Georgia anyone?

Options

Replies

• oconor316
    oconor316 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Im from the small town of Glennville just out of the hinesville/fort stewert area
  • armishia
    armishia Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I live in Riverdale too and I just got started with my weight loss goals.
  • armishia
    armishia Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am looking for friends in the South Fulton, Georgia area. ( College Park, East Point, Riverdale, Union City, Fayetteville)

Add me so we can encourage each other and possibly workout together.
  • treetpflyer
    treetpflyer Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I'm in Braselton and this heat has been ridiculous!
  • 11Starseed
    Options
    Ball Ground, GA here (foothills of the N. GA mountains) Heat or none,...yep! We "Just do it!" (as Nike says) :-) I walk for an hour usually before 12 (early in morning or late eve is best for outside exercise/walking) It just makes the cold shower afterwards even MORE EXHILARATING. :-) Good luck to you, keep it up!
  • mikeschratz
    mikeschratz Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Live in a littel town North West of Savannah, GA. I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!
  • mzkezh
    mzkezh Posts: 74
    Options
    Columbus, Ga here, I workout either in the house or late evening after the sun has gone down
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,267 Member
    Options
    I'm in Covington. Using JMBR and working indoors...it's been a life saver!!!
  • lyngoode
    lyngoode Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Riverdale! Love the Georgia summers!
  • thunderchld
    thunderchld Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Statesboro (45 miles west of Savannah). We've been hitting heat-indexes of 112 for about a week now. Even getting up at 4AM it is too hot/humid/muggy/miserable to go running outside. I've swapped it for Body Pump and a treadmill for the time being.
  • smyrnared
    smyrnared Posts: 1
    Options
    Smyrna over here..melting!!!
  • ChefJenn
    ChefJenn Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    henry county here. Its really hot but I either walk super early in the AM or I do something indoors.
    I get creative like push ups using the back of the couch or jogging around my living room while my doggy chases me. LOL
    I just find a way to burn some calories.
  • victorialeehyde
    Options
    I just moved from Athens, GA to Jacksonville, FL... I miss Athens even if it's hotttttttt
  • lilylight
    lilylight Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Next door, in AL. I was walking/running outside until it hit about 99 - now I 'ver had to break down and try the gym!
  • guapogringo
    guapogringo Posts: 201
    Options
    Any north ATL people who run, crossfit, circuit train, do HIIT or something similar? Alway looking for locals with similar attitudes about training. Feel free to add me.
  • wardf
    wardf Posts: 33
    Options
    I'm in Powder Springs, GA, and yes it's been hot lately, but I love the heat, and burn so many more calories when outside! I'm just happy it isn't cold..lol
  • claw0416
    claw0416 Posts: 95
    Options
    columbus/fort benning area...new to the area..
  • 42kgirl
    42kgirl Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    columbus/fort benning area...new to the area..
    I am planning on running my first marathon there. It's November 10 and I'm both nervous and excited. In fact, I'm just waiting for it to be a bit lighter to head out on my long run.
  • angiezturn
    angiezturn Posts: 49
    Options
    I'm in the Nashville area, the heat sucks!! I tried to run a few days ago outside and it gave me a headache. I will still go to the gym for now where at least there is air conditioning.
  • GinaKurtz
    GinaKurtz Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Jefferson, GA (between Athens & Gainesville) & I agree! This heat & humidity are ridiculous!