chocolate covered zombie elves (questions only)

Options

Replies

• hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Yes, you!

Did you ever answer my question about your opinion on veneers? If so, I didn't see it.
    I must have missed it, sorry. Laboratory constructed porcelain veneers are generally bad news in my experience. Some have work fantastically well for years but if they fail only a crown will repair the situation - in which case, who pays (Me or the patient)? . These days I can achieve an acceptable, inexpensive result using composite resin which, although it will need resurfacing in about 5 years (3 years for a smoker) , it is infinitely re-doable since the resin will bond to itself. Thus the composite will not need to be stripped off back to enamel surface. The initial acid-etch bond between the material and the enamel surface is not compromised as it would be with a failed porcelain veneer. Can you re-send the specific original question please - e.g what outcome is the desired improvement?
  • avlama
    avlama Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    is anyones else at work and hating it?
  • hughtwalker
    Options
    If I said that I wasn't but wouldn't be if I was, would you be annoyed?
  • lisa28115
    lisa28115 Posts: 17,271 Member
    Options
    Didn't you know you can't annoy us Hugh ???
  • hughtwalker
    Options
    May I have some snow please?
  • garnetsms
    garnetsms Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    Yes, you!

Did you ever answer my question about your opinion on veneers? If so, I didn't see it.
    I must have missed it, sorry. Laboratory constructed porcelain veneers are generally bad news in my experience. Some have work fantastically well for years but if they fail only a crown will repair the situation - in which case, who pays (Me or the patient)? . These days I can achieve an acceptable, inexpensive result using composite resin which, although it will need resurfacing in about 5 years (3 years for a smoker) , it is infinitely re-doable since the resin will bond to itself. Thus the composite will not need to be stripped off back to enamel surface. The initial acid-etch bond between the material and the enamel surface is not compromised as it would be with a failed porcelain veneer. Can you re-send the specific original question please - e.g what outcome is the desired improvement?

The original question was only asking what your experiance and opinion was with veneers.

Can I tell you that I was not told when the veneers were put in that they would need to be redone in 5 years? And when one of them broke, he was not going to replace it at his cost; therefore I have not had it fixed? I am not looking forward to my next dentist visit because I've had these about 10 years now, and no money to replace them. Hopefully he can repair the broken one.
    The desired outcome is easy, I want a beautiful, evenly white smile and one with no decays. (I think I've got on in the back) :v(
  • garnetsms
    Options
    Didn't you know you can't annoy us Hugh ???

Can I second this?
  • MissyJessy
    MissyJessy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    May I have some snow please?

how would you like me to send it to you? you can have all of it
  • garnetsms
    Options
    Wouldn't it melt before it got there?
  • MissyJessy
    Options
    lol possibly.... well then he can have canadian water.... isnt that just as good?
  • garnetsms
    Options
    I suppose. But would he agree?
  • hughtwalker
    Options
    gurgle gurgle gasp gloooop?
  • MissyJessy
    Options
    huh?
  • garnetsms
    Options
    Is that so Hugh? LOL
  • lisa28115
    lisa28115 Posts: 17,271 Member
    Options
    Are you guys drowning Hugh ???
  • hughtwalker
    Options
    Can't I have just enough to build an Ig?
  • garnetsms
    Options
    What, Hugh?
  • MissyJessy
    Options
    an igloo lol

and yes yes you can... you can have all the snow from my yard... no promises that there wont be any dog poop in it...

is that ok?
  • garnetsms
    Options
    Oh! Am I slow or what today?
  • hughtwalker
    Options
    If I just built an IG wouldn't the poop be outside in the outdoor loo?