Last 15 are a killer.....could use your input

13»

Replies

• RecliningFigure
    RecliningFigure Posts: 214 Member
    just keep at it, it will all add up down the line whether it is fast or not. just kick your own butt. i love workout dvd's, maybe add one on each day.

Can't do DVDs til schools back in - my daughter in babysitting so I don't have access to the TV right now - that's a great idea though - maybe add 30 days shred 3 days a week.....

I've found Yoga....dare I say it....boring - maybe I need to try again.

I schedule my workouts before the yoga class. I give myself 15 minutes between. Doing the yoga afterwards, it's like getting a massage after a hard workout. I feel sooooo good afterwards, and I really think it heals some of the stress I put on my body (especially after running). For me, it's not boring. But by the end of the session, I'm so relaxed that I do want to go to sleep.:laugh:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    just keep at it, it will all add up down the line whether it is fast or not. just kick your own butt. i love workout dvd's, maybe add one on each day.

Can't do DVDs til schools back in - my daughter in babysitting so I don't have access to the TV right now - that's a great idea though - maybe add 30 days shred 3 days a week.....

I've found Yoga....dare I say it....boring - maybe I need to try again.

I schedule my workouts before the yoga class. I give myself 15 minutes between. Doing the yoga afterwards, it's like getting a massage after a hard workout. I feel sooooo good afterwards, and I really think it heals some of the stress I put on my body (especially after running). For me, it's not boring. But by the end of the session, I'm so relaxed that I do want to go to sleep.:laugh:

maybe I need to try it again - we'll see if I can work it in next week.
  • RecliningFigure
    RecliningFigure Posts: 214 Member
    I'm in the same boat - though I think I'm just redistributing. I just added weight training a month ago, upped the calories a little, and I'm holding dead on 211-212 pounds. That's a little above my goal of 200 even,,, but I'm pretty happy with where I am.

Today at work I washed my hands and saw my bicep vein! I don't know if I've ever seen my bicep vein before. I wasn't even sure I had one! Hehehe,,,

Thanks for starting a post where I could vent in a semi-germaine way. You'll get it,,, and even if you don't - you still rock Chrissy. :drinker:

Bicep veins are good right? I've only seen bicep veins on body builders.:drinker:
  • chrissyh
    Just thought I'd update - I was down 1.4 pounds with my weigh in today! Very super excited!

I added a second kickboxing class and more interval running! Hard work pays off!
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Testify sister - :smile: :laugh: :drinker:

((I got 209 Sunday,,, :happy: )
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Testify sister - :smile: :laugh: :drinker:

((I got 209 Sunday,,, :happy: )

209 is a very fine number on you!
  • chrissyh
    casper - weren't you kinda on a hold too?? Way to go!!
  • chrissyh
    here's what I did...

1350 calories eating exercise calories or at least 1/2 of them
    96 oz of water daily
    Wednesday - Kickboxing 1 hour
    Thursday - strength 1 hour, cardio 30 minutes-elliptical
    Friday - Interval Run
    Saturday - lawn mowing-pushed the entire yard
    Sunday - RUN
    Monday - Strength 1 hour, Kickboxing 1 hour
    Tuesday - Interval Run
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Another day of strength training and a smaller caloric deficit, either through eating more or doing less cardio. Chronic cardiovascular activity releases a lot of cortisol, which breaks down both fat AND muscle. Give your body a reason to maintain your muscle mass. 2 days/wk is barely enough to maintain for a trained individual--the de-training effect takes place after about 3-4 days. Also, if you've been performing the same strength training program for more than 6-8 weeks, change that up as well. Your body becomes efficient quickly, so doing the same things at the same intensity will eventually yield lower caloric output.
  • chrissyh
    Another day of strength training and a smaller caloric deficit, either through eating more or doing less cardio. Chronic cardiovascular activity releases a lot of cortisol, which breaks down both fat AND muscle. Give your body a reason to maintain your muscle mass. 2 days/wk is barely enough to maintain for a trained individual--the de-training effect takes place after about 3-4 days. Also, if you've been performing the same strength training program for more than 6-8 weeks, change that up as well. Your body becomes efficient quickly, so doing the same things at the same intensity will eventually yield lower caloric output.

