chocolate covered zombie elves (questions only)

Options

Replies

• chosengiver
    chosengiver Posts: 1,493
    Options
    how are my ccze pals?
  • garnetsms
    garnetsms Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    Doing well today!! How are you Krystal?
  • bigphatcat
    bigphatcat Posts: 7,843 Member
    Options
    GOOD MORNING!!!! How are Y'all especially my SoCo?:heart:
  • garnetsms
    Options
    Your SoCo is doing OK today!! She is trying to decide if she should drive to Owenboro (1 hr away) for the football scrimmage game tonight or wait to support her some at the first (local game) next Friday. What should I do?
  • bigphatcat
    Options
    I would go. you wouldn't want to miss something spectacular would you? Dinner out tonight? I travelled to all my stepson's travelling teams games...but that was just me...didn't want to miss something spectacular.
  • garnetsms
    Options
    You know what? I totally agree with you! My son is such a wonderful kid (and I'm not just saying that). He said last night when I mentioned I wouldn't be going "I just realized, tomorrow would be the first time I didn't have my own cheering section" That has weighed on my mind all day. He's worth every mile, every gallon of gas, and every late night...for the next four years...

As far as eating out, don't know yet...but probably.

On a side note...this is a Varsity game (he is a freshman). Coach told him he would be third string tight end and probably would get more playing time than just 4th quarter (which is what the freshman boys will be playing). He's worth it either way.
  • bigphatcat
    Options
    do you know the impotance of being there for his first "lettered" game? Do you know that in football spectacular things even happen in the fourth quarter. I knew you would go...just the kind of person you are.

Have I told you that I am treating my stepson as my son from now on? I have always let room for his biological father to be his "dad", but lately I don't see much of it. It has been 7 years and it's too long. Now I'm gonna be his "dad"
  • DawnVanSlim
    DawnVanSlim Posts: 10,471
    Options
    Aww Pirate, did u know that almost brought a tear to my eye? Did you know I consider my stepdad my real dad?

Shiela, can I chime in and say I think u should go also?
  • bigphatcat
    Options
    ya know I think it is long overdue? He's a good kid :smile:
  • garnetsms
    Options
    Pirate, do you know how much that touches my heart? Every boy needs a good role model; I have no doubt you have been that for him. It is sad that his father doesn't want to be that for him. How blessed is this young man to have you in his life?

I guess one reason I am so amazed by my son is because he COULD have been a statistic. His father played no role in his life till 3 yrs before he died and it wasn't even much then due to his illness, but my son was comforted by knowing he was there. Brandon looks at it all as a reason to be a better man. He loves his dad, but he does NOT want to follow in his footsteps. Every tackle, every touchdown, everything good grade, in everything he knows his father is watching!!!
  • bigphatcat
    Options
    Thank you Sheila, How blesed am I ? I wanted to mention that his father has not abandoned him, still sees him, but does not go that extra step, that extra mile or the extra time. That's not what being a "dad" is>
  • mandipandi75
    mandipandi75 Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    Who's my daddy?
  • bigphatcat
    Options
    you looking for one?
  • WhiskeyCity
    WhiskeyCity Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    How much do you love Big Papa?
  • bigphatcat
    Options
    hey Whiskey, did you read back and see that you were missed yesterday?
  • mandipandi75
    mandipandi75 Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    Can I come back after my meeting? Promise to answer all questions. ;)
  • bigphatcat
    Options
    youre always welcome Mandi. Do you promise to phrase you answers in a question?
  • garnetsms
    Options
    How much do you love Big Papa?

Where have you been? Yeah, if you go back to see what you missed yesterday, have your red pen ready. hehehe
  • garnetsms
    Options
    hey Whiskey, did you read back and see that you were missed yesterday?

Do you think he passed out with all that mess from yesterday?

Hey Mandi!!! You know we'll be here when you get back, right?
  • bigphatcat
    Options
    do you think he is barking at the screen Like I suggested?