chocolate covered zombie elves (questions only)

Options

Replies

• MikeyD1280
    MikeyD1280 Posts: 5,257
    Options
    would the fact that I got her EVERYTHING on her xmas list plus a 5th gen Ipod help me with that? Could going to the Hibachi on Sunday, took her to buy shoes yesterday and out to Red Lobster help me out too?

Aww, do you know that would be more than enough in my book? Go get your watch Mikey!!

Can I call BS? I am not saying this in a negative way I am just saying the way that most women think. Women want to be treated special on certain days, not just a gift, but a thoughtful gift that shows that you care. Even if they verbally give you the pass it's not okay. I know from experience....It's okay until a couple of weeks later

Do you know that I agree with you Greg? I bought myself a backwards compatible ps3 and she was all mad, so can I say that I agree with your assessment?

also, do youthink that I should get the watch and not tell her? :devil:
  • garnetsms
    garnetsms Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    Can I tell you that you are correct Greg? Can I also add that I do not get to go to nice restraurants like that very often (mostly for my birthday and maybe mother's day) so for me to get to go for my birthday...it is a treat and very much appreciated? Yes, I would have liked for Billy, mom and dad to have come up with something more creative, but I have been taught to be grateful for what I have. The company was well worth it. Gifts are nice, but this girl loves for others to make TIME for her. I will not comment later about not getting anything else for my birthday....besides Valentine's Day is coming too. :smile:
  • garnetsms
    Options
    would the fact that I got her EVERYTHING on her xmas list plus a 5th gen Ipod help me with that? Could going to the Hibachi on Sunday, took her to buy shoes yesterday and out to Red Lobster help me out too?

Aww, do you know that would be more than enough in my book? Go get your watch Mikey!!

Can I call BS? I am not saying this in a negative way I am just saying the way that most women think. Women want to be treated special on certain days, not just a gift, but a thoughtful gift that shows that you care. Even if they verbally give you the pass it's not okay. I know from experience....It's okay until a couple of weeks later

Do you know that I agree with you Greg? I bought myself a backwards compatible ps3 and she was all mad, so can I say that I agree with your assessment?

Can I tell you that will not end well for you if you do that?

Mikey, does she know you have been looking for a nice watch? If so, maybe she will understand.
  • bigphatcat
    bigphatcat Posts: 7,843 Member
    Options

Can I say Hell Yeah....You really only have to hide it for a couple of weeks....So It's not a lie....You didn't tell her right away....lol
  • garnetsms
    Options
    Can I just shake my head?
  • MikeyD1280
    Options
    do you know that I have a strong feeling that she may buy it for me?

Think I should wait until after valentines day?
  • garnetsms
    Options
    Sounds like you are onto something there Mikey.

Do you think Greg didn't believe me; therefore did not comment on my response? You didn't either.
  • MikeyD1280
    Options
    are you referring to the part about hiding it? Isn't it something that I would have to go through such measures being that it is my money?

Should I clarify and say that she is the reason why I have money? The fact that she makes me think how I spend my money a good indication that she is truly awesome?
  • garnetsms
    Options
    You are a blessed man, Mikey!! I'm sure you already know that don't you?

I was referring to the part where I agreed with Greg, but stated as an unmaterialistic woman, dinner and time spent would also be plenty for me.
  • MikeyD1280
    Options
    You are a blessed man, Mikey!! I'm sure you already know that don't you?

I was referring to the part where I agreed with Greg, but stated as an unmaterialistic woman, dinner and time spent would also be plenty for me.

can I say that my girl is the same? Can I say she is far from materialistic and that is why I like doing things for her?
  • garnetsms
    Options
    May I share with you that it makes me sad how some women treat their men? It's women like that, that give us a bad rap.
  • MikeyD1280
    Options
    she is great ya know?
  • garnetsms
    Options
    Ya know, you two should like you make the perfect pair?
  • Beastx10
    Options
    WHAT is going on in here??
  • garnetsms
    Options
    Can't you see, it's a discussion about watches, and women?
  • lisa28115
    lisa28115 Posts: 17,271 Member
    Options
    what about women ???
  • garnetsms
    Options
    The discussion was about whether or not Mikey should purchase his watchso close to his SO's birthday OR if he should purchase it and hide it. He dazzled her quite a bit, so IMO she should understand and there shouldn't be a need to hide it, nor should he hide it from her; Greg did not agree.

What do you think?

*Mikey did state later that she may purchase it for him, so he would wait.
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    I am not at all at ease with this need for subterfuge. If I needed a watch I would choose it with my wife and buy it and show it to her as soon as it arrived. Her birthday would be a totally separate issue and proximity to that date would not be relevant - but in fact when my watch broke it was she who bought a watch and surprised me with it even though it was neither of us celebrating (yet) another birthday. Is it a problem?
  • garnetsms
    Options
    Can I tell you that I think that was sweet of her?
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    If I wear my FT40M as a watch instead will she be cross and will I look pretentious?