I sent you a pm about strength - thanks for your input!
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member

Ya', scale stuck for a while. Measurements are changing, BF% is changing, but weight has been holding. Not surprising - I upped the calories a little with an emphasis on protein, and I've always been an easy gainer for muscle mass.

Got a better weight Sunday, but I was pretty dehydrated. I hopped off the scale and drank a quart of water :drinker: I'm progressing, but I don't know if I was that light.

As Banks said - you have to "declare war" to get that last 10,,, but we'll get it. We've fought and won before.
  • LeeiaL
    LeeiaL Posts: 40
    I'm with you on the last 15..I'm working on the last 10. You CAN lose those last pounds...BUT it will take hard work and discipline, in the kitchen and in your workouts.

To do it, you'll have to up the intensity of your workouts. Walking just isn't going to get you there. Like others here, I suggest doing HITT at least 4x per week. Try working out 6x/week, with Sunday as your rest day.

I broke a plateau and lost 6 pounds by doing Jillian Michaels' 30-day shred 3x per week, and cycling in her other DVDs, 'banish fat' and 'trouble zones'. I bet that would do it for you. If you can't do longer DVDs, then you'll have to try other things - but make them full-body exercises - no movements in isolation, they're not efficient when you're almost at goal.

Also, with regard to your food intake, you'll have to be really disciplined - no refined sugar or carbs. I eat my fruit in the A.M. along with my biggest carb portion post -workout (oatmeal). Through the day I make sure I get protein with each meal with lots of vegetables (sometimes I'll have a 1/4 cup of brown rice); my last meal of the day doesn't have any starchy carbs, just lean meat (like chicken or fish) and vegetables.

You can do it, but you'll have to change what you're doing now. Good Luck!
  • chrissyh

Ya', scale stuck for a while. Measurements are changing, BF% is changing, but weight has been holding. Not surprising - I upped the calories a little with an emphasis on protein, and I've always been an easy gainer for muscle mass.

Got a better weight Sunday, but I was pretty dehydrated. I hopped off the scale and drank a quart of water :drinker: I'm progressing, but I don't know if I was that light.

As Banks said - you have to "declare war" to get that last 10,,, but we'll get it. We've fought and won before.

That's one thing I can say about cancer - it definitely made me more determined! I will beat my weight as I beat cancer!!!!!! (...picture me flexing my muscles)
  • chrissyh
    I'm with you on the last 15..I'm working on the last 10. You CAN lose those last pounds...BUT it will take hard work and discipline, in the kitchen and in your workouts.

To do it, you'll have to up the intensity of your workouts. Walking just isn't going to get you there. Like others here, I suggest doing HITT at least 4x per week. Try working out 6x/week, with Sunday as your rest day.

I broke a plateau and lost 6 pounds by doing Jillian Michaels' 30-day shred 3x per week, and cycling in her other DVDs, 'banish fat' and 'trouble zones'. I bet that would do it for you. If you can't do longer DVDs, then you'll have to try other things - but make them full-body exercises - no movements in isolation, they're not efficient when you're almost at goal.

Also, with regard to your food intake, you'll have to be really disciplined - no refined sugar or carbs. I eat my fruit in the A.M. along with my biggest carb portion post -workout (oatmeal). Through the day I make sure I get protein with each meal with lots of vegetables (sometimes I'll have a 1/4 cup of brown rice); my last meal of the day doesn't have any starchy carbs, just lean meat (like chicken or fish) and vegetables.

You can do it, but you'll have to change what you're doing now. Good Luck!

I wondered about the 30 day shred...I really like it - I'll probably get back to it once it colder and I can't run as much. I am also "training" for a 5k in October so I need to keep my running in there.
This discussion has been closed.