chocolate covered zombie elves (questions only)

Replies

• MissyJessy
    MissyJessy Posts: 1,279 Member
    can i go home now?
  • garnetsms
    garnetsms Posts: 10,018 Member
    doesn't that sound like a plan?

Is everyone else at home?
  • PomegranatePriestess
    PomegranatePriestess Posts: 2,455 Member
    MJ, did you ease your son's anxiety by explaining what he should do if he gets seperated from his father in Disneyland?
  • MissyJessy
    we did discuss it yes. Luckily my roomate is a police officer so he knows what a police officers uniform looks like and security is fairly similar so he knows that is who he is to go look for.

Im going to try to find a picture of the building he would be taken too and a picture of security. he is going with his dads entire family so there is lots of people to keep an eye on him and he isnt one to wander off... however his grandma is a lot like me and terrified that something could happen to him and keeps a very tight grip on him (figuratively as well as literally)

There isnt much to cure my anxiety though... thinking about him being gone for that long makes me tear up... :(

i have never been to disneyland... i went to Europa park back in the day before we moved to Canada.

would you believe that i have almost run out of questions? or that my brain just isnt functioning properly?
  • garnetsms
    Did you know I got to go to Disneyland as a kid, thanks to my grandmother? We drove all the way from KY to CA, with a family visit in AR. We had a really good time. I want to take my boys to Disneyworld someday. Brandon has family in FL so it is more likely we would go there than to CA.

It sounds like your son will be in good hands. No need to fret MJ!
  • PomegranatePriestess
    You know, if he doesn't see security or an officer, he could also tell any of the Disney Characters that are walking around?

My Throwback Thursday photo from last week was me with Robin Hood at Disney World in Florida... did you see it?
  • bigphatcat
    bigphatcat Posts: 7,843 Member
    You know, if he doesn't see security or an officer, he could also tell any of the Disney Characters that are walking around?

My Throwback Thursday photo from last week was me with Robin Hood at Disney World in Florida... did you see it?

Can I say there was more than one fox in that picture?
  • PomegranatePriestess
    Can I say there was more than one fox in that picture?

Awww, how do you always know the right thing to say?
  • MikeyD1280
    MikeyD1280 Posts: 5,257
    Is Greg the sweetest Pirate in the world?
  • MissyJessy
    Im sure he will be just fine :) Im really excited for him! Thanks for the advice Pom i will also discuss that with him as well.

Did you know that i am terrified of mascots? have been since i was a baby..
  • MikeyD1280
    MikeyD1280 Posts: 5,257
    Did you ever find out why you are?
  • MissyJessy
    not a clue.... i think it has to do with not being able to see their reactions.... im usually a pretty good judge of character and can read most people pretty easily... maybe thats why... maybe it stems from my OCD or need to try to control everything....?

who knows.. i just avoid them :)
  • garnetsms
    Does anyone know what causes claustrophobia?
  • PomegranatePriestess
    Im sure he will be just fine :) Im really excited for him! Thanks for the advice Pom i will also discuss that with him as well.

Did you know that i am terrified of mascots? have been since i was a baby..

Can you believe I used to be one?

The local roller rink always had one of the members of the advanced skating club dress up as "Brown Bear" for the kids on Saturday morning... can't you just imagine me inside the Brown Bear costume? :laugh:
  • garnetsms
    Like Smokey the Bear? I remember someone would dress up like him for fire safety awareness when I was a kid.
  • MissyJessy
    Did you know i was horribly clausterphobic when i was pregnant? remember almost fainting on a bus once.

Now the only time i get clausterphobic is if im cuddling with someone and i cant get "cold air" lol i get a little panicky
  • garnetsms
    Do you know how nice it is to know I'm not alone in this?

I am not fond of crowded elevators, or being on there for very long...

I have to have a little cold air too when cuddling...

I'm not fond of crowds, or lines...

It's not often that I feel like I can't breath, but it has happened. Mostly, I just get extremely anxious....some people are very understanding, others, not so much.
  • MissyJessy
    i was told my fear of not having air or what ever it is stems from almost drowning as a child.

Do you have any idea where your fear stems from?
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Does anyone know what causes claustrophobia?
    Seems to be either inherent, physiological or conditioned (or all of these):
    e.g people who react to confined spaces and have no history of conditioned response (an event in early life such as being stuck or locked in a constricting space [?as a punishment, for example] or otherwise confined against their will.) have sometimes been found to have a smaller amygdala than average.
    or
    It is also a potentially useful survival response that may be overdeveloped in some people.

What triggers claustrophobia is an alternative interpretation of your question - a feeling of helplessness, loss of control - it does not have to be in a confined space, it is the anxiety of being unable to escape, so could be a queue for a supermarket check-out or a bank teller.

Could it be a bit like the difference between things getting us down (a bit) and 'clinical depression'?

i.e. Do we all get such feelings from time to time but sometimes people are unable to cope and the feelings get control of the person rather than vice versa?
  • garnetsms
    i was told my fear of not having air or what ever it is stems from almost drowning as a child.

Do you have any idea where your fear stems from?

No, I don't. Have you ever heard of someone being hypnotized to find out?

I've been told that as a small child I was locked in a room, but I do not remember it. A family member told me about it.

It is sad to say, but there are many parts of my childhood that have been "blocked" from my memory. It is quite ironic how some pictures bring some of them back and other pictures just make me angry and I don't even know why.