chocolate covered zombie elves (questions only)

Options

Replies

• bigphatcat
    bigphatcat Posts: 7,843 Member
    Options
    would I trade 10 times my money for twice as much sex? It's an equation from hell!
  • MIchelleH2027
    MIchelleH2027 Posts: 1,239 Member
    Options
    Can you guess who got the "Player of the Week" award today? Here is a hint, he kinda looks like me!!!!
  • bigphatcat
    Options
    are you gonna tell me that it was your son? How old is he?
  • MIchelleH2027
    Options
    Would you believe that he is sixteen? Did you know that he started watching and wanting to play when he was only three? When I found out that they did in fact have hockey for kids that young, I signed him up, and we never looked back. He was almost 4 at that time, It started in November and he turned four in January. Took to it like a fish to water as they say. Who would think that a 3-year-old knows anything about what they want to do huh?? He started and lettered HS as an 8th grader and got invited to try out for a NAHL team. He did well at the tryout but they said he was still too young, only 15 at the time. So why did they send him an invitation and/or why are the tryouts open to someone so young? Anyway....More than you wanted to know huh?

I don't get to brag on my son very often in my real life or on my FB because it is always a touchy subject and makes the haters come out in full force. People actually quit and pulled their kids from the team because they let an 8th grader start. Don't tell them to practice more and work harder to earn that spot back or get better so he would get benched instead, just QUIT cuz that will help you out in the real world and when you are older!! Geesh! But, small town, what are you gonna do?
  • AwesomeMoJo
    AwesomeMoJo Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Michelle.. I think it is awesome that your son does so well and he loves the sport...Don't worry about those haters...their kids will learn the hard way that you gotta work for what you want. it won't just fall into your lap....

I miss you guys...you all always cheer me up....

Also...can we all send Dawn positive energy today?? (Its the Warrior Dash)
  • bigphatcat
    Options
    did you know I actually like the bragging? I have two kids myself. I love to hear about others kids in sports. Do you think He'll play for the Fighting Sioux? I went to UMass Lowell. Played against them the year we finished in the top ten. Not me I just went to the games. Hockey in New England!
  • willy0524
    willy0524 Posts: 1,897
    Options
    Would you believe that he is sixteen? Did you know that he started watching and wanting to play when he was only three? When I found out that they did in fact have hockey for kids that young, I signed him up, and we never looked back. He was almost 4 at that time, It started in November and he turned four in January. Took to it like a fish to water as they say. Who would think that a 3-year-old knows anything about what they want to do huh?? He started and lettered HS as an 8th grader and got invited to try out for a NAHL team. He did well at the tryout but they said he was still too young, only 15 at the time. So why did they send him an invitation and/or why are the tryouts open to someone so young? Anyway....More than you wanted to know huh?

I don't get to brag on my son very often in my real life or on my FB because it is always a touchy subject and makes the haters come out in full force. People actually quit and pulled their kids from the team because they let an 8th grader start. Don't tell them to practice more and work harder to earn that spot back or get better so he would get benched instead, just QUIT cuz that will help you out in the real world and when you are older!! Geesh! But, small town, what are you gonna do?

did you know I had my son and daughter skating when they were both 5 yrs old? son was a little afraid but he's now a Dr. and my daughter excelled all the way to HS. she's a nurse. did you know that they still have little league politics in college?
  • MIchelleH2027
    Options
    Thank you all!! I am very proud of him! I don't know where he will go or where he will play. At least I hope he will get play somewhere!! After all this time and all this money....Do you know how pissy I will be if I don't get some help with college in some form?? LOL Her would prefer not UND…more Denver or Michigan. May I say….He will go wherever and with whomever will take him??? May I admit that I don’t know what I should be doing or how to go about “marketing” him for such things? I would appreciate any help or advice anyone has.

My daughter plays golf and is a real good swimmer. But she is more book smart and the kindest soul I know. Since kindergarten she has been taking care of special needs kids in her class, the teachers would always bring it up at conference time. She has medical issues that dictate her activities. Do you know what osteogenesis imperfecta is? It is a mild case, type 1, but we have spent much time in hospitals and doctoring. Wouldn’t you know that she wants to be a doctor or surgeon, for kids with skeletal problems when she grows up? Would you know that when we talk we use medical terms for all the muscles and bones?
  • MIchelleH2027
    Options

did you know I had my son and daughter skating when they were both 5 yrs old? son was a little afraid but he's now a Dr. and my daughter excelled all the way to HS. she's a nurse. did you know that they still have little league politics in college?

Wouldn't you know that the first day, my whole family, parents brothers cousins, all came because they thought Colten would be afraid? Wouldn't you know that my brothers said "well this isn't any fun" because he didn't crash and burn so they left?? Gotta love family huh???? lol
  • MIchelleH2027
    Options
    Michelle.. I think it is awesome that your son does so well and he loves the sport...Don't worry about those haters...their kids will learn the hard way that you gotta work for what you want. it won't just fall into your lap....

I miss you guys...you all always cheer me up....

Also...can we all send Dawn positive energy today?? (Its the Warrior Dash)

Yes, yes we should all do that, shouldn't we?? I actually thought it was yesterday and was so excited to log in last night to see if there were any updates!!! Am I the only one that hopes she will rocks it today??
  • willy0524
    willy0524 Posts: 1,897
    Options
    Im a hoper for DVS fortunately my weekend is starting right now so enjoy your weekend all.

Hey greg, GO B's
  • MIchelleH2027
    Options
    Wet T-shirt contest anyone?
  • bigphatcat
    Options
    are you being naughty?
  • phoenix_59
    phoenix_59 Posts: 1,123
    Options

I'm in....are you already wet?
  • MIchelleH2027
    Options
    Wouldn't you know that I am? Would you believe for the SECOND time tongiht??? What will I do if I run out of clothes???? :huh:
  • AwesomeMoJo
    AwesomeMoJo Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options

Heck yeah!!! Who's first...?
  • DawnVanSlim
    DawnVanSlim Posts: 10,471
    Options
    Can I say Thank You for all the warrior dash support? Do you know it's a good thing I didn't wear a white t-shirt to the dash! I may have just won the wet tshirt contest (Pirate knows what I mean..lol)
  • lisa28115
    lisa28115 Posts: 17,271 Member
    Options
    where is the wet T-shirt contest ???
  • MikeyD1280
    MikeyD1280 Posts: 5,257
    Options
    Can I say Thank You for all the warrior dash support? Do you know it's a good thing I didn't wear a white t-shirt to the dash! I may have just won the wet tshirt contest (Pirate knows what I mean..lol)

how was your boys bday? how proud are you of your accomplishment?
  • DawnVanSlim
    DawnVanSlim Posts: 10,471
    Options
    Can I say that I think Parker had the best birthday? And did you know I am ridiculously proud of my accomplishment? Do you think I should sign up for The Hot Mess Mud run next month? :happy: