boys with tattoos.

Options

Replies

• Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    yada
    Nor does anyone expect you to. Thank you for voicing your dislike of tattoos again. :flowerforyou:
    yada
    Please explain to me why you choose to comb your hair the way you do, or wear the clothing that you wear. Please explain to me why you work in the field you work in, or study in the field you study. Please explain to me why you enjoy your favorite foods. Please explain to me why you like some colors more than others.

Apples and oranges. yada

you make me :yawn:
  • korinastern
    Options
    each of my tattoos marks a moment in my life that meant something huge to me, The birth of my kids, my own decisions to change. I feel personally that I want to commemorate these things in a form that cant be destroyed. I have lost alot of precious things in life and I want to carry the most important things with me always. I want to share my story with anyone who would look at me and ask what does that tattoo mean? My son also has sleeves, his tattoos commemorate the men that were lost when he served in iraq, and the innocence that he lost when he served, many of my tattoos commemorate such things, I have his dog tags on my ankle he went with me before he deployed, just in case. These thing should be in black and white for all americans to see.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    I'm curious as to what leads someone to permeantly mark their body like this.
    It's all personal preference. As long as it is not interfering with my life, I don't worry myself with what others do.

After seeing you make similar disparaging remarks in numerous other tattoo-related threads, I am convinced that your objective is not to understand why people do this. Rather, you are here to criticize the practice in a not-so-subtle manner.
  • BrownEyedSister
    BrownEyedSister Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Here's my latest - for the boys that like girls with ink!

Skully.jpg
  • kristalfrissy
    kristalfrissy Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I love boys with tats as well. My husband has quite a few but my favorite is an ambrigam on his right forearm. When read right side up--it says Jaden (our son's name) and when upside down it says Taylor (our daughter's name.

29f3zb4.jpg

15pnbph.jpg
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    all over my butt. i had a pen in my back pocket and it leaked

tee hee...love it
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    dont want a boy with a tatoo:noway: ....love a man with a scar and a great story!!!:love:
  • 7bel0
    7bel0 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Boys with tattoos make me want to bite my lip and do naughty things.... :wink:

Amen!

Agreed! Sleeves. Ribs. On their calf muscle! Ohh wow. Yes, I'm a sucker for tattoos. Makes me weak in the knees! :love:
  • maryaroy32
    maryaroy32 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hijacking time -

I like GIRLS with ink - it's just too bad we don't get to see more of it... :sad:

You'd be surprised how many girls have tattoos that people rarely see.... You wouldn't think I had half of my back covered, huh? Most girls I know get ink that represents things they love and it's personal, in my opinion.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    The remarks were not intended to be disparaging at all. I'm sorry you read it that way. Also...body mods DO interfere at times with other poeple's lives. I work in a hospital. We once had a kid lose his lip because of a piercing. I have seen people get HIV and HEP C from tattoo needles. Same with any body mod really..there are always risks.
    Please re-read what I wrote. "As long as it is not interfering with my life, I don't worry myself with what others do."
    What do YOU get out of it? Does it make you feel better about who you are? LIke yourself more? curious.
    Good lord. Your questions could not be more condescending, and I feel no need to explain, defend or analyze it.
  • jesscod
    jesscod Posts: 98
    Options
    Got a little p_ssy on my shoulder.... an octo*****, I mean.

octopus.jpg

Nice - what is the tribal looking bit on the other side?

I LOVE OCTOPI. Your tattoo is SWEET!
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    ahhh, love boys (men) with nice tats. I really need to convince my husband to let me get some great shots of his!
  • rgrange
    rgrange Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Currently 2 tattoos, planning on at least 1 more before I start grad school this fall.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    I'm a girl with tattoos who likes good tattoos on boys. This does not include the lovely initials my boyfriend has on his forearm in big bold dark font. His ex's initials. How lovely.

Oooh bad form. Tsk. Tsk.
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Several with a few showing in my profile pic.
  • brittigno
    brittigno Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    More tats, more tats!

I'm planning on getting my first one in July. :smooched:
  • maryaroy32
    maryaroy32 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    see...I "get" that this art work is beautiful. I would love something like that on my wall or as a sculpture. I just don't understand the appeal of making it a permanent thing on your body.
    Nor does anyone expect you to. Thank you for voicing your dislike of tattoos again. :flowerforyou:
    I'm asking for people to explain it to me. I'm not "voicing my opinion" to troll or rile up the thread. I'm very sorry if you feel that is the case.
    Please explain to me why you choose to comb your hair the way you do, or wear the clothing that you wear. Please explain to me why you work in the field you work in, or study in the field you study. Please explain to me why you enjoy your favorite foods. Please explain to me why you like some colors more than others.

Apples and oranges. How I comb my hair or wearing a red dress is NOT the same as permanent body modification. Want a similar analogy? What if I was to start a thread saying "women with huge breast implants...hawt....". How much critisizm do you think it would get??? Actually, implants are even less radical since they can be removed int he future. Most tats can never be fully erased (at least not with any tech. that I know of, and I admit my education about it is limited). I'm curious as to what leads someone to permeantly mark their body like this.

Oh wow... Really? I would hope that one puts some thought of the permanence of a tattoo, prior to getting it. Tattoos are not a fashion statement. It's art that one uses to for their own benefit, whatever benefit that might be for them. Some get tattoos to represent milestones in their life such as the birth of a child. Others use them to represent a love they have for something or someone. It's completely personal and frankly I find it offensive that a stranger thinks their opinion of someone else's choices of how to handle their own body, of which you have zero right to control, should supercede their own opinions of how to address their desire. If you don't like it, don't look at it, don't ask what it means, don't ask why that person chose that route for themself. It's none of your business, tbh.
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Getting my next one in a month! Can't wait!!