - I always love your glittery graphics.. they are so cheery :happy:

derocco- I hope you have a great vacation - it sounds like you are going to be very busy! And happy early birthday to you! :flowerforyou:

I had a great start to the morning. I've had a pulled muscle in my neck the last two days, so I was unable to go for my run in the mornings :grumble: I couldn't believe how much worse my day seems to start off if I don't get my run in. It's like I just can't get my butt into gear! Anywho, had a great run this morning. It was nice and cool, and I was even up extra early for it :bigsmile:

I hope everyone has a great day and a wonderful weekend! :flowerforyou: :smile: :drinker:

Glad you are doing better and able to get out for your run. Have a fabulous Friday!!! :bigsmile: